Worried about stock in the future???

Status
Not open for further replies.

posaune

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT - USA
What I'm worried about is that everyone is going to dry up the stock and Steve will be out of stock for another 1-2 weeks. While he waits for the next shipment.

Then, we'll have to wait for the countdown again and everyone will horde the stock AGAIN!!!

I wonder if this is going to be a neverending cycle, especially because of the FDA/China export thing.

I know he moved to accomodate more stock but the crowd keeps getting bigger as well, so will there ever be enough stock available........???

Anybody else have an opinion???

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
What I'm worried about is that everyone is going to dry up the stock and Steve will be out of stock for another 1-2 weeks. While he waits for the next shipment.

Then, we'll have to wait for the countdown again and everyone will horde the stock AGAIN!!!

I wonder if this is going to be a neverending cycle, especially because of the FDA/China export thing.

I know he moved to accomodate more stock but the crowd keeps getting bigger as well, so will there ever be enough stock available........???

Anybody else have an opinion???

I'm not entirely sure if we will every have enough stock *on-hand* to cover everyones needs. I don't enjoy being out of stock, and I hate to see people waiting and waiting to get exactly what they need. juice and Hardware are 2 seperate issues. Hardware is what we are fighting for to always keep in stock ... juice is entirely different.

i agree. but what can he do?? what can we do??

We have some ideas :)

As Puresmoker profits and those profits go back into more stock, the quantities should get larger.

Shipping from HK seems like the issue for now, but not China. So there's an interesting potential workaround for all that.

Larger Qtys = Even more scruitiny getting in to the country. A daily battle here ....

My biggest worry is the FDA banning nicotine liquid...

Very very true RSN ...

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Why not limit the amount individuals can order the first 24-48 hours after you post a stock update? That way there isn't people jumping on the site as soon as you stock and wiping stuff out before other people who don't have a chance to order can get to the site.

Probably wouldn't be a popular idea but I'm thinking it'd help you gain more customers, like me, who are just starting out and really miss out on a lot of stuff because it evaporates right before our eyes.

I mean, if you're concern is just the bottom line, then sell out and be out of stock for weeks-- as I saw, it does build up the hype to a crescendo! Then people order and wipe the stock up because they're afraid of stock disappearing!

That's kind of a vicious cycle but allows for breaks in-between for you. It could be good for business to have "cycles" or it could be bad, if most people blow their wad (of cash) somewhere else because they couldn't wait.

As the demand increases and stock gets harder to import, people will be pouncing even worse than usual. It's like buying bags of ice after a hurricane comes through-- people buy way more than they actually need and others just do without.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I'm not entirely sure if we will every have enough stock *on-hand* to cover everyones needs. I don't enjoy being out of stock, and I hate to see people waiting and waiting to get exactly what they need. Juice and Hardware are 2 seperate issues. Hardware is what we are fighting for to always keep in stock ... Juice is entirely different.

We have some ideas :)

Larger Qtys = Even more scruitiny getting in to the country. A daily battle here ....

Very very true RSN ...
Please tell us vultures, Steve, who were refreshing every minute, just how long did it take to deplete your stock? I'm guessing minutes.

scythe944

Verified Member
But screw that!

If the FDA bans e-liquid, or e-cigarettes, there is a serious conspiracy going on.

This is the single best thing to hit "smoking" since smoking. It's so stupid to think that the FDA or the Govt. would try to ban these things, when the benefits are far greater than the alternative (smoking actual cigs).

I have no idea what I or the rest of us can do to prevent these things from ever being banned, but I'll do pretty much anything to see that they don't.

JeremyJames

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
They might ban liquids but i dont think they can ban ecigs, we can just sell them seperately and call them something else, they cant ban batteries, metal tubes, and peices of plastic filled with polyster can they?

If the liquid gets banned I will just go 0 NIC and make my own, I am already down to 4MG...thats why my objective has shifted to get down to 0 NIC ASAP instead of my formal plan which was to just stay on low nic.

Last edited:
Man, Black Friday all over again!!

I was lucky, but yet, not so lucky.

Good News...I got my menthol juice

Bad News... Had to get the high nic levels. They were all out of the lows and zero nic's.

Not good if your trying to cut back on nicotine!

Let's hope that the laws of supply and demand don't kick in or else we'll be paying gas prices for our favorite juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread