Wotofo Disposables Review: Wafer, Mini +, Airy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen Bee

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
The Wotofo Disposables: Wafer, Mini +, and Airy!

Hello vaping community! My name is Jen, with you folks today on my very first review here on ECF! I am aiming to provide you guys with an overview and user feedback of the latest disposable devices from Wotofo: the Wafer, Mini +, and Airy. These are kindly sent to me for review by Wotofo (thank you, Cara!).

Wotofo is a hugely popular manufacturer of vape devices. They have been around since 2012 and are one of the oldest mainstream vape companies in the industry. The have released many successful devices, including my go-to RDA for flavour, the Profile RDA. In recent years, they seem to also be involved with or a part of smok and OFRF; for example, the Nexmesh sub-ohm tank was released as by both Wotofo and OFRF. But for today, we are going to be looking at something more simple than RDAs and sub-ohm atomisers, in these latest disposable devices from Wotofo.

Before going further, I do want to sort of address the elephant in the room, as we are indeed talking about disposables. I know that their rise and use is a polarising topic within the community for lots of different reasons. Some laud their simplicity and convenience especially for new switchers, whereas some are more concerned about their potential negative effects, of which there’s many to list including impact to the environment and to the industry as a whole. Whichever side of the argument we may be in, disposable devices are now in the market, and not all are made equal. And it is from this lens that I am sharing my experience about these new disposable kits from Wotofo, so that real world feedback about these is shared within the community.

My review will be from my own experience of using these devices in everyday life as a regular vaper.

Wotofo Wafer

Quick specs:

- 13 x 20 x 105 mm, kind of looks like a tall highlighter.

- 400 mAh battery

- Made from SS304 and food-grade PC

- Having a 1.6 ohms wire coil

- 2mL e-liquid volume and claims to have a 575 puff-life.

The Wafer has that classic disposable device form factor but with Wotofo’s style added to it. Its inner body has the brand, flavour and other information printed on it, and is then encased in a transparent plastic shell. This change in look alone makes it stand out from the sea of other disposable brands in the market and makes it undeniably a Wotofo creation (regardless of the huge branding Wotofo are known for).

It’s a simple pull and puff type of device without any extra features such as airflow control, rechargeable battery, or refillable pod. The device is responsive- one can generate a puff with its comfortable duckbill-type mouthpiece even with a slight pull. The draw is what I would characterise as medium MTL, with the air coming from the bottom where the white LED indicator light is also located. All in all, it’s a simple as simple can get and would be a good recommendation for the most basic of starter devices/disposables.

It comes in a variety of flavours, and I was sent these flavours: Strawberry Banana Ice, Strawberry Ice Cream, Mango Peach Pineapple Ice, Watermelon Ice, Blueberry Raspberry Ice. Sensing the common theme of “ice” from the flavours I received, I admit that I had some hesitation going in because I typically don’t favour any cooling or menthol in my e-liquids. To my surprise though, these tasted really good and on-point, even the Ice Cream variety. Sure, the cooling is there but it is not overwhelming the main flavour notes. I can only really sense the cooling at the end of the puff. It also doesn’t linger which is a pro for a cooling-averse person like me. All in all, I was very pleased with the Wotofo Wafer.

Did it last the advertised 575 puffs though? Well, not really. But we have to remember that the number of puffs depend on how hard we pull as well, and I do take deep pulls most of the time. I used these mostly in the mornings whilst working, and it did last me about 4 days before the LED light started blinking (that’s how the device tells you that it’s reached the end of its life). Still, this is better than others I have been asked to sample and so I was pleased with the lifespan of the Wafer.

Wotofo Mini +

Quick specs:

- 14 x 102 mm. The Mini + is of a cylindrical shape as compared to the rectangular Wafer.

- 500 mAh battery

- Having a 1.6 ohms wire coil

- 2mL e-liquid volume and claims to have a 575 puff-life.

The Mini + has that common pen-style form factor most disposables have. Compared to the Wafer, it is slightly smaller but does pack more battery life in it. The branding and product information are all printed on the outer shell. It also has a duckbill-style mouthpiece, albeit a little narrower than the Wafer’s. Nonetheless, I found the mouthpiece comfortable to use.

One big difference from the Wafer is that the Mini + has adjustable airflow at the bottom where the white LED indicator light is also placed. The airflow control is on a raised slider, and one can go from a loose MTL (a restricted direct lung hit is also possible if one so chooses) all the way to a very tight MTL. I really like the addition of this feature as this allows the user to truly tailor the draw they want from the device. Again, it’s a very responsive kit that just runs on auto-draw.

It comes in a wide selection of flavours as well, and I was sent the Grape Ice, Blueberry Raspberry Ice, Strawberry Ice Cream, Strawberry Banana Ice, and Mango Peach Pineapple Ice. As with the Wafer, I had the same misgivings upon reading the flavour names (even if they’re similar to the Wafer ones I received, they could still taste different) but I was also well impressed with the taste of these Mini + flavours sent to me. They are all pleasing to vape from a taste perspective. Overall, I was quite happy with the Mini +, and I prefer this one slightly over the Wafer purely because of the airflow control.

As for puff-life, the Mini + fared around the same as the Wafer (see the reasoning I gave above).

Wotofo Airy

Quick specs:

- 28 x 113.6 mm. This one is a fat and round tube!

- 850 mAh battery

- Having a 0.6 ohms mesh coil

- 12mL e-liquid volume and claims to have a 1000 puff-life.

- Has a micro-USB port at the bottom

Basing on the specs, you may already be able to tell that the Airy is not your run-of-the-mill MTL disposable. This is, in fact, a direct to lung (DTL) disposable! This is the first time I have used a dedicated DTL disposable, and very likely the only pure DTL disposable I know of that is currently in the market.

The device itself is again covered in Wotofo branding and device information. It is comfortable enough to use with its wide-bore, cylindrical drip tip. But its size is on the large side and so other people may find it to be strange-looking and bulky to be walking around with. It is not heavy at all though, owing to the materials used to build this kit.

Engaging the auto-draw (it has no buttons anywhere for an alternative firing method) in MTL will be challenging, and so I would recommend this device for DTL vaping only. You’d need to do a true DTL pull to get a satisfying puff out of this kit. But when you do though, it does actually chuck a sizeable amount of clouds! The mesh coil gives great flavour, albeit the vape will not be a typical warm DTL vape we are familiar with, and this makes sense given the battery and liquid capacity of the kit. It has no airflow control, and this is something that I wish Wotofo did add to this device to give it some versatility.

The puffs do wane a little bit with diminishing battery life, especially as this device doesn’t have power regulation, but it does charge quick enough. It charged to full at about 40 minutes of being plugged in.

I received the Granny Smith, Hawaiian Punch, and Tropical Fruit Gummy flavours. As with the other flavours I tried of these Wotofo disposables, I have no complaints about the taste of them at all.

But as a whole and even though I am not a pure DTL vaper, I did enjoy using this device and by quite a lot. I can see its appeal to the DTL market as they may not be considered by traditional disposables, the latter catering mostly for the MTL vapers.

All of these disposables will come in a variety of nicotine salt strengths depending on your region.

Final Thoughts:

I did genuinely have a pleasant experience using these Wotofo disposables. Having tested my fair share of them, I can tell that their quality is superior from some of the other brands I’ve tried. Also, with the release of the Airy, I was happy to see that Wotofo found a way to offer disposables to the DTL market.

I recommend the Wafer and Mini + to those who are very new to vaping and want to try the experience in the most fuss-free manner possible. These would also make good back-up devices in the car or when traveling.

My sincerest thanks again to Wotofo for allowing me to review these products!

Edit: Apologies for the placement of the photos, I'm still learning how to post in ECF! :)

IMG_20220118_142926__01.png
IMG_20220118_142959__01.png
IMG_20220118_143039__01.png
IMG_20220118_143213__01.png
IMG_20220118_143240__01.png
IMG_20220118_143320__01.png
IMG_20220118_143342__01.png
IMG_20220118_143356__01__01.png
IMG_20220118_143643__01__01.png
IMG_20220118_143800__01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.