Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of the latest offerings from Wotofo on the subject of RTA tank, it is the Gear V2. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish it. I hope by the end of this reading you have understood this tank RTA, and decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.

► Before starting, let's take a look at the main features indicated by the manufacturer:
    1. Single coil RTA, compact and powerful
    2. Easy connection of the Drip-Tip with the top cap to shorten the air passage and provide a direct flavor
    3. Compressed chamber to provide great flavor and extreme vaping experience
    4. Original deck for quick build
    5. 2 small airflow slots on the plate for smooth vaping
    6. Fixed RTA airflow with optimal air quantity and less liquid condensation

Enjoy the reading.

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Packaging:
    The package with the black / green background colors, shows on the front; the name of the product (Gear), the address of the manufacturer, and the words "Designed By Wotofo". On the back of the box are listed: The warnings, the place of origin of the product, the logos and trademarks required by law.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-2.jpg

Above the remaining sides of the packaging; a writing in big letters "GEAR", the packing list, color indication of this sample (SS), bar code, check security code.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-3.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 * Wotofo Gear V2 RTA
    • 2 * Framed Staple Clapton Coil (NI80) 0.33Ω
    • 2 * Ø3mm cotton laces
    • 1 * Screwdriver
    • 1 * Bag of accessories
    • 1 * User Manual

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-4.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Technical data:
    • Dimensions: 24x38.5mm (with Drip tip and 510 pin)
    • Liquid capacity: 3.5ml
    • Type of filling: Superior
    • Air flow: Fixed side
    • Thread: 510
    • Tank material: SS + PCTG
    • Insulation material: German PEEK
    • Deck: Single Coil
    • Coils included: Framed Staple Clapton Coil Ø3mm (NI80) 0.33Ω, 28G + 38Gx9 + 28G + 36G.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-5.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Available colours:
    • Black
    • SS
    • Blue
    • Gold
    • Rainbow

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-6.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; First impressions:
    I was quite intrigued by the fact that Wotofo decided to make the Gear V2 in transparent PCTG instead of the usual glass and metal, moreover the drip tip is not replaceable and the AFC slots are not adjustable! The question arises, why all this economy on a high performance regenerable tank?

Wotofo stated that the essence of this update begins with the idea of taking the concept of construction simplicity to a new level by enormously increasing performance ... Ok, we'll see later if this is true.

The accessories are quite rich, i want to point out, only a tool is missing to straighten the coil once the resistance is installed on the Deck.

A very important factor when choosing a new RTA is the size; Wotofo Gear V2 RTA, with an external diameter of 24mm, is adaptable without protrusions to the majority of traditional Mods on the market. To stay in the big family of Wotofo I am attaching the image of the good visual combination of Gear V2 RTA with the cute little M-Dura Box Mod.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-7.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Exploded view:
    Before using Gear V2 RTA I proceeded to clean it, the tank can be separated into 3 elements. Both the Top-cap with integrated drip tip and the central section of the tank are made of one-piece molded PCTG. The Deck and the internal bell are instead made of stainless steel.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-8.jpg

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-9.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Refill:
    To fill the tank, the Top-Cap must be unscrewed. The Top-Cap with integrated Drip tip is joined to the central section of the tank by threading, the internal connection parts of these elements are made of steel and despite the external structure being in PCTG, the Gear V2 RTA appears structurally solid. The only precaution when closing the tank after filling it with liquid is not to tighten the top-cap too much because its subsequent removal could be difficult as there is no good grip for the fingers. If you squeeze the Top-Cap too tight, you may need rubber gloves to remove it.
    The filling ports are generously sized, convenient to use with any bottle, the tank has a capacity of up to 3.5ml of e-liquid.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-10.jpg

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-11.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Internal steel structure:
    The steel bell is threaded at the top to join the Top-Cap, and at the bottom it is threaded to join the Deck. Wotofo states that the internal volume of the chamber is designed to better compress the vapor and to maximize the flavor.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-12.jpg

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-13.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Air Flow:
    Gear V2 RTA has a fixed airflow towards the coil, which means that the airflow is not adjustable. Wotofo states that the optimum amount of air was calculated by their engineers and that this design eliminates condensation that seeps through the slots when a bezel with a control ring is present.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-14.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Deck:
    The Gear V2 Deck is entirely made of metal, on the bottom there are; an adjustable gold-plated pin and various laser inscriptions.

The two flathead screws hold the coil in place, next to each screw is a raised wall which helps hold the wire under the screw head. When the coil is locked, it is very easy to cut the excess legs.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-15.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Build Deck:
    For the regeneration I used cotton and one of the two coils in the package. Unfortunately, both resistors have parallel legs and the deck requires diverging legs, so it is necessary to use a 3mm tube and further roll the coil by 1/2 turn. To tighten the resistance is not so simple as after inserting a leg under the screw, you need to completely remove the other screw, insert the second leg and reinsert the previously removed screw. Nothing impossible but patience and a steady hand are needed.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-16.jpg

After checking that the resistance was activated well, I thinned the cotton by cutting the mustache rather short, I took the scissors again and gave the ends of the cotton a "spearhead" shape, then I gently inserted the cotton into the buttonholes of liquid draw.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-17.jpg

► Wotofo Gear V2 RTA; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    After the initial dismay deriving from the fact of being in front of a Tank almost entirely made of plastic I noticed that the internal structure was in steel and that it allowed to join the parts in a solid and effective way, but then once, again I remained perplexed by the fact that the Drip-tip was not replaceable and that the air-flow was not adjustable. Subsequently, and documenting myself for the review regarding these choices, I realized that Wotofo had set itself the goal of "improving" to its fullest potential even the most basic of designs available for an RTA tank. So I just had to build the coil and do my Vaping test.

The Deck is of a good size and with the procedure I have described and with a minimum of patience it is not difficult to regenerate it. The tank is quite compact in size, this is probably Wotofo's choice to maximize the yield and flavor of the Gear V2 RTA. The 3.5ml capacity is the consequence of its small size, 3.5ml is not many but it is still acceptable.

Wotofo's idea of making vaping easier and better, finds confirmation in my test, in fact the yield is very good and without drawbacks. However and even if the Puff is perfectly calibrated for RDL vaping and for its supplied coil, I would have personally preferred the presence of an adjustable AFC.

The Puff is fluid, full of flavor, free from spitting and liquid leaks. It probably also depends on how the coil is backcombed, but I like to think that this is the result of studies by Wotofo and his team of engineers.

Another thing that I really appreciated about the Gear V2 RTA is that after an intense use at 35-40W the Tank does not overheat at all and this makes me re-evaluate the choice of construction materials by Wotofo.

If you are looking for a simple but effective rebuildable tank that allows you to save money and you don't want to compromise on performance, I recommend that you consider the Wotofo Gear V2 RTA.

Thanks to Wotofo for sending me the sample for the review.
    Wotofo Gear V2 RTA - Making Vaping Simpler But Better

Thanks for reading.

Wotofo-Gear-V2-RTA-3-5ml-24mm-18.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread