Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, Today let's take a look at Wotofo Profile X rta. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Before starting, let's see the main characteristics declared by the manufacturer:

• 1. Creates a large amount of vapor and provides a rich and smooth flavor.
    • 2. It is the only top airflow rta in the market that fits all Profile meshes and is compatible with both single and dual strand coils simultaneously
    • 3. A whopping 8ml capacity when used with bubble glass.
    • 4. Quarter-turn top fill system with dual low fill ports for more comfortable filling.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-2.gif

► Packaging:
    The package with black / green colors and white writing has a window on the front to see the internal content, you can also read the product name (Profile X), the website and the manufacturer by Wotofo. On the back side of the box are listed; The warnings, the place of origin of the product, the legal logos and trademarks. On the other sides of the packaging are; the packing list, a barcode, color indication (Black), the check security code and other identifying writings.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-3.jpg

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-4.jpg

► Packing List:
    • 1 X Profile RTA
    • 1 nexMESH Chill A1 0.15Ω
    • 1 nexMESH Turbo A1 0.13Ω
    • 1 nexMESH Extreme A1 0.16Ω
    • 2 Framed Stapled Clapton Ni80 0.33Ω
    • 3 Cotton strips 6mm thick
    • 2 strips of cotton 3mm thick
    • 1 Bubble Glass 8ml
    • 1 Mesh bending tool
    • 1 Phillips screwdriver
    • 1 bag of accessories
    • 1 User Manual

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-5.jpg

► Specifications:
    • Dimensions: Φ28*43.7mm (with drip tip and 510 pin)
    • Drip Tip Material: 810 colored resin
    • E-liquid capacity: 5ml Standard Edition PCTG tube, 2ml TPD edition, 8ml bubble glass (included in the package)
    • Deck diameter: Φ28mm
    • Type of coils supported: Single Mesh, Single Wire, Dual Wire
    • Type of airflow: Top adjustable
    • Pin insulation material: German PEEK
    • Deck insulating material: Ceramic
    • Thread: 510

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-6.jpg

► Available Colors:
    • Black
    • SS
    • Gunmetal
    • Gold
    • Blue
    • Rainbows

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-7.gif

► First Impressions:
    The Profile X RTA is the result of meticulous engineering and continuous manufacturing improvement to increase the performance of the original Profile RTA.
    The deck of the new Profile X RTA can accommodate different configurations of Coils; Single mesh, dual and single wire coils. With the supplied bubble glass, the maximum capacity is increased up to 8ml. Wotofo has always built its devices in a qualitative way to satisfy its customers. The upper structure in stainless steel gives the Profile X RTA the necessary structural solidity. The Profile X RTA comes in multiple color options such as; steel, black, gunmetal and rainbow. When choosing a Tank RTA it is important to first evaluate its characteristics in order to choose the correct Mod to match it. For this test I used MDURA 230W which is a powerful and captivating dual battery-Mod from Wotofo.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-8.jpg

For this test I received from Wotofo a nice example of Profile X RTA in the Black color version, the paint has nice glossy reflections. The top cap has a perimeter in the shape of a "bolt head" but you don't need a wrench to unscrew it, rather it is rather a 1/4 turn counterclockwise to access the two huge filling slots. The 810 drip tip is set in a slightly raised collar and its red color with black streaks goes well with the color of the tank. It is a Top AFC with rather small height dimensions, and in width the bubble glass is imposing but does not disfigure the design at all. There are some white writings that stand out well against the black background, at the top you can read "Profile X Wotofo" in small but sharp font, and in the middle (through the glass) you can see the Wotofo logo.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-9.jpg

► Honeycomb AFC:
    At the top, there are two rows of 18 holes for each side (total 36 holes), and this kind of top airflow structure prevents e-liquid from leaking. Counterclockwise rotation of the control ring progressively closes the flow and clockwise rotation opens the flow.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-10.gif

The exploded view of Profile X RTA highlights some details, look at the slots for filling as they are positioned below! This solution is very clever because it allows you to drop the liquid inside the tank with any bottle, you could even fill it with a glass, and without wasting even a drop of liquid. As I anticipated, the top cap unscrews/screws easily with a 1/4 turn rotation, this is the classic "bayonet" system. The air control ring has rotation stops and is quite fluid and precise to operate, and can also be disassembled for periodic cleaning operations. The upside-down deck shows a threaded connection with a rather protruding but fixed pin, around which there are numerous intification writings. The one-piece central structure has the internal shape of a hemispherical dome which is flanked by two large slots for the inflow and air extraction. The inside of the bell is threaded to join solidly to the deck.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-11.jpg

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-12.jpg

► Builds:
    The Profile X deck has a configuration for Single Mesh, the Phillips screws and a pair of clamps fix the mesh correctly in the designated point, it is also possible to insert one or two traditional type coil of wires. In the kit there are 3 different types of mesh and two traditional wire coils, I tried them all and also in single wire coil configuration, so I will describe my impressions. Before starting the construction it is necessary to take the tool supplied for bending the mesh coils. After preparing and bending the mesh coil, you need to proceed carefully so as not to deform it, then you need to insert it into the deck and tighten the clamps. The white ceramic plate is spring loaded and when you insert the cotton laces (present in the package) you need to press the ceramic plate down and insert the cotton lace at the same time. The pushing action of the spring lifts the plate and pushes the cotton to fit snugly against the mesh. The liquid draft buttonholes are huge, however it is necessary to reduce the size of the cotton whiskers to be able to insert them comfortably in the buttonholes, the lower part of the cotton whiskers I cut them diagonally leaving the upper part intact and in close contact with the outer edges of the network. Unfortunately, describing this procedure is complicated, and if you are inexperienced, a video of the operation would solve many doubts. Youtube is full of useful videos of how to proceed to correctly position the cotton inside a mesh coil.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-13.jpg

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-14.jpg

► Vaping Test:

• nexMESH Extreme A1 0.16Ω:

After some tests I preferred to use this coil at 52W of power, I noticed that with higher powers the absorption of the liquid struggled to keep up with the needs of the cotton and the coil. With the vents closed at 50% I found my sweet spot experiencing good flavor and quite interesting vapor production.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-15.jpg

• nexMESH Turbo A1 0.13Ω:
    The low resistive value of this coil would need a very high selected power, however I had to "settle" for 60W because once again, raising the power too much, the correct feeding of the cotton was in crisis. However with this power (60W) the activation is instantaneous with a very fluid delivery of the steam and with a slightly better flavor than the previous one. Clouds are consistent and again I selected 50% AFC aperture to get just the right amount of warmth.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-16.jpg

• nexMESH Chill A1 0.15Ω:
    Unlike the previous coils (in steel) this one is in Kanthal A1, and is reactive in ignition even with relatively low selected powers. Initially I received some dry-hits because I had left the "shoulders" of the cotton too low (as in the photo), after having raised the shoulders of the cotton putting them in close contact with the mains I was able to select 50W of power. So after solving my mistake I was very happy. The clouds are thick and creamy, and the flavor is perhaps the best compared to the previous nexMESH's in steel.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-17.jpg

• Single Clapton Coils:
    I initially tested a 3.5mm inner diameter coil, but due to the large chamber size, the flavor was rarefied and below average. Then I rewound the resistor onto a large 5mm diameter tip. Things immediately started to work out much better. With 40W of power and with this configuration the Profile X has nothing to envy to other tanks that are designed for exclusive use with single wire coil .

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-18.jpg

• Dual Framed Stapled Clapton Ni80 0.33Ω:
    The final resistive value settled at 0.12Ω. I used these double coils with a power between 65 and 75W. As I expected this is a hotter type of vape, and it stays hot even with the AFC wide open. The amount of clouds and quality of flavor are less impressive than setups with Mesh coils. However in this case the performances do not fear comparison with other RTA tanks born and developed for the classic use with coiled wire coils.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-19.jpg

► Final Conclusions:
    Undoubtedly Profile X RTA is a well-built tank, decidedly cute and with a large liquid capacity, especially if it is combined with the supplied bubble glass. The top air adjustment with rotating ring is simple and effective, moreover the Top AFC forgives any cotton positioning error avoiding losses. There are several possibilities to regenerate the Profile X RTA; it also works well with traditional coils, but this is a specific tank for Mesh Coil and it is with these configurations that Wotofo's new product offers the best performance, just what you were looking for.

I would like to thank Wotofo for providing me with the Tank. Hope this review was helpful for anyone who wants to buy Wotofo Profile X RTA.

Thanks for reading.

Wotofo-Profile-X-RTA-20.gif

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Nice review!

Love me some Clapton mesh (over the featured mesh strips). It has the best flavor and IMO, should be included in the kit.

Why did you not mount the coils correctly using the post-less deck holes?
    Is there an advantage to using the mesh mounting plates vs the postless deck holes?

Cheers
    I

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Thank you.
    Obviously it's best to remove the plates and insert the coil legs into the holes in the deck. However I have had no problems using the plates.
    IMG-20221125-151524-1.jpg

In dual coil config, the coils should be placed parallel however by removing the plates the space between the coils is greatly reduced and they should be placed rather coils small in diameter.

IMG-20221125-154433.jpg

IMG-20221125-170925.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread