Wotofo Recurve RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Where are the pics of everyone's Recurve with conversion cap on their favorite mod? I have a black frosted on the way, can't wait!
Since you asked... I was surprised the gunmetal one actually came out gunmetal, unlike the original cap which was basically just (slightly less than black) black...

actually using a 510 tip, but put the stock caps on for this. Pairs quite well with pico squeeze, now that it's not fighting the battery cap for fit. As far as I can tell, no impact on how it all works so probably wasn't the best $9 I've ever spent - maybe you'll have better luck in seeing a difference in going from metal to plastic.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Since you asked... I was surprised the gunmetal one actually came out gunmetal, unlike the original cap which was basically just (slightly less than black) black...

actually using a 510 tip, but put the stock caps on for this. Pairs quite well with pico squeeze, now that it's not fighting the battery cap for fit. As far as I can tell, no impact on how it all works so probably wasn't the best $9 I've ever spent - maybe you'll have better luck in seeing a difference in going from metal to plastic.
The inside of the 22mm cap is identical to the 24mm. They will vape exactly the same. Any difference will be placebo .

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
The inside of the 22mm cap is identical to the 24mm. They will vape exactly the same. Any difference will be placebo .
As I expected, which was why I got a metal cap instead of a plastic one - the idea wasn't to change the vape at all just the shape, though this shape does reduce the surface area for radiating heat. I do expect a plastic cap to make a difference mainly in that plastic doesn't retain or sink heat like a metal cap, if nothing else it will shunt more heat into the mod but could affect condensation inside the cap to some degree (thus the vape) as well.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
As I expected, which was why I got a metal cap instead of a plastic one - the idea wasn't to change the vape at all just the shape, though this shape does reduce the surface area for radiating heat. I do expect a plastic cap to make a difference mainly in that plastic doesn't retain or sink heat like a metal cap, if nothing else it will shunt more heat into the mod but could affect condensation inside the cap to some degree (thus the vape) as well.
Very well could be..... however, my taste buds aren't that finely tuned. I agree with you....if there's going to be a difference, it'll be more pronounced with the plastic cap.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles

Indeed, the only practical purpose in these as far as I can see is to reduce the atty size down from 24 to 22 by doing away with the curve. Folks of course may like / prefer the style, but I can't seeing it affecting the vape at all.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: joeblowma

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I picked up a few of the conversion caps and am very pleased with them. I prefer the looks of it over the 24mm curved caps.

I got the plastic ones to use with the Recurve on lighter mods like the Pulse and now it will fit the Squeeze OG. To me, the RDA with the stock metal cap almost makes the Pulse feel top heavy because of the weight of the stock cap. The smoked black cap looks sweet on my Pulse 80. :)

I picked up some of the metal caps as well since I prefer the shape over the 24mm cap, planning on using them with my heavier mods.

I wish they would have just originally sold it as a 22mm RDA with the new caps. I hate to pay $13.99 for a plastic cap, maybe I'm just cheap. The metal ones I can kind of understand the price.

Anyways, I picked up one of each of the 22mm caps since I have seven Recurves between the ones in rotation and the ones in the FDA vape closet. I'm not sure I'll use the 24mm caps again as long as I have the new ones.

I'm kind of guessing this was a marketing plan all along. Release it as a 24mm RDA, then sell the 22mm caps later for those that want/need a smaller RDA. Good for them from a marketing perspective, but I doubt this was an afterthought. The caps seem to be pretty popular, seen them go out of stock (most colors) pretty quickly once VaporDNA started carrying them.

I am a big fan of the RDA though, like it even better with the 22mm caps, even if I had to pay for them after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread