Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of the latest offers from Wotofo on the subject of rebuildable atomizers, this is Wotofo Recurve V2 rda. The popular Recurve rda was recently updated by Wotofo in collaboration with youtuber Mike Vapes.

In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish it. I hope by the end of this reading you have understood this RDA, and decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.

► Before starting, let's take a look at the main characteristics declared by the manufacturer:
    • 1. An incredible upgrade to the Curved RDA
    • 2. The most recent collaboration with Mike Vapes
    • 3. True Postless Deck
    • 4. Regeneration according to your preferences, supports both Ø3mm double coils and Ø5 / 3mm single coil
    • 5. Innovative approach to optimize airflow, honeycomb vents + 2 flow adapters
    • 6. More concentrated flavor
    • 7. Perfect design for cloud chasing vaping enthusiasts
    • 8. Contains up to 2ml of e-liquid

Enjoy the reading.

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; Packaging:
    The package with the black / green background colors and the white writing bears the name of the product (Recurve) on the front, the wording resulting from the collaboration "Wotofo x Mike Vapes designed By Wotofo & Mike Vapes". On the back of the box are listed: The warnings, the place of origin of the product, the logos and trademarks required by law.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-2.jpg

On the other sides of the packaging there are; the packing list, an image of the Recurve V2 RDA, color indication (Gold), bar code, check security code.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-3.jpg

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; Packing List:
    • 1 x Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA
    • 1 x Dual Core Fused Clapton Coil Ø5mm 0,65Ω Best 65-75W
    • 2 x Framed Staple Clapton Coils Ø3mm 0.33Ω Best 70-78W
    • 1 x 5mm thick cotton strip
    • 2 x 3mm thick cotton strip
    • 1 x Winding rod for 5 and 3mm coils
    • 1 x Allen key
    • 2 x Airflow Adapters
    • 1 x Phillips screwdriver
    • 1 x Bag of accessories
    • 1 x User Manual

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-4.jpg

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; Features:
    • Body material: Stainless steel
    • Drip Tip: In 810 Delrin
    • RDA diameter: 24.6mm
    • Deck diameter: 22.2mm
    • Height: 35.55mm (with Drip Tip and Thread 510)
    • Type of Coil: Flush
    • Coil configuration: Double Ø3mm / Single Ø5mm
    • Feeding method: Drip / Squonk
    • E-liquid capacity: 2ml
    • Thread: 510
    • Insulation material: German PEEK

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-5.jpg

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; Colors Available:
    • Black
    • SS
    • Gunmetal
    • Blue
    • Gold
    • Rainbow

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-6.jpg

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; First impressions:
    I have been using the original Wotofo Recurve for quite some time and have always felt that in its class it was one of the best RDAs available on the market. However Mike Vapes and Wotofo were not idle and developed the new V2 project with the intent of improving a product that was already very good.

At a first visual examination it is noted that the accentuated sinuous and sexy shape of the outer jacket has disappeared to give way to a soft connection between the top of the shirt and the Drip Tip, the design appears more classic than the previous "Recurve" even if less quaint and personal. The reason for these changes, according to Mike, is not only "aesthetic" but was aimed at obtaining an optimal volume of the internal chamber and to this contribute three rows of external airflow and two internal dome-shaped adapters with the design of the honeycomb holes. bee to be installed above the deck.

The PEEK flow adapters are positioned in a precise and stable way on the Deck so as to make the construction seem as one, in the image below we can see the internal conformation of the chamber with the swivel top-cap at the top to regulate the flow of the 3 external buttonholes. At the bottom of the deck there are two notches that serve as stops for the rotation of the outer jacket. Above and below the cross screws for tightening the coils, there are two sealing o'ring between deck and jacket. The tightness of e-liquid leakage is guaranteed by these 2 o'ring, however my sample suffers from an excessive ease of removal of the deck compared to the upper part, certainly Wotofo will solve the problem in the marketing phase by inserting thick O'ring greater.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-7.jpg

The tank can be completely dismantled for deep cleaning operations and has a good supply of spare part's, including the two different adapters in white German PEEK. The construction materials are robust and the touch sensations are good.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-8.jpg

On the bottom we find the name of Mike Vapes engraved, the logos and the legal marks, on the 510 thread it is possible to install two gold-plated contact pins, one is specific for Dripping and the other (the perforated one) is for the Squonk.

The new ultra-flat Postless Deck is slightly convex towards the center to maintain a reserve of e-liquid below the resistance. The buttonholes that contain the cotton are well sized to favor the use of rather large coils. The two poles of the positive are insulated in Peek and near the outer circumference there are two round holes to house the feet of the additional air diffusion domes.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-9.jpg

The deck can accommodate either a single coil with a diameter up to 5mm or two 3mm coils. In addition to the various coils, the kit includes everything needed to build; cotton laces, Allen key, screwdriver, and Toolkit (metal pole) to fix and orient the different resistances on the deck.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-10.jpg

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-11.jpg

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; Build:
    To regenerate the V2 it is necessary to cut the coil legs to a size of about 5-6mm, for this reason you need the cutting calibration tool that is not present in the package, so I used one I own. Once the lateral cross screws have been loosened, it is easy to position the resistors with the help of the Tool (metal pole) which has two different diameters of 5mm and 3mm. The ends of the cotton must be cut rather short so that they touch the bottom of the respective containment slots, I also recommend thinning the cotton so that its ability to absorb liquids and to convey them constantly towards the resistance has no obstacles. Now that the build is complete you need to choose the right air diffusion dome. Wotofo recommends using the one with the largest central hole (Ø12mm) for dual coil builds and the one with the smallest central hole (Ø9mm) for the single coil build.

I think that Mike and Wotofo have devoted a lot of energy to the study of the internal volumes of this RDA, I was struck by the different internal conformation of the two domes, the one for dual coil has a wide and deep internal conformation that recalls a "jockey cap" design while the dome for single coil has a narrower internal conformation and more adherent to the heating element.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-12.jpg

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; Adjustable AFC:
    The honeycomb design of the 30 holes on the internal domes is partialized simply by rotating the Top-Cap through three slots on the external jacket. The first slot at the bottom remains fixed, always leaving 5 holes open on each side (total 10 open holes) which hit the coil laterally and at the bottom. While the two upper slots are able to select one hole at a time, as the image below shows us.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-13.jpg

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; Dripper & BF:
    A very important factor when choosing a new RDA is the size; Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA, with an external diameter of 24.6mm, is adaptable without protrusions to the majority of traditional BF Mods and Mods on the market. To remain in the large Wotofo family, I am attaching the images of the good combination with the small M-Dura and with the particular Mod BF Profile for the Squonk ...

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-14.jpg

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-15.jpg

► Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    Apart from a small problem of not very tenacious interlocking between Deck and top, I really believe that Mike and Wotofo with the V2 RDA have achieved the perfect balance between the size of the chamber and the distribution of the air flow through the two additional domes. In particular I liked the Single-coil configuration, the huge Ø5mm diameter Fused Clapton Coil with a resistive value of only 0.6Ø surprised me by how well it is able to feed well with really high powers and without "dry hits" . I started with the lowest power recommended by Wotofo; 65W. With this configuration, the coil is not lightning-fast in activating, but immediately afterwards it releases a large amount of soft and tasty vapor. The puff is concentrated even with all AFCs open, pleasantly free but not too much! Starting to choke the holes in the first row at the top, the concentration of steam and heat increase as Hit production increases, I immediately thought that Mike and Wotofo have succeeded in their feat in a fantastic way. I also used the wider dome for this configuration which is the one for the dual coil build, I got a more open and free but less concentrated Puff, so I think the ideal setting is just the one previously recommended by Mike & Wotofo.

If you are a DL / RDL vape enthusiast who wants to live a rich and tasty experience, the Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA improves the excellent performance already achieved with the original Recurve RDA, so I absolutely recommend it.

Thanks to Wotofo for sending me the sample for the review.
    Wotofo Recurve RDA V2 - Designed For Flavor Chasing

Thanks for reading.

Wotofo-Recurve-V2-RDA-16.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread