hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It’s my pleasure today to be back with my second review for Wotofo. This time out I’ll be taking a look at the Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA. I wish I could compare the original with this one but sadly I cannot. I would say that probably until the last year or so I almost never used rdas. Doing reviews has gotten me familiar with many of the more current ones but I never had a chance to try the original Recurve although I have heard good things about it and every once in a while I see someone trying to find one. The V2 is an interesting design to me. Besides obviously having a curved body and tip, it comes with two airflow adapters depending if you want to run single or dual coil in it. I’m hoping that this actually works since many dual coil tanks don’t do that well with single coils. It’s recommended for either two 3mm coils or a 5/3mm single coil which I assume means you can run anything from a 3 to a 5mm single coil. It has honeycomb airflow on it which I have learned that I like very much on other tanks that I have tried with it. The base of the tank is 24.6mm so it should fit well on most mods.

GZiZs1c.jpg

6jePULk.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Wotofo Recurve V2 RDA

1* 5 mm ID Dual Core Fused Clapton 0.65Ω

1* 5 mm Thick Cotton Strip

2* 3 mm ID Framed Staple Clapton 0.33Ω

2* 3 mm Thick Cotton Strip

2* Airflow Adaptor

1* 5 mm Coiling Rod

1* Cross Head Screwdriver

1* Allen Key

1* Accessory Bag

1* User Manual

sK8Jqrr.jpg

TkW8Jm1.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Diameter 24.6mm

Height 35.55mm (with drip tip & 510 pin)

Material Stainless steel

Drip Tip 810 delrin drip tip

Coil Type Wire coil

Coil Config 3mm ID dual coils, 5mm/3mm ID single coil

Juice Feeding Method Drip/squonk

Insulator Material German PEEK

Threading 510 thread

Color SS, Black, Gunmetal, Gold, Blue, Rainbow

AZtDNPo.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Curve design for the drip top and RDA body

2. Two airflow adapters to adjust airflow and enhance flavor

3. The slot-honeycomb for smoother airflow and better vaporization

4. Restrictive/exploration/full open airflow control mode

5. Supports 3mm ID dual coils and 5mm/3mm ID single coil

6. A true postless deck for easy and fast building process

7. Φ24.6mm, 510 thread, 2ml e-liquid juice well

eBU60sg.jpg

soaULZ7.jpg

gqosYuJ.jpg

SW8KVpB.jpg

TpAQdiJ.jpg

7KjsgPB.jpg

fYNNBFC.jpg

qAdvlZq.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Recurve V2 is the usual black and green packaging that I’ve seen their devices come in before. On the front is the Recurve name along with the text showing that it was a collaboration between Wotofo and Mike Vapes. I’m a little surprised it didn’t say Recurve V2 on the front.

On one side of the outer shell it shows the package contents which is actually quite a bit of stuff. Besides the tank itself, there are two 3mm coils, a 5mm coil, two airflow adapters, two 3mm cotton strips, a 5mm cotton strip, a Phillips head screwdriver for the deck, an allen wrench used to change the center pin from solid to the squonk pin, a coiling rod that is 3mm on one end and 5mm on the other, user manual, and accessory bag.

The back of the shell has a warning stating that it is an electronic cigarette and a couple other warnings along with designed by Wotofo and Mike Vapes again in case you didn’t see it on the front.

upload_2022-3-12_8-1-54.png

upload_2022-3-12_8-2-13.png

upload_2022-3-12_8-2-57.png

The V2 is easy to disassemble for cleaning. As a matter of fact, the first sample that I received was defective and the outer barrel would slide off very easily. I notified Wotofo and they sent me replacement that worked correctly. Despite the outer barrel being very loose, I was able to test the rda after cleaning it. I just couldn’t pick it up by the outer barrel. The rda is made up of five parts. There is the drip tip of course, the top cap that you turn to adjust the airflow, the outer barrel with three horizontal slots on each side, the build deck, and one thing that’s different is the airflow adapter. The one in the picture is the larger one designed to be used with the two 3mm coils that are included. The base of the V2 is just under 25mm so should fit on most mods.

The build deck has four grub screws so you can insert your coil whether it is wound clockwise or counter clockwise. The grub screws are a Phillips head screw which I like much better than the slotted screw heads used on many tanks. On the bottom is the Recurve name etched and also the Mike Vapes name again. I’m beginning to think he might have had something to do with this one.

The V2 has very deep wells for the liquid. It can hold about 2ml of liquid. Also the deck shape is curved inward so if you are dripping the liquid will run down to where it needs to go.

upload_2022-3-12_8-3-47.png

upload_2022-3-12_8-4-6.png

upload_2022-3-12_8-4-22.png

upload_2022-3-12_8-4-40.png

There are two different airflow adapters included. You can see in the picture that the top opening is larger in one than the other. There are three rows of honeycomb airflow holes on each side of each of the adapters. I’ve learned over time that I really like honeycomb airflow on rdas. On the bottom side of each airflow adapter are two pins that align with the holes in the build deck that hold the adapter securely in place. The airflow adapters restrict the chamber size in order to provide better flavor. I’d say they are doing a pretty good job at it. Oh, and look there’s that Mike Vapes name on the top of both airflow adapters. I hope you know I’m just joking around. I like Mike Vapes reviews but was just joking around about how many times his name is on this rda.

upload_2022-3-12_8-5-27.png

gbIzqBo.jpg

I tried the 5mm coil first with the adapter with the smaller opening on top. I was pleasantly surprised with the great flavor I was getting from it using a liquid that I am very familiar with and use for a lot of my reviews. After running the 5mm coil for a week or so, I installed the included 3mm coils and used the adapter with the larger opening. Once again the flavor produced was great. About the only thing I noticed different between the two setups was that the vapor seemed more dense with the dual coils but as far as flavor quality I would say it was very close.

Once the coil and wick are installed, you put the adapter on the deck with the pins aligning with the holes in the deck. Then put on the outer barrel and top cap. When you put the outer barrel on then turn it until it locks into place. The airflow adjustment is done with the top cap and you can expose as many or few holes from the adapter as you want. I found that I liked it mostly with one row of holes open. If you like big air then you can really open this one up if you want to.

CqlN9x8.jpg

8TvDHXN.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I very much enjoyed testing the Wotofo x Mike Vapes Recurve V2 RDA. I really don’t have anything negative to point out on this one. I plan on keeping it in rotation for some time to come. Whether you prefer single or dual coils in your rda, this one does both exceptionally well in my opinion. Such a great flavor producing rda. One thing I have not tried yet is using a single 3mm coil. I will have to give that a shot sometime.

I don’t know if anyone has done anything quite like the airflow adapters used in this rda but think it is really an ingenious design and functions well. With the pins that go into the base you can easily take the outer barrel off without bothering the airflow adapter. Of course the first one I received was very loose but was corrected with the replacements. I asked Mike Vapes about my issue and he said his samples were fine. I’m sure it was just a fluke. It had better be because I’ve already ordered two more. Wotofo was nice enough to send two replacement tanks and both work perfectly like they should and the outer barrels are tight like they should be.

I’m not a big dripper person so immediately put the squonk pin in my sample and ran it on my current favorite squonk mod. I knew when I saw the honeycomb airflow on this rda that I was probably going to like it since I had good results with others with that type of airflow.

So, would I recommend the Wotofo x Mike Vapes Recurve V2 RDA for you? Well, if you like to use rdas whether it be to squonk or drip and like very good flavor with plenty of vapor production and fully adjustable airflow then absolutely YES!

I’d Like to thank Wotofo and Cara for sending the Recurve V2 RDA for this review. Thanks also to the readers that have successfully made it to the end of another one of my reviews. Below is a link to the website if you would like to check it out for yourself.

Wotofo Recurve RDA V2 - Designed For Flavor Chasing

upload_2022-3-12_8-12-9.png

upload_2022-3-12_8-12-25.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review buddy.

Yeh i also enjoyed using mine,only tried the 5mm coil thou,have been way too lazy to give the dual 3mm coil a try,maybe this weekend i will give it a go.

cheers

To me the vapor was more dense but the flavor was about the same which was very good.

• Informative
    Reactions: Javichu

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, but age and dexterity limits me to drop in coils.

I understand. I really only started using rdas regularly in the last year or so. I had always just used rtas. Newer ones like this have actually gotten me started squonking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread