Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Found a new single coil RTA (I've been going back to single coil builds for most of my devices lately). A collaboration between Wotofo and suck my mods. Looks like a nice design....airflow is designed to hit both sides of the coil (Hadaly does this, and that is my hands down favorite rda flavor wise). 4mm tank, not too small, not huge. I believe it's a 24mm base. Simple lines (can't stand overly decorative tanks, I prefer simple elegance [emoji4]). A nice feature, it has 4 wire traps, so you can wrap your coil in the direction you prefer....annoying when I have to build in reverse [emoji38]
I'll have one in my hands to try out soonish and I'll post my thoughts, but I have a feeling it's going to be a flavor chaser beast.

They can be found here: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/WOTOFO-Serpent-SMM-RTA.html

Here's a video from SMM about it:

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bought one of those among 8 or 10 RTAs I've purchased lately in search of a Kayfun replacement. It was easy to coil and provided good vapor and flavor, but as I remember it was a good bit looser on the draw than my KF LPV2. I really like the tank, though. The first one came in with two bent coil mounting towers. The dealer sent me a warranty replacement and told me to keep the other one for parts.

If you haven't already, order a Wiha 1.3mm hex driver to use with the Serpent. It fits the grub screws tightly with no chance of a slip that strips the screws, unlike the cheap allens that come with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-26313-1...TF8&qid=1499263130&sr=8-1&keywords=wiha+1,3mm

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
Just ordered one of these. Anyone using round wire builds?

I started with a Clapton build and it was great, but the juice consumption was fast. Went to a 24ga kanthal build at .55ohms at 35 watts. Yep, the juice is still going fast. I know there's probably a few mls in the base, but OCD says when there ain't no juice in the glass...REFILL!!!!!!!!

Performance, flavor, and ease of build are great!!! If it held a few more mls of juice, I'd buy 10 of 'em. Still will end up with at least 3.:)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I started with a Clapton build and it was great, but the juice consumption was fast. Went to a 24ga kanthal build at .55ohms at 35 watts. Yep, the juice is still going fast. I know there's probably a few mls in the base, but OCD says when there ain't no juice in the glass...REFILL!!!!!!!!

Performance, flavor, and ease of build are great!!! If it held a few more mls of juice, I'd buy 10 of 'em. Still will end up with at least 3.:)
There is about 1.5 ml of juice in the bottom [emoji14]

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
The wotofo RTA's seem to have a drinking problem...
that just means they wick fast enough for some monster coils. You don't have to use a monster coil..... you could build something a bit more reserved [emoji6]

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My Serpent SMM arrived today. What a nice tank. Easy to build, no problem with fancy wicking, and great flavor with a nice smooth, warm, moist vape. This really is up there with my dual coil Engines, which were my favorite tanks, and with only a single coil. I'm using s 3mm 316L fused Clapton ~0.45 ohm, 30W 440F and I'm pleased as punch. No comment on juice consumption, but I'm not really using it like a mtl tank. I'll see how that consumption holds up over time.

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
I hear people say that this or that tank really drinks the juice. Doesn't juice consumption relate directly to vapor production? If it uses a lot of juice it should produce a lot of vapor. If you want to use less juice then build accordingly. Or am I wrong?

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I hear people say that this or that tank really drinks the juice. Doesn't juice consumption relate directly to vapor production? If it uses a lot of juice it should produce a lot of vapor. If you want to use less juice then build accordingly. Or am I wrong?
Yup. Not sure why people say "this RTA is such a juice hog" when the RTA isn't responsible. Your build is. No tank just hides your juice away in its back pocket or something. Never understood that misconception. More vapor production = more juice vaporized, period. This isn't aimed at anyone in here, either. Just venting. Lol

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yes, it is directly related to the amount you vape and the volume of vapor you draw. Some tanks perform better with some types of builds than with others. Those with more restricted airflow (less vapor) and smaller chambers that work well with simple round coils are geared to less vapor production per draw. Others perform better with more metal mass, have larger chambers and greater airflow, which will result in more vapor production and go through juice faster.

If you take such a tank and try to put a "juice friendly" build in it, you may be quite dissatisfied with the result. The same if you stuff a huge coil in a little low airflow tank. So the RTA might not literally be a "juice hog", the builds it is designed for will change your juice consumption significantly. Which is why some tanks "sip" and others "binge drink".

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Yes, it is directly related to the amount you vape and the volume of vapor you draw. Some tanks perform better with some types of builds than with others. Those with more restricted airflow (less vapor) and smaller chambers that work well with simple round coils are geared to less vapor production per draw. Others perform better with more metal mass, have larger chambers and greater airflow, which will result in more vapor production and go through juice faster.

If you take such a tank and try to put a "juice friendly" build in it, you may be quite dissatisfied with the result. The same if you stuff a huge coil in a little low airflow tank. So the RTA might not literally be a "juice hog", the builds it is designed for will change your juice consumption significantly. Which is why some tanks "sip" and others "binge drink".
I do know what you mean, and I'd never put you down, just so you know. I know that you know your stuff too.

My comment was more so aimed at the people I see blaming their tank for drinking SO much juice, and they don't blame (or don't mention) their massive 22g triple core fused alien vagrant elephant builds, running at 200w.

Just about every tank I own, I throw in a 26g dual coil 3mm 316L round wire build in, and get a nice hot vape with plenty of vapor. And where as it's not "juice friendly" per se, it doesn't absolutely guzzle juice like stapled juggernaut coils would either.

Not that there's a right/wrong way to vape. I just think it's comical when people really do insinuate that their tank is robbing them of juice, and don't use their common sense. And I don't see it too often here. It's usually on Reddit, and usually new vapers.

Reactions: Eskie

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    how does this perform with simple round wire builds (my go-to build is 6-7 wraps 26ga Nichrome).
    really not a fan of claptons.
    I tried Kanthol 7wraps 26ga, 3mm 1 ohm....
    Not bad, I like it, may not be for everyone.
    Will probably try 24ga next, trapping 26ga was a little tricky.
    Try it....

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Will probably try 24ga next, trapping 26ga was a little tricky.
    Hmm.. I use 28 gauge wire (single strand) and build to around 1.8 ohms resistance. It's pretty tough at times to mount that on my Serpent mini, with that small a wire, I hope the Serpent SMM will be a bit easier. It's mainly the different style deck, with vertical phillips head screws, that have drawn me to this RTA. I ordered one from Fasttech, it was in NY yesterday, so it might be here before the end of next week..

Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread