Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Saw that there’s going to be another Tony B squonker, this time with Wotofo, called the Dyadic. Dual 18650 battery, wattage only (max 200). The bottle is decently sized (8.5 ml) and has the ability to be side filled via a port at the top of the bottle. Not sure how well that’s going to work since I can’t see an easy escape path for air, but there may be a path that I can't see based on the illustration of the feature.

The board seems to be very basic (wattage only with 3 pre-heat options). Not high on my want list, but I do like the overall design and shape. Only price I've seen is $74.99 if purchased directly from Wotofo.

Some pics below from the wotofo website.
Dyadic Squonk Mod

dy1.png
dy2.png
d3.png
dy4.png

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
At least it has an 8.4 v cut off. Unlike some dual 18's that go down as low as 7?

Anyone know how soon it will be released ? Just wondering how far off those pics will be from actual device. I have so many dang squonk mods now I don't even know which one to use any more for the day.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
At least it has an 8.4 v cut off. Unlike some dual 18's that go down as low as 7?

Anyone know how soon it will be released ? Just wondering how far off those pics will be from actual device. I have so many dang squonk mods now I don't even know which one to use any more for the day.

Should be available fairly soon -- Wofoto is saying on their website if you pre-order, it will ship on Aug 5.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Yea I’m more interested in a single cell squonker as long as that single cell is a 21700. A single cell 18650 seems silly to me when you can add a little to the size and get a nice increase in battery life. Dual cell mods are just bigger than I want to deal with and I also have plenty. As interesting as this mod looks and I love squonkers it’s just not something I’d spend my money on.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

I think you made a mistake. It has a 6.6 volt cutoff. If it was an 8.4 volt cutoff it would never go on. Look at the second picture in the OP.

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
8.4V max? No way. That's just propaganda.
The mod doesn't have a boost circuit, so it's never ever going to put out that voltage.
With battery sag calculated in, you might get about 7.6V max. Now calculate the efficiency of the board in, and you get at best 7V max output like any other mod without boost circuit. But that voltage will decrease even more with every puff you take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread