Would a change dot org petition help us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm getting nervous, I was anticipating a fine cigar tonight.

e-cigarettes.jpg
Gets to sharing!

Reactions: caramel

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Here is some Info on the OMB.

6. How long can OIRA take to review a draft regulation?

Answer: The period for OIRA review is limited by the Executive Order to 90 days. There is no minimum period for review. Under the Executive Order, the review period may be extended by the head of the rulemaking agency, and the OMB Director may extend the review period on a one-time basis for no more than 30 days. The average review time for the 712 rules submitted to OMB during 2003 was 53 days.

Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) Q&A’s | The White House

Rules & Regulations

B Godshall seems to think it will take a couple months(probably based on the average) for the OMB review. I wouldn't think there would be any major issues though, unless the final rules look drastically different from the proposed.

Reactions: KattMamma

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
B Godshall seems to think it will take a couple months(probably based on the average) for the OMB review. I wouldn't think there would be any major issues though, unless the final rules look drastically different from the proposed.

Bill G would know much More about this than I would. But that does sound right if there is a 90 Day Limit for Review.

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Bill G would know much More about this than I would. But that does sound right if there is a 90 Day Limit for Review.
oh, I'm not doubting him at all. Just saying I don't think there will be any major issues with the OMB. Anything in government takes time.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
oh, I'm not doubting him at all. Just saying I don't think there will be any major issues with the OMB. Anything in government takes time.

I Hope there will be Major Issues.

Because I think what FDA Submits is going to be a Major Eye Opener for Many Vapers.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I Hope there will be Major Issues.

Because I think what FDA Submits is going to be a Major Eye Opener for Many Vapers.
I know you and I have discussed this before. I'm still of the opinion that they won't seem as harsh as most of us expect them to be. They still won't be good, but I think they will leave themselves a lot of wiggle room, that can be tightened up later with "guidance" documents.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know you and I have discussed this before. I'm still of the opinion that they won't seem as harsh as most of us expect them to be. They still won't be good, but I think they will leave themselves a lot of wiggle room, that can be tightened up later with "guidance" documents.

I guess the Only good thing is that we Shouldn't have long to wait.

It seems Surreal. After 5 Years of Waiting, Now we are at the Point of the Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread