Would I be wasting my money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Some rum and whiskey blended flavors aren't too bad but no way I'd go with just those flavors for sure. Stay away from the beer flavor and bacon as well, unless you like warm stale beer from the night before and prefer licking the pan after frying bacon.

Try things you like such as candy, fruit, bakery stuff. Some tobacco flavors are good as well, I like some RY4 stuff, tastes sweet kind of like how a pack of unlit smokes smell. Now not all are created equal, some are just horrible.

If you have a place to go try stuff out, that's your best bet.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Alchohol flavour juices eg: whiskey, rum etc. I know what the real drinks taste like so a very poor juice would go straight in the bin.
Family are really trying to help me make the switch. They have offered to buy different flavour juices for me to try.
Welcome V O Git,

LiQuid E Liquid - £1 Incredibly Awesome UK Made Cheap 10ml E-LiQuid
£1 per 10ml.
Some flavours are very good, some are commensurate with price.
Search for reviews of the flavours you consider, before buying.
Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most flavors don't taste exactly like their real life counterparts, alcohols included. I'm a bit confused if you are looking for "better" flavors than the alcohols, in which case consider buying different manufacturer's flavors in small taster sizes across various juice profiles. You will get a chance to try more flavors with less expense.

It's often a trial and error thing until you find things you like, unfortunately but you CAN learn to enjoy the hunt, and if it's that alcohol flavors do not taste like alcohol, well some of them do, quite a bit ,although I DIY now so anything I suggested might be moot, but I do enjoy some alcohol blends

Good luck
Anna

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Don't limit yourself. Many new vapors are surprised that 1: they don't like tobacco flavors much because they are seeking a cigarette and it's just not quite the same or 2: flavors they don't generally like may taste good as vape, or the reverse, flavors they normally enjoy aren't as good as they thought they'd be.
I never thought I'd like Lime Cheesecake until I had a lot of leftover lime flavoring and made some. Like it a lot :)
I go for dessert flavors mostly, custards, creams, lattes, whips.... But I like to keep a couple simple fruity flavors around to break the monotony.
Anywhere they will let you try before you buy is great, but don't buy a 1000 mls of one flavor, just get a little and make sure you like it over a few days before you commit.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Have already found one flavour I do like .
0% Nic 60/40 Menthol.
Okay... I'm confused.:confused:

If, you are already able to vape "0% Nic," What is the problem/question?

If menthol is working for you (keeping you off real tobacco); what is your worry/wonder? Stick with menthol.

Quitting stinkers... and finding an enjoyable vape... are two entirely different things. Being content with a 0% Nic e-liquid suggests little, to no, nicotine dependency.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Okay... I'm confused.:confused:

If, you are already able to vape "0% Nic," What is the problem/question?

If menthol is working for you (keeping you off real tobacco); what is your worry/wonder? Stick with menthol.

Quitting stinkers... and finding an enjoyable vape... are two entirely different things. Being content with a 0% Nic e-liquid suggests little, to no, nicotine dependency.
I'm going to make a bold statement of sorts here, damn the torpedoes, no applause necessary :lol::lol::lol:
No one is physically addicted to nicotine after a short number of days without it. It leaves your system with little detox symptoms. Think about opiate withdrawal for a second before you argue, surely most would agree with that.
Tobacco addiction is more an addiction to the habit than an addiction to nicotine. For some it's like an oral fixation (be adult lol) or a hand to mouth addiction. Myself, the whole act was meditative, I love smoke and vaping gave me a better way to connect with whatever instinctual shamanistic (psychedelic?). I don't vape for nicotine but feel my liquid "is better" with low amounts. Vaping replaced what I really enjoyed about smoking, and many people who use things like a patch or gum get plenty of nicotine but are not satisfied because it's not just the nic they want...
Addicted to Nic, or just the Habit?
Almost forgot my point with that longwinded scrawl: different flavors sometimes make a big difference for many people, keeps them interested, you can get burnt out on one flavor, and plus there's just so many yummy ones out there :) Explore!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I'm going to make a bold statement of sorts here, damn the torpedoes, no applause necessary :lol::lol::lol:
No one is physically addicted to nicotine after a short number of days without it. It leaves your system with little detox symptoms. Think about opiate withdrawal for a second before you argue, surely most would agree with that.
Tobacco addiction is more an addiction to the habit than an addiction to nicotine. For some it's like an oral fixation (be adult lol) or a hand to mouth addiction. Myself, the whole act was meditative, I love smoke and vaping gave me a better way to connect with whatever instinctual shamanistic (psychedelic?). I don't vape for nicotine but feel my liquid "is better" with low amounts. Vaping replaced what I really enjoyed about smoking, and many people who use things like a patch or gum get plenty of nicotine but are not satisfied because it's not just the nic they want...
Addicted to Nic, or just the Habit?
Almost forgot my point with that longwinded scrawl: different flavors sometimes make a big difference for many people, keeps them interested, you can get burnt out on one flavor, and plus there's just so many yummy ones out there :) Explore!
The biggest problem isn't quitting the nicotine, I can agree with that. Though some people may be more dependant on nicotine than others though, and more or less need it to be able to function at their best due to stress or other reasons and it is harder to walk away from, for them. The habit is in fact another part that is hard to break, and the primary reason vaping got me to walk away from tobacco. But there are also other chemicals in a cigarette that has very addictive properties as well, which is why people still feel withdraws even though they made the switch to another nicotine source such as vaping, patches, or gum.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One of my all time fav flavors is Castle Long. A Kentucky Bourbon flavor with hints of brown sugar, vanilla bean, almond nut, and coconut shavings. Most folks either love it....or hate it.

Also liked a whiskey custard a while back. The name was something like Custard's Last Stand, but that's not it. I recently looked online to order some more and apparantly the manufacturer went out of business.
Alchohol flavour juices eg: whiskey, rum etc. I know what the real drinks taste like so a very poor juice would go straight in the bin.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have detoxed off many things in my life.

Cigarettes were the hardest. It's possible "nic is easier" but I'm not really sure I want to find out, as it has been my experience that being without it is not really the idea recipe for ME as far as remaining tobacco free.

I guess I will also note everyone's brain is different but tobacco is often listed at or near the top of substances it is hard to remain free of on a long term basis in many studies on addiction I have read. I think there are many smokers who might agree.

But me? I'm not going to nic free vaping any time soon I don't believe.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread