Would love all my fellow vapors input please....I don't have anyone to ask in person

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojobella69

Jan 12, 2018
So...since I don't know anyone except the people who work at the vape stores..and let's face it..they are often out for the sale, I have to turn to you guys for answers lol so sorry if this sounds like a silly question. I guess its more conversational...

I moved on to a Smok Stick x8 for all day vaping when I'm off and don't want to use my nic salts in my Endura t18(I use that for my "cigarette needs"). I love the hit and taste I get with my smok stick however....it runs out of juice in one hour!!! what the heck?! I literally have to keep refilling it....What do I do? If you are going to suggest something else, I would like it to have the same flavor and hit...I like it be powerful like the x8...Thank you everyone...am I making sense, by the way? or are all powerful vaping devices like this? My endura t18 with nic salts DOES NOT do this. Of course, I am not good with understanding the mechanics behind all of this...I just know what I want and like lol...thank you everyone!!

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
What you are looking for in the device is going to make a lot of difference. You can get flavor with high ohm devices. The amount of vapor produced will have to be less if you want the juice to last longer in whatever tank you use. If you are looking for clouds then you are just going to have to accept that clouds use a lot of juice.

Are you just looking for flavor or is a large volume of vapor important to you? Is that what you mean by the hit?

Just the nature of the beast, higher power more juice run throught

jojobella69

Jan 12, 2018
What you are looking for in the device is going to make a lot of difference. You can get flavor with high ohm devices. The amount of vapor produced will have to be less if you want the juice to last longer in whatever tank you use. If you are looking for clouds then you are just going to have to accept that clouds use a lot of juice.

Are you just looking for flavor or is a large volume of vapor important to you? Is that what you mean by the hit?

Just the nature of the beast, higher power more juice run throught
definitely looking for flavor....being a former smoker...I started on the BO pod system , then the aspire and then found my go to with the Endura T18 since it gave me the most satisfaction with nic salts, however needed something to vape all day since I cant sit and vape nic salts all day and have begun to love love vaping ( and no longer smoke cigs at all). Thats what bought me to current device ...this smok stick. I love the flavor it gives....I am currently using Churrios at a 6mg nic level...I dont really need a ton of clouds..just flavor..not air....thanks for the help!!!!

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So...since I don't know anyone except the people who work at the vape stores..and let's face it..they are often out for the sale, I have to turn to you guys for answers lol so sorry if this sounds like a silly question. I guess its more conversational...

I moved on to a Smok Stick x8 for all day vaping when I'm off and don't want to use my nic salts in my Endura t18(I use that for my "cigarette needs"). I love the hit and taste I get with my smok stick however....it runs out of juice in one hour!!! what the heck?! I literally have to keep refilling it....What do I do? If you are going to suggest something else, I would like it to have the same flavor and hit...I like it be powerful like the x8...Thank you everyone...am I making sense, by the way? or are all powerful vaping devices like this? My endura t18 with nic salts DOES NOT do this. Of course, I am not good with understanding the mechanics behind all of this...I just know what I want and like lol...thank you everyone!!

Hi,
If you are vaping too often, increase your nicotine level so you can take fewer pulls to get fixed.
Liquid usage:
Pruis=Endura
V8 Tahoe= Smok

Cheers
I

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
definitely looking for flavor....being a former smoker...I started on the BO pod system , then the aspire and then found my go to with the Endura T18 since it gave me the most satisfaction with nic salts, however needed something to vape all day since I cant sit and vape nic salts all day and have begun to love love vaping ( and no longer smoke cigs at all). Thats what bought me to current device ...this smok stick. I love the flavor it gives....I am currently using Churrios at a 6mg nic level...I dont really need a ton of clouds..just flavor..not air....thanks for the help!!!!

Did the T18 give you acceptable flavor?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most folks like the crown tanks and they offer a lot of different resistance coils. Generally the lower the resistance of the coil the more juice that is consumed, mainly because it has higher wattage "needs" than higher resistance coils that run at lower wattage.

But, you have purchased two "fixed" devices, meaning they output a steady fixed wattage, it's just that the smok stick is much higher wattage and designed for clouds. You could try increasing nicotine in the smokstick to see if you puffed on it less often just be wary of possibly overdoing the nicotine. What level of nic are you using now?

Secondly, the crown may not "shine" on top of the smok stick as it is fixed wattage, and the heat of the vape will play a major role in flavor. I'd suggest a dual or single battery box mod where you can try different tanks coils and etc. at different wattages and see what you like best.

A certain amount of experimenting is needed to find that "perfect" vape and it sounds like you are running up against that issue, but continue asking questions and trying things, that will help you get where you need to go.

Best of luck an welcome to ECF.

Anna

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
Most folks like the crown tanks and they offer a lot of different resistance coils. Generally the lower the resistance of the coil the more juice that is consumed, mainly because it has higher wattage "needs" than higher resistance coils that run at lower wattage.

But, you have purchased two "fixed" devices, meaning they output a steady fixed wattage, it's just that the smok stick is much higher wattage and designed for clouds. You could try increasing nicotine in the smokstick to see if you puffed on it less often just be wary of possibly overdoing the nicotine. What level of nic are you using now?

Secondly, the crown may not "shine" on top of the smok stick as it is fixed wattage, and the heat of the vape will play a major role in flavor. I'd suggest a dual or single battery box mod where you can try different tanks coils and etc. at different wattages and see what you like best.

A certain amount of experimenting is needed to find that "perfect" vape and it sounds like you are running up against that issue, but continue asking questions and trying things, that will help you get where you need to go.

Best of luck an welcome to ECF.

Anna
I've run a TFV12 on the Smok stick and my hand didn't get blown off. I've also ran a RDA on it although I do have a dual battery mod too. When smok sticks are fully charged first few puff are pretty aggressive

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
its good for my nic salts in the sense of the tight "drag" like a cigarette but not for an all day vaping device...when i dont need the cigarette hit...just the flavor and vapor experience...does this make sense???

Yeah. It sounds like a lower powered device with more of a nicotine hit is satisfying your craving for the drug, but a higher powered device is what is satisfying your craving for hound-to-mouth physical activity and inhalation.

• Agree

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I love the hit and taste I get with my smok stick

Since you are liking the vape with the Stick X8, you might consider getting a bubble glass for it. On a quick search, I couldn't find a clear glass one available, but did find:

Blitz Resin Tank 7.5ml Kit for TFV8 X-Baby

Should give you almost double volume and last a couple hours.

Having said that, I'm wondering how long the battery lasts. If not much longer then a couple/few hours, there are many other options available to you.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
ok...thank you so much everyone for your advice....however I think RDA or RTA is way to complicated for me at this stage of the game...the idea tho of adjusting the wattage therefore consuming less juice maybe key...any suggestions on devices...the choices are overwhelming...i am a beginner...
And RDA may seem pretty complicated, but it really is not. In fact I have never vaped on anything else because it is the only way to get the best flavor for me, and I can't enjoy flavor if the other characteristics of the vapor (the amount, the density, warmth, and 'wetness') are lacking, so, for me, personally, it's either vaping on advanced coil builds in an RDA or going back to smoking normal cigarettes.

tym64

Jul 30, 2017
When you smoke a cig, do you put the smoke in your mouth, then inhale to your lungs, or do you take the smoke strait to your lungs??

If you take the smoke into your mouth, then inhale, and your just starting, 6 is WAY to low. If your pulling the smoke direct to lung, then 6 should be a really good start.

Second question, are you replacing smoking with vaping, or trying to vape to quit smoking??

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread