Would mixing the old version of Geoffs blend with the new cause a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proggieus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
minneapolis
I just received 5+ oz of the original Geoffs Blend and i plan to order some of the new stuff on friday to take advantage of the weekly special.

I was thinking that i could mix them all into one big hybrid batch to get some of the benefits of the longer cart life and just to make my life easier.

I wouldnt think it would cause a problem.

I was thinking 40% original with 60% new,

PS. do you have any bottles that will hold 16 Oz? :blink:

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I just received 5+ oz of the original Geoffs Blend and i plan to order some of the new stuff on friday to take advantage of the weekly special.

I was thinking that i could mix them all into one big hybrid batch to get some of the benefits of the longer cart life and just to make my life easier.

You have 5 oz and you are going to buy more? Geez, what do you do, drink the stuff? lol (just kidding)

Maybe you can do a small test batch and let everyone know your results.

RG

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Radicaljd answered it the same way i would. Do a small batch and don't be too surprised if you don't get great results. If our research was right, the old stuff has shlunkies in it already, and I don't think mixing it will increase carto life. And, sorry we couldn't announce this all sooner, but we simply had to find out if we could do it successfully before we said anything.
TVChris

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

I will say that you MIGHT be able to squeeze a little more life out of your cartomizers, but I cannot guarantee this. The reason why the cartomizers were burning so quickly was we found that some flavorings that are used contained guar gum. This is perfectly fine for food applications, but the applications we use them for, the guar gum collects on the wicks, coils, heating elements, etc. and burns.

A reduced amount of guar gum MAY extend the life, but the fact that there IS an amount of guar gum in there, it will still burn. I just can't accurately determine at which point that will happen for you.

But once we get the new flavorings, the capacity to order the "old" Geoff's Blend will vanish. We can't capacitate a recipes that we now know is problematic. You pay good money for electronics as much as you pay good money for liquids. We can't have one killing the other. These things have to work well together.

So, yeah, that was a bit winded, but I thought I'd give you a broader picture than just answer yes or no.

As for bottles, we have some larger bottles, but we don't sell them, we have a limited quantity that we use for wholesale orders. But we do sell the 4 oz bottles on the Misc. portion of the site.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
Radicaljd answered it the same way i would. Do a small batch and don't be too surprised if you don't get great results. If our research was right, the old stuff has shlunkies in it already, and I don't think mixing it will increase carto life. And, sorry we couldn't announce this all sooner, but we simply had to find out if we could do it successfully before we said anything.
TVChris

'shlunkies'?

This deserves an official definition, though I get it from context. Rofl!

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
We had a couple of the flavorings that we used that contained a thickening agent. Generally it was not problematic, but when combined with other ingredients it sometimes became an issue. Any of the liquids that contained these flavorings are now free of the thickening agent. Due to trade secrets I can not say which flavorings, as that might divulge our recipes. Let me know what flavors you are talking about and I'll see if I can let you know if they are effected by the changes.
Thanks, TVChris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread