• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Would you as a Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandeeashlynn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
Would you as a Christian still vape if there was a ban on ecigs? The Bible says we are supposed to obey lawmakers but I cannot seem to shake the idea that God would want me to stop vaping and go back to smoking. I would like to know what my fellow brothers and sisters think. I would think that also importing them would be a big deal for personal use.

Would you as a Christian still vape if there was a ban on ecigs? The Bible says we are supposed to obey lawmakers but I cannot seem to shake the idea that God would want me to stop vaping and go back to smoking. I would like to know what my fellow brothers and sisters think. I would think that also importing them would be a big deal for personal use.

You brought up a good point.

Hmmmmm.

Me personally, if they are "banned" it does not mean that they are "outlawed". Just banned from being sold. If you have e-cigs and juice in stock and if it does get banned, it does not mean that it's against the law to vape, just to buy/sell them.

Now once, your stock dries up, it's not against the law or banned to buy and make your own juice right? You can get your own PG or VG, your own menthol crystals etc and make your own juice for personal use, not for sale. BTW, the free distribution of goods is also considered a "sale".

If the Feds bann everything all together meaning the sale, purchase, manufacturing and use of e-cigs and related products, then I would have to say that I have to be obidient to what the word says and give it up all together.

However, for as long as the "USE" of e-cigs and related products is not against the law, you are pretty much good to go.

But always remember, God offers us Grace and Mercy.

On another note, keep reading through the new testiment and find stories on how some of Jesus followers broke the law of that day in order to do God's work. Even Jesus did works on the day of sabbath which at that time was against Jewish Law.

I believe that it all boils down to the better good for as long as you do not do anything illegal to get your hands on juice and other e-cig related products.

Max

Tin Cup

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
NE Ohio
It would depend on why they're banned. If the government is just trying to protect their huge tax windfall on tobacco, then I will keep vaping.

If there was a legitimate reason for the ban, then I would probably go back to analogs.

The Bible tells us that we should obey our governments, and we should. But when governments tell us to do wrong, then it's also our duty as Americans to protest those things. What if the government told us to abort any fetus that was "handicapped" (Down's syndrom, or whatever). Do we obey them? Of course not.

Smoking is bad on several levels, vaping isn't. So why should they ban them?

brandeeashlynn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
I believe ecig are personal vaporizors and there is no laws against using them so i think it would be legal to import them that way and they should have been marketed that way from the get go. I like all the imput though it gives us something to ponder. I have prayed that they will not be banne and I have fiath that they wont. Call me crazy I guess.....:D

pattyjo

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
new hampshire
I agree with TinCup but a Christian must follow his or her own concience, Jesus said if you think something is a sin then it is a sin In other words if you feel guilty then dont do it Personally I will vape until ai cant get anything a nywhere I would not brake the law to procure something that is illegal, I think vaping would be a whole lot easier to give up than analogs. I am preparing myself to quit Quite frankly the frustration with these devices is almost enough I wouod not go back to analogs I cant stand the smell now.

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
In my short answer to "would I still vape"??? ....Yes, I would. Unless they have a specific reason such danger to your health (worse than analogs).
It's a real tough issue though, I think we all (consciously) do things that the Lord does not approve. (Sometimes I still download music or a movie...working on that though)However, I can not go back to analogs. I'm actually still smoking about 4 per day.
I honestly think (and the Word DOES say different) that the good Lord would not disapprove of me for this.

On that same note (and please don't send me to the "Time for a Revolution" thread):
I have an anger problem paying taxes to our governments (State and Fed) that are so corrupt. If I had the opportunity NOT to pay taxes...would I not pay them??? I don't know.

I also realize that it is not for us to judge this...I they are corrupt...the Lord will deal with that.

God has given us all something that many Christians seldomly use. And that is...Wisdom.
Like pattyjo said on her post that Jesus said if you think it is a sin, then it is.
If the ban were ever to come down, Like I mentioned before, there is a difference between banned and against the law. We will have to wait and see what happens and use our wisdon=m from that point on.
I also like the comment by tincup with respect to abortions. If the government made it legal in all states, it would still be a sin. This is a perfect example as to where one's wisdom kicks into overdrive to make decesions. Of course, prayer is part of the equation here so that one can get revelation as to which way to go.
It also boils down to is the fact whether or not "vaping" is according the word. We all know the scripture with regards to your body being a temple and all. The argument can branch out to other things like coffee, being overweight etc. I believe that in all aspects with regards to one's temple, we should try our best to keep it in order whether it be not over eating, drinking de-caf coffee and vaping.
I for one, if it is outlawed/ banned to sell, purchase and USE, then I will have to be obidient to the word and stop vaping all together. If there is no ban BUT if it is proven to cause us long term effects that may be harmful, then I'll stop vaping as well.
My 2 cents is that if the Government passes a law my wisdom will determine if it is according to the word or not. If it is not in conflict with the word, then I must follow and obey. However if it is in direct conflict and not according to the word (like for example the abortion comment) then, my wisdom tells me that man's law can not supercede God's law.
Wisdom is so important in matters such as this. I try to read proverbs as much as I can in order to strengthen my wisdom. I also pray for it as well.

Not to point anyone out but a comment was mentioned about downloading music. How many christians out there download music illegally, purchase bootleg videos and/or make copies of DVD videos? Anyway you see it, it is stealing and stealing is a sin.

A fellow church member of my church told me yesterday that he is getting a copy of a software program for us to use in church services. The software would allow us to shoot up onto a screen the words to music and scripture. I said "That's great" how much will it cost. His answer was that someone he knows from another church is going to bless us with a copy. Then I said to him "Bless Us"? How about blessing the christian computer programmer that created the program? The only way to bless him is to purchase the software so that he can get paid and bless his family, church and others with his earnings. My buddy stood quiet. He did not know what to say so I guess I made my point.

Sometimes the enemy will cause us to do things that at first does not appear to be sinful in nature, but if you stop for a moment to use your wisdom to really think about it, you just may lift the veil that has your eyes covered and realize that underneath it all, what you were about to do was infact a sin.

Nobody's perfect, we are all sinners, but alot of that sin can be avoided.

I personally have come to realize that my vaping habit has turned into an addiction worst than the analogs and at times, deprive myself of certain things just to have money available to support it. Deep down in my heart, I know that if I have gotten to this point, it is time to stop. for me, it is now a sin.

So in the next few months, I will start to back off on the nicotine and in Jesus name be off the vaping addiction as well.

Thank you Jesus for Mercy and Grace.

Last edited:

Tin Cup

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
NE Ohio
I am palnning on ordering form china. I know some of the suppliers over there label them as toys. But i want to be more accurate on my package any suggestions?

Tough question. You don't want to support someone who isn't being entirely truthful, but you also want to be a good steward with your money.

I can't give a good answer, so how about if I do this...

Father God, we want to glorify you in all of the things we do, but sometimes it's difficult for us to know what that is.

I pray that you give brandeeashlynn the wisdom to make the right choice in this matter.

I thank you in Jesus name,

Amen

Quote: Smoking is bad on several levels, vaping isn't. So why should they ban them?

Quote: Tin Cup - It would depend on why they're banned. If the government is just trying to protect their huge tax windfall on tobacco, then I will keep vaping.

If there was a legitimate reason for the ban, then I would probably go back to analogs.

The Bible tells us that we should obey our governments, and we should. But when governments tell us to do wrong, then it's also our duty as Americans to protest those things. What if the government told us to abort any fetus that was "handicapped" (Down's syndrom, or whatever). Do we obey them? Of course not.

====================================================================

Quite frankly, I must say that I absolutely agree with you 100% on that. As people of a free nation of the world, if a ban takes place on a large scale for reasons that are quite frankly rediculeous (when they won't scrutinize analogs in the same manner), it's our job as a people to make it loud and clear to them to quit being so political when it comes to them making money off of a habit. Communication with our state congressmen and reps is always an option if we want to be heard. If we truly don't want to go back to analogs, we need to be outspoken and let these people know our reasons. Remember, faith by itself is good. But, faith with actions/works speak in even greater volumes.

A vivid image comes to mind from the gospel, although I can never remember the passage. A man is trying to get to Jesus, who's in a house giving a sermon I believe. The man wants in the house so bad that he gets up on the roof and starts ripping pieces of it away to get to him.

Roof ripping faith...... we just don't see enough of that these days.....

Last edited:
In my short answer to "would I still vape"??? ....Yes, I would. Unless they have a specific reason such danger to your health (worse than analogs).
It's a real tough issue though, I think we all (consciously) do things that the Lord does not approve. (Sometimes I still download music or a movie...working on that though)However, I can not go back to analogs. I'm actually still smoking about 4 per day.
I honestly think (and the Word DOES say different) that the good Lord would not disapprove of me for this.

On that same note (and please don't send me to the "Time for a Revolution" thread):
I have an anger problem paying taxes to our governments (State and Fed) that are so corrupt. If I had the opportunity NOT to pay taxes...would I not pay them??? I don't know.

I also realize that it is not for us to judge this...I they are corrupt...the Lord will deal with that.

Taxes. Who enjoys paying taxes? Wasn't Matthew a tax collector? So, he certainly must have lead a challenging life as a disciple.

When it comes to taxes, I pay them with a grudge. But, I think something that gives me some kind of peace is praying that the taxes I pay does some kind of good in this world. It may or may not be a guarantee, but I think it's the intent that matters most. It's the responsibility of the government to put our taxes to good use, and to put them in check when they don't. And that's what we have elections for.

Last edited:
I am palnning on ordering form china. I know some of the suppliers over there label them as toys. But i want to be more accurate on my package any suggestions?

I think I read somewhere in another post that many companies in China actually treat PV's as medical devices. Some even go as far as to keep them in compliance to reasonably high standards in comparison to other countries.

The juice is the real worry in this scenario. The FDA's recent testing of the 18 or 19 samples resulted in 1 sample having what they called a toxin. (never mind the fact that it's also used in treating tobacco and that when you vape, you're not actually setting it on fire to create smoke) That was just one sample though. Just do the research and make sure you're getting the juice from a reputable source and you should be fine.

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
Yes, I will still vape and I have been stocking up for months the possibility of a ban. My body is a temple and I am polluting it daily with analogs (I started back last month after a layoff). Now I am back on the bandwagon and will continue to vape as my doctor and I both think it is healthier for me. In fact, my Doc was so impressed with this alt method that he is recommending it "off the record" to his patients who have struggled with quitting like I have.

As mentioned above, the government can declare anything "legal" or "illegal" that it wants, but God's laws rise above any earthly government. My Government declared Chantix legal and it nearly killed me. Literally. I will continue to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, but this is my health that is in question and that rises above.

Sorry if I sound radical. :) Just applying judgment to the situation at hand.

Good question!

On the subject of ordering from China:

I was planning to make another order, but am struggling with the morality of it and could use some Christian insight from my brothers and sisters.

I have made a few orders from Eastmall and have always been pleased with their service and their products. Their shipping is fast, and EMS and USPS mop up the floor with Fed Ex and UPS. I have also received extra items as a "thank you" and their customer service is wonderful. Their prices cannot be beaten. But...

The fact is that I am importing w/out paying Customs fees and that is starting to bother me.

I don't know why that didn't occur to me before. It isn't as if I have never filled out the Customs form on a plane, before.

Does anyone know the law regarding ordering merchandise from a foreign country?

Is there a limit on what can be ordered for personal use, like there is when you physically go to the country?

I am just confused about this and cold use some help, here.

Thanks!

On the subject of ordering from China:

I was planning to make another order, but am struggling with the morality of it and could use some Christian insight from my brothers and sisters.

I have made a few orders from Eastmall and have always been pleased with their service and their products. Their shipping is fast, and EMS and USPS mop up the floor with Fed Ex and UPS. I have also received extra items as a "thank you" and their customer service is wonderful. Their prices cannot be beaten. But...

The fact is that I am importing w/out paying Customs fees and that is starting to bother me.

I don't know why that didn't occur to me before. It isn't as if I have never filled out the Customs form on a plane, before.

Does anyone know the law regarding ordering merchandise from a foreign country?

Is there a limit on what can be ordered for personal use, like there is when you physically go to the country?

I am just confused about this and cold use some help, here.

Thanks!

When I go on a cruise to Mexico and other countries, we are only responsible for custom fees and taxes if the amount (value) of your purchases are over a certain amount. That amount is $800.00.

So unless you purchase more than $800.00 of product at a time, you are good to go.

God Bless,

Max

Is it per order, or cumulative over a year though?

I can't locate my handy customs booklet (thoughtfully provided by the airline *after* we leave and are on the plane heading home:rolleyes:), but I was thinking there was a yearly limit.

IE, I cannot go to Cozumel every month and return with the limit each time, iirc.

Is it per order, or cumulative over a year though?

I can't locate my handy customs booklet (thoughtfully provided by the airline *after* we leave and are on the plane heading home:rolleyes:), but I was thinking there was a yearly limit.

IE, I cannot go to Cozumel every month and return with the limit each time, iirc.

I think it's per order but you do bring up a valid point/question that I am unable to answer without research.

You may have to go to the customs website and do a little Homework.

From a biblical perspective, you are only acountable to sin if you are aware of the sin and intentionally commit it. God does not hold you accoutable for sin that you not know of. So in that aspect, keep doing your research looking for the answer you seek. Until you know for sure what the answer is, one can only assume that you are not sinning at this point because you do not know for sure if you are "stealing", "deceiving" etc customs out of fees and taxes.

How many of our brothers and sisters in Christ make copies of Christian music CD's and/or DVD's from others? Technically, they are in sin because they are violating copyright laws and stealing potential income from the authors of those works. But they do it anyway right? Many either don't know or are just in denial using "spreading the Gospel" or "copying for the minsitry" as an excuse to do such acts.

If in your heart you strongly feel that you are doing something wrong, then change your ways. Buy product from US companies and not from China.

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread