Would you be interested in higher end flashlights for modding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I have an opportunity to get some flashlights without the led but with circuit board and bottom switch.

The tubes are mostly black or polished stainless but are made specifically for 16340's, 14500's and 18650's and have the on/off switch at the bottom..

They'll probably sell for about $12- $15 each..

Personally I'd love to work with some of them but before ordering I was wondering if you guys be interested in products like that for modding?

Thanks

Hoog

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
This is one of the 14500 styles, polished stainless and solid.. Would be about $14 - $16 though..

hefl.jpg.jpg

and

hefl1.jpg.jpg

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
We gotta see a pic!!

errrrrrrrrr mind computing .....I can tell he wants to and that it is a sweet* looking unit..but cant share a pic...it be so easy to mod*...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..18650 3000mahs? ouuuuuuuuuu i know you want to ..don't you Hoog???

roflmao how long to get them?? And let me ditch the cheap ones now from my shopping cart!!!

*looks has sooo much to do with it doesn't it? And why do I have this ODD feeling it could be modded for 5 volts?

Last edited:

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
I only want to look at a 18650 3000 mah..I have been spoiled : ) hehehe

you know what would be interesting is a lol protected CR123 dummies and flashlights for 2 cr123. That way one without any knowledge could easily feel comfortable in picking their power voltage. Just another babbling idea! And I knew it would be a sweet looking flashlight ..can't believe we posted at the exact same time.

Last edited:

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
HOOOOOOOOOOOOG when??? ( VERY HAPPY NO WRITING- Mad vapes would be acceptable but u must pay for the advertising LOL)

Thyestean modding no problem ..I have no knowledge of such stuff when starting to vape!! ( I will take a pic soon of all that I have done in less then a week! spent hardly any money too and the feeling of accomplishment priceless!)

Now. I can't believe how much people pay for such things! WE are here for you lol mostly Hoog and ecf ...cause he/they knows lots more lol.

Hoog you really should stock a few soldering kits for under 12.00.

Thyestean-It is easy once you get the hang of it..took me two tries LOL and I was like WOW... look at that solder flow and I have yet (knock on wood) wasted any parts! The mod section has video how to solder etc.

Hoog any pics of the 18650 taken apart? Do all have momentary switches?

Last edited:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
lol yeah the concept for most is fairly simple. Just need to find a day to go take my fathers house over as he has all the tools that I don't and no sense in me buying them when he has them sitting around not being used ;) Plus I know he enjoys tinkering and having company so it will be a good thing to keep him busy for a day too.

Jason365

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
ATX

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
I am giving this one a try. ;)
DealExtreme: $10.90 C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650)

I am going put one of your silver 510 battery adapters in the top and make it the quick and easy 4.2v 510 torch.

It would be nice if some one can source the momentary endcaps for these bottom button flashlights.

18650 compatibility is key for me, I would also like to see you offer battery spacers in the cr123a size.

Jason

Great instructions with photos in the modder forums
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lights-push-push-off-make-them-momentary.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread