Wow 4357 analogs avoided in 72 days.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicedFlavors-Keith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I want to thanks the guy/guts that allow us to have the banner:

"I've been vaping since...."

I never count how many analogs I was smoking in such a short term! Every time I see that banner in my post, I thanks e-cigs!:D

Happy Vaping!

And you've only saved four bucks, this banner must take into account how much you spend on vaping products :p

Keith

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
And you've only saved four bucks, this banner must take into account how much you spend on vaping products :p

Keith

Keith.

No, not too much... the thing is that in Colombia is very very cheap to smoke. I can buy a national brand pack for $0.30 and for example a Marlboro, Lucky, etc for $0.90 a pack.

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
Well, It seems that I have save about $4 in the last 72 days........ Wait I forgot to discount my new M201!! :D

No, in Colombia we are not going to save money at all, I am selling the e-cig here and people who buy it are from the upper class, that are concerned about their health more than in the price.

The medium and lower classes do not have access to this kind of products at all. The minimum salary here is about $220 per month and 90% of the working force in this country is on that level of salary.

Only the 4% of the working force makes more than $900 per month.

We do not know how we can live with that kind of income, but we live... and a lot of things are more expensive than in the USA. For example..a car will cost here about 150% more than in the USA.

Best for all of you and I hope you some day come to Colombia!

Linthorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Bowie, MD
Keith.

No, not too much... the thing is that in Colombia is very very cheap to smoke. I can buy a national brand pack for $0.30 and for example a Marlboro, Lucky, etc for $0.90 a pack.

I was in Bogota some years ago (17 maybe) and American cigs were illegal. The Colombian brands were very cheap but tasted like mierda. As I recall, the most popular brand was Marlboro. Illegal, but available on every street corner at a fraction of the U.S. price.:D

Glad to see that the minimum wage has come up!:)

abandonhope16

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
I'm just curious how the money saved is calculated in those sig banners. Is it just a function of analogs and cost per pack? Or is cost of vaping factored in as a function? Based on the ones I've seen, it does not appear that the cost of vaping is a factor; which is misleading, b/c the banner appears to say: "b/c I vape, I save $xx since I'm not smoking analogs". But vaping adds an expense and should be factored in. Had I quit cold turkey, then its realistic.
I apologize for the hijack; but I'm a numbers guy and I like trying to understand people's calculations. :p

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
In my case, I do not care about how much money I could save, since with the prices here for analogs, Vaping is a lot expensive. But it is great that the banner keep telling me how many analogs I have avoid!!!

Whit that......does the money really matter? :D

ok, I know not everyone can afford to expend more than they were expending before with analogs, but that is another issue.

abandonhope16

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Right now you need to manually set the cost of vaping by setting an artificially high 'cost of kit' value. The new version, which is under development, will include a 'monthly upkeep' figure to be taken into account as well.

OK, so right now you are factoring an artificially high fixed cost; but adding the variable costs is under development. Makes sense, I was just curious.

I guess I'm not really doing this to save money, but to quit analogs. It would be nice to save a few $$ at the same time (as would be the case with quitting cold turkey); as that would be an added bonus.
The frustrating part is to see vendors advertise that e-cigs are xx% cheaper than analogs, which is pretty much a lie; or at best stretching the truth a lot. Once you factor in the high upfront cost, then replacement parts and actual refills; it doesnt really seem like there are much savings. Obviously, the longer you go on vaping, the more you'd save were you on analogs that whole time. Just takes a while to get to that breakeven point.

Pepper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2008
Scotland
For me personally, vaping is definitely way cheaper than analogs. But then, cigs are very expensive in the UK. The banner tool does into account the cost of cartridges, and subtracts those from the 'amount saved'. A 30ml bottle of liquid lasts me around 5 weeks, and costs around £22. I was spending £20/wk on cigs before vaping (4 packs, I was a light smoker!). So even with a spare atomiser in that 5 week period and a spare battery every 12 weeks, I'm still saving).

But yeah, anyway, the 'analogs avoided' number is still scarey! :)

I'm also not doing it to save money though, that's the added bonus!

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
For me personally, vaping is definitely way cheaper than analogs. But then, cigs are very expensive in the UK. The banner tool does into account the cost of cartridges, and subtracts those from the 'amount saved'. A 30ml bottle of liquid lasts me around 5 weeks, and costs around £22. I was spending £20/wk on cigs before vaping (4 packs, I was a light smoker!). So even with a spare atomiser in that 5 week period and a spare battery every 12 weeks, I'm still saving).

But yeah, anyway, the 'analogs avoided' number is still scarey! :)

I'm also not doing it to save money though, that's the added bonus!

Pepper,

Maybe you can order your eliquid from Dekang. Now, you have to buy at least 100 x 10ml bottles. Find some friends and buy for all of you!

Also, Dekang has offices in UK.

I want to clarify that I do not want to promote anyone here, just to let others know some data that I have been able to find and use. I have a representative in China and she was able to confirm that Dekang is the producer of almost all the e-liquid that comes out of China and is the one used to fill almos all the cartridges of all e-cig brands from China.

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
I'm trying to use the banner in my cig:
I get an error:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
Your signature cannot be longer than 120 characters including BB code markup.
Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 1 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread