• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wow, 48mg unflavoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Lu, for what it's worth, I have two bottles of 48mg enroute to me. After the FDA press conference next Tuesday, there will likely be many e-smokers who wish they had a supply of really strong nicotine liquid to cut with VG and Bickford flavor. Let's see how long we can make it last, remain satisfied, and watch the fallout from the FDA's ban on all things e-smoking.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Lu, for what it's worth, I have two bottles of 48mg enroute to me. After the FDA press conference next Tuesday, there will likely be many e-smokers who wish they had a supply of really strong nicotine liquid to cut with VG and Bickford flavor. Let's see how long we can make it last, remain satisfied, and watch the fallout from the FDA's ban on all things e-smoking.

Well, this will all be interesting....that's for sure! And I'll be really curious what you think about the 48....mixing and/or not. Let us know!

Lu

MoonMan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Seems to be a lot of knee-jerk overreaction in here. If people WANT a 48mg to mix, who are we to say "OH NO THAT'S BAD YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT YOU CAN'T SELL THAT ETC, ETC".

Anyone seeking out something this strong will undoubtedly know the risks. You can buy all kinds of stuff on the internet that will kill you if used incorrectly, but we don't flame them. Why flame this guy who is offering us something useful?

As long as there's a warning on the bottle and site to not vape it straight, that's all that should really be required. Calling for his banning and sales to be stopped is mind-numbingly naive, stupid, and pointlessly alarmist.

In other words, mind your own business and quit trying to be a cybernanny.

Last edited:

Smokingfreely

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Arlington, TX
www.smokefreely.biz
My complaint was simply based on this product adding fuel to the naysayrs' fire. Nothing more than that.

I agree that he should be able to sell whatever he wants, but right now, I think we ought to be focused on gaining favorable public opinion. Seliing a product that more than doubles the patch's upper limit does not lend itself to being considered a "safe" alternative!

Anyways, the word is out, so now he'll sell the product, but it's also not advertised anymore, as far as I'm concerned, everybody won, as long as we get this thread closed.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Anyways, the word is out, so now he'll sell the product, but it's also not advertised anymore, as far as I'm concerned, everybody won, as long as we get this thread closed.

So, as long as there is a "little bit" of free speech, but not too much.......that is OK..........:rolleyes:

MoonMan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
So, as long as there is a "little bit" of free speech, but not too much.......that is OK..........:rolleyes:

Indeed.:( Make sure this evil guy is never heard from again.:rolleyes:

He should be able to advertise it all he likes, although I do somewhat agree that making it a "behind the counter" type of item is probably a good idea. If people want it, they should have to ask and not just be able to namelessly click "buy".

Last edited:

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Well I read this thread last night and was extremely saddened by it. This supplier did not deserve to be treated like this. He did nothing wrong. He was offering a product his customers had asked for. Nothing more than what the other suppliers on this forum do for their customers. I am going to purchase this 48mg if possible because I've started mixing my own and this offers a cheaper way to get more bang for my buck. I am a responsible adult and will assume the dangers inherently involved. The same way I assume the dangers when I bring Clorox, Comet, weed killer, bug repellants, fertilizers, etc. into my home. I highly doubt this juice will make the FDA come after us any faster than what they originally planned on doing. I think we should apologize to this supplier. We are a better group of people than this.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Well I read this thread last night and was extremely saddened by it. This supplier did not deserve to be treated like this. He did nothing wrong. He was offering a product his customers had asked for. Nothing more than what the other suppliers on this forum do for their customers. I am going to purchase this 48mg if possible because I've started mixing my own and this offers a cheaper way to get more bang for my buck. I am a responsible adult and will assume the dangers inherently involved. The same way I assume the dangers when I bring Clorox, Comet, weed killer, bug repellants, fertilizers, etc. into my home. I highly doubt this juice will make the FDA come after us any faster than what they originally planned on doing. I think we should apologize to this supplier. We are a better group of people than this.

What has me baffled is this. If people are worried about the level of nicotine taken in, then why we constantly looking for bigger and better?? The screwdriver, Zi Moshi, etc. all advertise high volumes of vapor! Don't get me wrong I just bought a Zi Moshi and wouldnt give it up for anything! BUT, Isnt the increased vapor increasing the nicotine that we are taking in on a daily basis??

MoonMan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
"my children are killed by lack of knowledge" :rolleyes:

No, your children are killed because you give them access to e-juice in the first place.

Would somebody please explain how this "think of the children" argument is valid in the least in regards to a stronger juice? Are people letting their kids drink the slightly less toxic stuff? Or perhaps people mix up their juices on the kitchen table where the kids eat?

Last edited:

Tasdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
Pittsburg, KS
I have 3 kids at home. All between 12 and 17. All of my juice and carts are in a small fridge in my home office. The kids have all been told what it is. They know that they are not to open any packages I get unless I tell them to. They know that this liquid in my fridge is dangerous and can kill them if they use it wrong. I showed them a 1ml bottle of juice and told them that just this much could kill them if they drank it and that it could go through their skin if they got it on them.

When my neices who are 5 and 11 come over, they are not allowed in the office. In fact, the door is closed and locked for their entire visit.

It is not that hard to keep things away from kids. If they're young, don't let them near it. If they're older, explain it.

One other thing I have learned about kids, if you have enough kool-aid on hand, they don't try to drink the household cleaners. ;)

The FDA has already shown its hand. We already know that they are going to start the crackdown on Tuesday. What difference is there really in whether one supplier is offering a limited supply of 48mg juice vs everyone else offering 36?

I know we are all stressed about the future of our habit, but we should not jump on someone because they were helping out other members. I would love to have some 48mg liquid around because it will take up less space in my mini-fridge than 36. I have plenty of access to PG, VG, alcohol, water, LorAnn flavorings, mixing tools, bottles, and everything else I need to make juice. If juice is banned, I can make everything but the nicotine. I would like to stockpile some nicotine so I'm prepared for whatever may happen.

Anyways, that is just my 2 cents.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I don't understand all the banter over one level of nicotine over another with the quantity within the bottles we buy.

Am I over-simplifying it in my understanding that if you were to purchase 30ml of 4mg nicotine, are you not now keeping onhand the potential amount of nicotine to kill ??

If the measure is 4mg/ml does that 30ml not consist of 120mg of nicotine potential intake if one were to drink the entire bottle ??

Someone steer me right on this if I'm incorrect please....

VapeOn,
Greg

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
wow, ok, i just learned something new, so something good came of this thread.. sales are halted until further notice, i will remove the listing from the site.

thanks

update: product has been removed

Yeah mate the issue is someone may actually wish nicotine of that strength for themselves, but this is the issue. Everyone develops a tolerance to nicotine, even the higher strengths. But you are still getting the same dosage even if you no longer feel it.

And I'm going to cut that off right there. Good luck! Put some tobacco flavors up and I'll have a go at your goods :D The tamer sort :thumb:

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
I don't understand all the banter over one level of nicotine over another with the quantity within the bottles we buy.

Am I over-simplifying it in my understanding that if you were to purchase 30ml of 4mg nicotine, are you not now keeping onhand the potential amount of nicotine to kill ??

If the measure is 4mg/ml does that 30ml not consist of 120mg of nicotine potential intake if one were to drink the entire bottle ??

Someone steer me right on this if I'm incorrect please....

VapeOn,
Greg

It's the tolerance issue. And you know, when you become tolerant of something the temptation is to use stronger measurements and you can see where that may go...

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Sure, I can understand about tolerances. At the same time I can reasonably understand that as it was labelled as DIY juice that a little common sence would tell you that it wasn't meant as anything else but to "DIY" mix by reducing to achieve the desired level of intake.

But, is my assumption of content calculations correct ??

This stuff is far from "PURE" nicotine is it not ? So, if the arguement is based towards safety issues with the higher than currently available nic level, is it not moot considering the bottle content level on the whole even at the lowest level of mg/ml by my calculations is toxic when taken in quatity ??

VapeOn,
Greg

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
The thread reads like many others. If you don't like 48mg, don't buy it. There are many products that are sold openly that are at least as hazardous.

DIY'ers mix it and 48 would be a way for DIY's to mix strong tasting juice and still maintain a usable nic content. I'd definitely choose 48 over 36mg.

I find the mindset of quite a few members (basically the 'my way or ban it' philosophy) to be really offensive. We're talking about adults purchasing from adults here. If you don't like something, p.iss off and leave it for the people that do.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Everyone develops a tolerance to nicotine, even the higher strengths. But you are still getting the same dosage even if you no longer feel it.

I don't tend to agree with this, as evidenced by those that have lowered their nic levels, some to zero even.

Here's how I think it goes: The most important step is to start off with a nic level that satisfies you (and of course that will vary by person). The satisfaction you look for is one that will have you desiring analogs less (or not at all).

Once you find this, you can then start to rely on the ecig more than the analog. Then it becomes second nature to just pick up and vape and the satisfaction you get from vaping supersedes the analog craving, so eventually your focus becomes the ecig rather than the analog.

Once you get to that point, then you can experiment with a lower level and see if you can get by....even beginning with alternating between the 2. There are many pointers around from those who have decreased their nic since vaping. If everyone builds up a tolerance to nicotine, then no one would ever be satisfied without it.

My point is...I think we start with a certain tolerance and if that is not met, the cravings for analogs doesn't go away. It has been like that for me since day one. The best I've done is 36mg....and down to 1/2 to 1 pack a day. With some experimenting, I found that if I lower the 36mg (through mixing or using some 24 I have around here), my cravings for analogs increases.

I actually envy those who have been able to pick up an ecig and from day one, never touched another (even my own brother who went from a pack a day to 1 or 2 analogs a day....and sometimes none...since the day he started vaping). I would be so lucky!

But I still feel I need to find "the mix" that satisfies me enough to stave off the analog cravings and the 36 isn't bad....I can go a few hours on it....but I want more than that. And maybe 48 or 44 or even 40 would help me get over that hump. But I'll never know til I try...so I will be more than happy to give the 48mg a try...find my "mix"....decrease the analog use....then work my way down from there. That's my goal plan anyway. Hey, stranger things have been known to happen! :p

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread