wow... a provari copy made by smoktech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
sierra nevada foothills, ca
Just came across this. It even uses the provari name in the title? I hope provape has patents. This Chinese knock off seems pretty sad.

www. dualcoilscartomizer.en .alibaba.com/product/542565155-0/2012_newest_high_quality_provari_variable_voltage_VV.html

Last edited by a moderator:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It will probably settle down to around $90 after the first month or so, and the excitement will probably approach that of the LavaTube. The QC level will be interesting to watch - good looking specs but cheap execution seems to be the rule. How many will one go through in say two years?

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I'll stick to my American made Provari - thnx.

Ditto.. If I'm going to spend $100+ on the mod, I'll take the rock-solid US-made original for the extra ~$50, thankyouvermuch.

I'm surprised at this mod though.. There's already well defined market segments here. Those looking for VV on the cheap (Lavatube, etc..), and those willing to spend the extra for the quality builds.. This is just smack in the middle, which doesn't make sense to me.

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
I've got a coworker here who started his own little e-cig biz where he buys loads of stuff from China and sells them as starter kits. He sold them to another coworker and it caught on fire while he was triggering it. Luckily the guy was not hurt.

Anyway, this guy who sells the Chinese made starter kits says adamantly that Provari, Darwin, all of them are basically all Chinese made with just the casing or something small that's American made, i.e. just enough to where they can label it as American. IOW> this guy frustrates me to no end...

knivesout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
MT
They could've been less blatant in their copying of the provari if they just styled it differently.. Since they took so many cues from the design of the provari, it just makes it look that much more like a cheap knock-off. To me, it doesn't really make sense. For $30 more, you can buy an american made mod with a *proven* track record from a company with excellent customer service. I'm sure some people will buy it, but I would personally wonder if my safety (and satisfaction!) isn't worth that extra $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread