• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wow! Busy time of year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Hey everyone! I've been insanely busy between my primary job as IT Wonderboy for small regional ISP + IT Services company, my family business LeeAnder Sweets (insert shameless plug here), and preparing hearth and home for the coming season. I've been meaning to drop by here for a while and see how everyone is doing. So... how is everyone? I know this is a busy time of year for everyone, and I dont really expect this group to be very active during this time. I just wanted to check in with you all. Anyway, I hope everything is going well for all of you.

Blessed Be!

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Yep busy here. I dislike all the holiday stuff because of the blended family junk. We haven't seen my Bonus son in 6 months now and don't think we will any time soon. And my middle daughter now goes to her Dad every holiday break so that she doesn't have to stay the whole summer (her choice). Also, I am trying to figure out how to incorporate more Yule and less Christmas. My two older girls were raised basically with Christmas because of the family and I wasn't out of the broom closet because I didn't kow I was in it LOL. I want Yule with the 4 yr old. They are already tainting her with the christmas madness I just can't seem to get anyone else on board with it.

Oh and I love FUDGE! Nothing wrong with a lil plug here and there.
I sell tastefully simple ;-) Tastefully Simple - Home

I have been hanging out in the Reo thread. I got a mini and now I got a grand . Love them both.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Fortunatly Nyxie, there are alot of things about Christmas that remain unchanged from its Pagan roots! For instance Santa, or should I say the Holy King... ;) The decorating of a tree, Yule Log, heck even gift giving! All of it comes from Pagan roots! So they can have the vast majority of the activities they are used to, but still keep it Yule. One thing that I intend to do one of these years is the full cycle of the Yule log... Basically, the way it was explained to me, beginning around Yule you choose an evergreen tree, cut it and bring it in... decorate it with gifts to honor it for its sacrifice. After Yule, you allow the tree to dry and remove all the limbs. On Beltane that tree will become your Maypole, honoring it by coating it in oils and herbs before wrapping it with ribbons in the traditional dance. Its then left to cure until the next Yule where it is cut into lengths and distributed amongst the coven as Yule logs for their home. I don't know how "traditional" this is, but I have been told of it by two friends in separate covens over in the UK, and I find it to be very intriguing... ok well now I am just rambling... sorry lol. Enjoy you new Reo(s) and try to have good Yule season.

PS. One book I would recommend especially this time of year, and I know someone will hate me for this, is Circle Round by Starhawk. A lot of VERY cool family, and often earth, centered things to do with the family/kids. I highly recommend the Wish Bread activity! It was a hit with my cousins a few years back (they are A LOT younger than me so I am almost more of an uncle figure in their eyes but ya know) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread