WOW Cartos and other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
Im a little upset that I spent over $10 for a box of carts hailed as, "the end of your journey
for the ULTIMATE Cartomizer." The flavor is wonderful as promised. The issue is that the wonderful flavor lasts for about two hours. Add to that, that I cant even get another day of dripping before I need to change carts. In my case, the journey for the ULTIMATE cartomizer is continuing... not ending.
I have spent $3 less on a box of carts and had more use out of them.

I also purchased another shorty battery because months ago I got one and it had a connection issue. V4L said they had fixed the problem. Guess what... 16 bucks later and a "New Short Battery" later... same old problem. I have to carry around a safety pin so I can readjust the center post everytime I use the "New Short Battery".

Im not bashing V4L because Steve and company are great folks, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

-VP

Luma

ECF Veteran
You think thats upsetting? My last purchase close to a year ago was close to $200 in carts and none of them lasted more than 30 min. Havnt tried wow carts yet nut if this is the case, lasting 2 hours, I may need to look at cool carts.

I would talk to v4l about it but it was so long ago and my orders were under a different account and I really don't expect v4l to believe that I had 10 boxes of empty juice carts.

I'm shrugging it off and thankful for the new improvements.

I am also doing some videos experimenting with these issues. Vapor, flavor, and lenth of use.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
V4L cartos have always been solid for me, generally really good fills.

Concerning batteries, I've had my share of problems, but V4L CS has been excellent on replacing items that weren't working right, or had reasonably early life failures. They've also gotten a lot faster on taking care of problems, beefed up their tracking recently (good job!).

(Other resellers have had battery issues, too, but fortunately they were ECF Suppliers, also good CS.)

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
You guys seem to be missing the point. Let me try again:

Bah to pre-filled carts, get blanks and juice and you will have no issues! I know it's a hassle, but hey, most anything good in life is worth some trouble here and there!

After 2 hours of use... it would seem as if I am using blank carts. Flavor gone... time to drip. Except I spent almost 11 bucks. The website says these are "the end of the journey for the ultimate cartomizer". For $10.50 it wouldnt seem that way.

V4L cartos have always been solid for me, generally really good fills.

Im glad your experience was better than mine. Perhaps I just got $50 worth of a bad run of carts.

Concerning batteries, I've had my share of problems, but V4L CS has been excellent on replacing items that weren't working right, or had reasonably early life failures. They've also gotten a lot faster on taking care of problems, beefed up their tracking recently (good job!).

Again you seem to have missed my point. These short batts are advertised as "The NEW Short batteries". I am not concerned with V4L's CS or tracking proceedure. I am concerned that I got a battery that is no better "NEW", than the old batteries.

(Other resellers have had battery issues, too, but fortunately they were ECF Suppliers, also good CS.)

Im not doubting your statement above. But since I spent top dollar on carts advertised as basically the "best" as well as purchasing an improved battery... and both failed... I can only speak to the supplier whom I delt with. If I come across another reseller that deals out the same negative experience, I will speak to that experience.

Again, I am NOT bashing V4L. As I stated before, I think they are all good folks. But this is my latest experience with them and I'm sharing it. The main point here is: I spent good money on what is supposed to be high quality merchandise... and neither delivered.

-VP

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Just so you'll be aware, WOW cartos are higher resistance, 2.5 ohms I believe compared to the 3.0 ohms (+/-) of most other cartos. This means that they burn hotter than the others and will use juice faster. It can also mean that the element fouls faster and burns out quicker. Unlike high res attys, they aren't built for any kind of durability but to be disposable.

If your order was recent and you haven't opened all of the cartos, you might try emailing V4L. Tell them that you ordered too many before you knew that you weren't happy with the wows and ask if they will switch the the unopened boxes for some cools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread