Wow... kinda surprised at so little REACTOR response from fellow Halons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
So... I kinda got sucked back into smoking stinkies(about a pack a day + some Triton use... Used to average 1-1/2(+) packs a day before started vaping - cut back to zero stinkies, then more n more n MORE).
I was all excited at the beginning, but found myself spending an absurd fortune on different mods, tanks, rebuildables n all that.
Then, when none of it matched up to what i was looking for (good, strong taste AND warmth... & simplicity) - i sold it all. :shock:
(except my Tritons):)

Lost/broke a few VV Tritons, & at $30 a pop (+ tax & shipping)... that kinda blows.:-x

Went to order some Kringle's, Subzero & Tribeca the other day, and low and behold... HALO'S GOT A FREAKIN SUB BOX!:shock: With a glass tank w/nice, easy airflow control, 2 dual-coil heads, wall charger & USB cable... PLUS A FREE FREAKIN 30ML BOTTLE A JOOS! $69 BUCKS??? AND YOU'RE HAVING A 20% OFF SALE??? AND DOUBLE POINTS???:rickroll:

Well, it got here today. And lemme just say that i got 3 bottles a joos, an extra Reactor tank, a 5-pack a coils, and the REACTOR starter kit... for $126 (including tax n free shipping). (PLUS it gave me 800 points.)
*I spend more than that on awful "bargain" cigarettes in a month.*

This thing is soooooo awesome. I absolutely love it! EVERYTHING about it is exactly what i wanted.:vapor::drool:

Soooo... i went to the Halo site, because i wanted to use my points on a free bottle a joos today, and kinda wanted a third REACTOR tank. THEY'RE GIVING AWAY FREE 30ML'S OF KRINGLE'S *PLUS* 20% OFF REACTOR KITS IF YOU GET ONE. So... let's see... i needed Kringle's anyway ($20)... i wanted a new REACTOR tank ($25)... and i wanted to try DEVLIN as my free 30ML.
But guess what? You can get the REACTOR kit for $56 (instead of $70). AND IT COMES WITH A FREE 30ML! *AND* A FREE KRINGLE'S 30ML. And a tank with TWO coils (individual tanks come with one :blink:).
So... $56 minus $45 i WOULD have spent = $11. wth??? (ended up being $68 with tax & shipping... but for another FULL KIT, and *THREE* 30ML BOTTLES - used my 1,000 points).

Sorry everybody for the long post, but i am soooooooo thrilled at what i sincerely believe will be the END of stinkies for me. For good.:thumbs:

Long live the Halon empire! :w00t: (so say we all.)

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
The answer to your presumed question in the thread title is that longer term Halons are either content to stay with the Triton (me) or they upgraded long before now. Halo was late to the game with the Reactor and Tracer, but I do predict that sales and fans will increase as the more recent customers now have upgrade options. I've been tempted since they were introduced, and I may just treat myself soon. Really the major obstacle for me is that I will stick with the Triton for everyday use, and I'm not sure I like the idea of having to buy and stock two liquid types.

Reactions: DaveOno

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
The answer to your presumed question in the thread title is that longer term Halons are either content to stay with the Triton (me) or they upgraded long before now. Halo was late to the game with the Reactor and Tracer, but I do predict that sales and fans will increase as the more recent customers now have upgrade options. I've been tempted since they were introduced, and I may just treat myself soon. Really the major obstacle for me is that I will stick with the Triton for everyday use, and I'm not sure I like the idea of having to buy and stock two liquid types.
Yeah, if you're still holding onto the Triton... and all the liquids... it'd be crazy expensive to keep em BOTH going.

Since not only is it better with the higher VG joos... but there's also the WAY LOWER nicotine level thing, as well. Truth is, i'm gonna go through at least twice as much joos with this, but since the Triton serves little purpose in my life now, even paying for twice as much joos is worth it to me. And still cheaper than buying even "bargain" brand cigarettes.

And i know i was outta the loop for awhile with all the new products being released over the course of the last YEAR (since i stopped buying anything and everything that i HOPED would bring me the flavor and warmth and long battery life and ease of use i get from the REACTOR). Truth is, i was WANTING one of those DNA boxes, or an equivalent over a year ago, but they were CRAZY expensive.:shock:
Since then, they've released the iStick (which is what Halo rebranded as the REACTOR), and i'm sure there are Many others that are equally awesome, or even better.

For ME? This REACTOR is about FIVE steps up from the Triton. No comparison. Except to say that stepping up from the G6 to the Triton was as mind-blowingly awesome as stepping up from the Triton to this. Even more so. I had HOPED that getting Kayfuns and different 510 APV's were gonna be that step up I so desperately needed a year ago. But it was nowhere NEAR the difference I experience with this. And a huge waste of $$$.:-x

But i guess this is just my Goldilocks moment. (and i suspect that the iStick din't come with the tank & 2 coils and a free 30mL of awesomeness):thumbs:

lindam

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Massachusetts
I was very happy with my Triton, really had no reason to upgrade to a mod. I think the reason for that was because I didn't want to fool around with special batteries for a mod. That said, when Halo came out with their mods and I saw that it's a sealed battery I decided to get the Tracer. I like it but it's big and I wasn't too crazy about the drip tip. It seems very wide and not real comfortable. Then I decided to buy the Reactor. All I can say is WOW!! I absolutely love it. I like how it feels in my hand, much better than the Tracer, and the drip tip is smaller, also a plus. I have had it for about three weeks now and I'm still using the original coil that was already in the tank, and I use it a lot! With the Triton a 30 ml bottle would last almost a month but with the Reactor it seems like I am going through the bottle in a week. I keep it around 3.7 volts and I'm very happy. Good job Halo!!

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
I was very happy with my Triton, really had no reason to upgrade to a mod. I think the reason for that was because I didn't want to fool around with special batteries for a mod. That said, when Halo came out with their mods and I saw that it's a sealed battery I decided to get the Tracer. I like it but it's big and I wasn't too crazy about the drip tip. It seems very wide and not real comfortable. Then I decided to buy the Reactor. All I can say is WOW!! I absolutely love it. I like how it feels in my hand, much better than the Tracer, and the drip tip is smaller, also a plus. I have had it for about three weeks now and I'm still using the original coil that was already in the tank, and I use it a lot! With the Triton a 30 ml bottle would last almost a month but with the Reactor it seems like I am going through the bottle in a week. I keep it around 3.7 volts and I'm very happy. Good job Halo!!
Hell yeah!
Dayumm. I've been working on this freakin REACTOR for JUST over 24 hours now (straight:shock:). I needed to pull an all-nighter anyway, due to my crazy schedule... and appointments n such.

I am just giddy with excitement about this thing (did he say "giddy":confused:... yes. yes, he did. How embarrassing.) I keep trying different things with the airflow (9 settings right there, actually... including fully open and fully closed), different Watts, switching back n forth between my Tribeca high VG (yummmm:vapor::drool:) my Kringle's/Subzero mix. In the Triton i do a 50/50 mix of KC and SubZero, but the chat person at Halo recommended I try 75/25. (of course the SubZero's still normal... and as we all know - POTENT. But i tried it 50/50 real quick, just to know. And yuck. 75/25's pretty great, but may back off even further with the SubZero in the future:blush:).

Can't wait for my Devlin and Prime high VG's to arrive (plus i ordered a bottle of "P-nut Better Cup" from a nameless competitor. Don't tell. And don't judge.)

I JUST discovered a couple hours ago, while out for a couple hour bike ride (with the REACTOR still... of Course) how great LUNG hits are with this thing. I was taking Triton pulls til then. WOW!:thumbs:

(again. sorry for the long posts, but i am :banana:lockin n poppin n hoppin n boppin:banana: around with the biggest smile on my stooopid face.)
Forgive me. (or don't. whatever.)

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
I have already invested in 3 ISticks.***And I have no desire to go into sub-ohming and all the new gear out there. One reason I quit smoking is to save money.
(scratches head. "already invested in THREE iSticks with no desire to go into sub-ohming". i'm confooosed.)
But hey, we all like what we like. And after ALL the 510 crap i threw a fortune at a couple years ago (up until a year ago)... i dumped it ALL... sold it ALL here in the classies (except my Tritons)... cause NOTHING compared to the Triton. For me either.
Til now.
Night & day.
(for me. YMMV.):toast:

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
(scratches head. "already invested in THREE iSticks with no desire to go into sub-ohming". i'm confooosed.)
But hey, we all like what we like. And after ALL the 510 crap i threw a fortune at a couple years ago (up until a year ago)... i dumped it ALL... sold it ALL here in the classies (except my Tritons)... cause NOTHING compared to the Triton. For me either.
Til now.
Night & day.
(for me. YMMV.):toast:
I don't sub-ohm. I just use my Triton tanks "ohms" on my ISticks. I would do the same if I had the Reactor. I don't have to sub-ohm just because I have a battery that can handle sub-ohms. I like the fact that I can go to a higher wattage, plus the longevity of these batteries.

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
I don't sub-ohm. I just use my Triton tanks "ohms" on my ISticks. I would do the same if I had the Reactor. I don't have to sub-ohm just because I have a battery that can handle sub-ohms. I like the fact that I can go to a higher wattage, plus the longevity of these batteries.
That's cool. So... you can't actually use the Triton tanks on the REACTOR/iSTICK mods, can you? At those lower voltages? I know they make a Triton to 510/eGo adapter (think i have one from way back somewhere)... but that's not gonna work in just a regular 510 connection like on these boxes, right? Do you just use the Triton tanks on Triton batteries... and some OTHER "Triton-ohm" range tank on your eLeaf/REACTOR box? And if so, what would you recommend for lower wattage/voltage on these boxes? I've still got lots of higher nic joos i'd like to use (but am down to just my old starter pack 600mah Triton batteries *lame* after losing yet another Triton VV). Plus all my Triton tanks are on their last legs, and i'm low on coils.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.:toast:
(Maybe a Kanger Subtank with 1.2 ohms might be ok. But i suspect the nic levels being so high might be a problem, even as low as 1.2ohms might be ok. But i suspect that's still a big jump from 1.8-2.0ohm standard Triton coils... even though, technically not SUB-ohm.)

Last edited:

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
*trips and falls into the Halo subforum* Oh, hey, this is still a place. Hi everyone! :2cool:

I just wanted to give my own little story/answer to the question. I've had a weird vaping journey over the years: I started off over 5 years ago with even simpler e-cigs than the Triton, bought dozens of variable voltage/wattage mods, sold them and stepped back DOWN to the Tritons, and now I'm pretty much set with an iStick. I haven't bought Halo hardware in over a year and I have no interest in their new mods, because they're nothing new, for me personally. (Sorry!)

BUUUUT... do I still exclusively vape only Halo liquid, and do I consistently buy multiple bottles every month? F yes, I do. Sub-Zero for life.

So just because we don't have their new mod doesn't mean we aren't fanboys and girls.

And P.S. +50,000 points for the Battlestar Galactica reference. :)

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
That's cool. So... you can't actually use the Triton tanks on the REACTOR/iSTICK mods, can you? At those lower voltages? I know they make a Triton to 510/eGo adapter (think i have one from way back somewhere)... but that's not gonna work in just a regular 510 connection like on these boxes, right? Do you just use the Triton tanks on Triton batteries... and some OTHER "Triton-ohm" range tank on your eLeaf/REACTOR box? And if so, what would you recommend for lower wattage/voltage on these boxes? I've still got lots of higher nic joos i'd like to use (but am down to just my old starter pack 600mah Triton batteries *lame* after losing yet another Triton VV). Plus all my Triton tanks are on their last legs, and i'm low on coils.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.:toast:
(Maybe a Kanger Subtank with 1.2 ohms might be ok. But i suspect the nic levels being so high might be a problem, even as low as 1.2ohms might be ok. But i suspect that's still a big jump from 1.8-2.0ohm standard Triton coils... even though, technically not SUB-ohm.)

This has been covered on a few previous threads, but no, the Triton tank will not fit on the Reactor 510 connection. You will need two adapters. First the Halo Triton to 510/eGo adapter. This is a misnomer since it really is a Triton to eGo adapter. You also need an eGo to 510 adapter which is available at a vape store or online. The ego adapter connects into the Reactor 510 connection. Then connect the Triton with the Halo adapter. There is no additional length caused by the eGo/510.

I use standard Halo Triton tanks (or Kanger T2's). With the Kangers, I don't need the Halo adapter. Since I build all my coils my ohm range can be between 1.4 and 2.5 ohms. I don't really care too much as I vape on wattage. I usually vape between 8.5 and 10 watts. This is higher than you can get out of a Triton battery. If I go to, say, 15 watts I end up with a coughing fit.

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
This has been covered on a few previous threads, but no, the Triton tank will not fit on the Reactor 510 connection. You will need two adapters. First the Halo Triton to 510/eGo adapter. This is a misnomer since it really is a Triton to eGo adapter. You also need an eGo to 510 adapter which is available at a vape store or online. The ego adapter connects into the Reactor 510 connection. Then connect the Triton with the Halo adapter. There is no additional length caused by the eGo/510.

I use standard Halo Triton tanks (or Kanger T2's). With the Kangers, I don't need the Halo adapter. Since I build all my coils my ohm range can be between 1.4 and 2.5 ohms. I don't really care too much as I vape on wattage. I usually vape between 8.5 and 10 watts. This is higher than you can get out of a Triton battery. If I go to, say, 15 watts I end up with a coughing fit.
Alright, good to know that i can adapt the adapter to 510 (din't know it was covered in other threads. oopsss... like i could read all the other threads).
Well, sweet. Guess i don't have to throw out my high nic jooos. (but i gotta buy some more Triton/T2 tanks n coils. booo.)
Appreciate the info.:toast:
(still loving the hell out of this REACTOR a few days in. ABSOLUTELY no regrets.:vapor::thumbs:)
*I'm embarrassed to say it, but i think i'm gonna get aNOTHER kit. Freakin TWO bottles of joooos (40 bucks) for free (that free bottle of Kringle's on top makes it impossible to pass up. Love it as much as Wheezal). And i want another tank, anyway. (25 bucks). That's 65 bucks. But they're selling the Kit for 56.:blink: hmmmmmm... so they're paying ME??? sweeeeeet.*
I'm an idiot.
But i love a bargain. :w00t:
(and now i guess i'll have as many "iSticks" as you! hahhahhahha.):eek:
*only MINE say "Halo" on em... with the little firehead dude... and have hefty, beautiful sub-tanks on top... with "Halo" etched into each one THREE TIMES:shock::thumbs:*
Who's laughing NOW???
(i am. like a raving lunatic.)

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hey Smokie!!!

Yes, you need to get the 510/ego adapter from somewhere else. It is an oversite that Halo sells the reactor battery without offering the adapter to use a Triton tank.

@Rockin Randle , Halo NEEDS to sell the 510/ego adapter!!!

I'm also not into subohming. For my daily use, I can't see using twice the juice. I like my Tritons and my mini nautiluses. The Tritons have better flavor delivery, but the naughty has a bigger tank. I also have a few bigger tanks (5ml) using the BVC coils.

But as isn't said enough, whatever works for you is right. Some peeps do the drip thing, others do cig-a-like and cartos, some the Triton/ego tanks, and some subohm.

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
Hey Smokie!!!

Yes, you need to get the 510/ego adapter from somewhere else. It is an oversite that Halo sells the reactor battery without offering the adapter to use a Triton tank.

I'm also not into subohming. For my daily use, I can't see using twice the juice. I like my Tritons and my mini nautiluses. The Tritons have better flavor delivery, but the naughty has a bigger tank. I also have a few bigger tanks (5ml) using the BVC coils.

But as isn't said enough, whatever works for you is right. Some peeps do the drip thing, others do cig-a-like and cartos, some the Triton/ego tanks, and some subohm.
D@mn, Dave,I do the exact same. I also use the naughty for plastic killing juices. (Which are very few.)

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Hey Smokie!!!

Hey, Dave! Long time no talkie.
Yeah... kind of a drag about them not carrying the 510/eGo adapter. They got the one from -what, 808D or something- to eGo. Which they din't carry a couple years ago when i picked mine up. Used it like twice on a crappy eGo battery i bought to experiment with my first glass tank (which was a Protank). Never liked the Protank, even rebuilding it. Nor the Davide Bdc's, Aspire Bdc's, blah blah blah, on & on it went. iTaste SVD & 134, Kayfuns, freaking NOTHING gave me the satisfaction i got from the Triton(T2). As we all know so well, it's awesome.
But it's plastic, and it has plastic drip tips that crack (eventually), and can't handle high VG well n all that other stuff.
That's why we all ventured away from STRICTLY Halon products. Just so we could get our freak on with some juices we (are allowed to have ) liked from other vendors. But, i'll tell you what... i wish i'd experimented with sub-ohming instead of all the stooopid tanks i tried.

For ME -like you said, it's all about what works for the individual- this is the culmination of ALL the stuff i was looking for: WARM, TASTY VAPE, SATISFYING CLOUDS (not at ALL a cloud-chaser, but it's fun to let one rip here n there), SOLID MOD -THAT FEELS great IN YER GRIP... and isn't phallic:eek:, (actually LOOKS GOOD?), GREAT BATTERY LIFE, *GLASS TANK -PREFERABLY large*o_O, (ALSO actually has style?), GOOD AIRFLOW CONTROL, VARIABLE WATTAGE (volts mean NOTHING to me. who CARES?:-x)

ANYWAY, you get the idea. This thing has it all for me. In spades.
(but it SO sucks how right you are about vaping TWICE as much joooooooos!:shock: prolly more. :( But OH WELL!!! feel like i should be in a McDonald's commercial or something right now.:hubba:)
mcdonalds im lovin it button.jpg

Reactions: BLTinFLA

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Wow, so i'm loving this REACTOR kit more n more as time goes by (7 full days with no desire for a stinkie:w00t:).
The flavor these tanks/batteries crank out, along with the ridiculous :drool::vapor:velvety clouds o' vapor:vapor::drool: continue to bring HUGE smiles to my face.
Even gave myself the old beer challenge:party:last night... and was LOVING the Devlin as well as Tribeca mixed with some Prime 15 along with my Guinness. (always thought it'd be sacrilege to mix ANYTHING with Tribeca, but i kinda like em together. Prime's great, but kinda boring by itself.)
Looking forward to trying out the Belgian high VG when it gets here tomorrow. Also ordered a bottle of Cafe Mocha to throw in a Triton tank to help slow my obscene level of joooos consumption (gone through roughly 60mL's in the first 7 days:shock:).
(bet the Belgian and Cafe Mocha will be even better with my next round of Guinness:headbang:).
I've been chain-vaping a ridiculous amount this week, and will HOPE to be cutting those numbers back. Otherwise i might have to start hanging out on street corners to pay for my jooos.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread