Wow loving my Renova Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyMan1

Dec 28, 2018
This is my first pod device (and first time with nic salts) I've ever used so can't compare to other ones but I have been vaping for many years (off and on went back to smoking a few times). Started with a kanger evod, protank 1, went to rebuildables like the eleaf lemo, this time around I had a innokin zenith which was pretty great for my needs. I lost that and got a smok species kit to hold me over and holy crap, way overboard I understand a lot of people are "cloud chasers" but for some person that is just trying to stay away from smoking and want something to semi-mimic that those kinds of tanks/wattages are just totally unnecessary and turn many people away from vaping imo, man the vapor and spit burns a guy's mouth guess you have to scar your tongue/mouth slowly over time to bare it.

I got to say for someone just trying to stay away from smoking and be healthier and not win a cloud blowing contest the renova zero has to be pretty close to perfect! This baby is capable of 3 different power settings and I run it on low no problemo, more than enough. Easy to refill, decent battery life for something about the size of a lighter (cheap enough to have many of them for backups), ceramic coil, leds easy to see and show battery life or power setting, magnetic cartridge, autofire when you inhale without pressing a button (and the guy at the shop said it doesn't have autofire problem like a lot of pods)
Like I said haven't tried any other pods but don't care to, got me another one on the way with some extra pods and nic salt juice.

VPES-REN10-2.jpg

v=TxXYVNRvS1M

(I do not hold copyrights of picture or video)

Last edited:

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
got a smok species kit to hold me over and holy crap, way overboard I understand a lot of people are "cloud chasers" but for some person that is just trying to stay away from smoking and want something to semi-mimic that those kinds of tanks/wattages are just totally unnecessary and turn many people away from vaping imo, man the vapor and spit burns a guy's mouth guess you have to scar your tongue/mouth slowly over time to bare it.
This is your opinion but it doesn't reflect reality.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

PartyMan1

Dec 28, 2018
For vaping "enthusiasts" that want more clouds, this device is not it. Although some might want one of these anyway because they are neat imo. For someone wanting to quit smoking, this is exactly the device I would recommend them. More smokers that have tried vaping and gone back to smoking need to try this device over other vaping systems before deciding vaping isn't for them imo. On low setting this device is perfect, and I was a marlboro reds man, and the autofire adds to the effect. The old blu devices don't even compare to this thing, way more powerful and amazingly compact, and because it's a salt device you get more of a throat hit and absorption so don't need to sit and puff huge clouds causing phlegm and irritating your throat.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
DTL actually does turn many people who want an alternative to smoking away from vaping. That is when they think all vape gear is meant for making big clouds. And if that is all they have ever seen they tend to say no thanks, I'd rather smoke.

There are actually a ton of people who think big clouds are more annoying than the smell of a cigarette. I work with many people who have told me on numerous occasions that they can't stand walking into a building where cloud busters are standing near the door. Tell that to the cloud making fan and the reaction is often they are offended.

Combine that with the uninititated non vaper, non smoker who sees a huge cloud being exhaled and their reaction is based on the visual aspect. They think "that can't be healthy." or "don't those things explode?" That is reality outside the cloud buster world.

For a person who is looking for a smoking cessation device a dual battery setup is typically not going to invoke thoughts of mimicing a cigarette. Once upon a time a vape device was called an e-cig for a reason. Soon after the vape pen began to change perceptions. These days calling a Legend outfitted with a Zues an e-cig is like calling a Hummer a grocery getter.

The Zero is a mighty fine smoking cessation device. Me? I would not call it an e-cig. Yet it has a cigarette-esque drag without looking like that thing one is trying to stop using. Easy to carry, easy to operate and readily available so the person who is fed up with smoking or wants to cut back it fills the need well. At my favorite vape shop, which is near a college and a military base the mtl devices sell as quickly as they can stock them. Not the case with big cloud machines and in my line of work, road construction I have witnessed in the year I've been vaping more and more pocket friendly devices being used by folks who last summer vaped huge clouds, or huge cloud folks gone back to smoking.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Regarding what's a "great" set up, whom it might work best for, its perceived advantages and disadvantages, etc.....all boils down to personal opinion and preference, IMO. There IS no "best" set-up or type of set-up, for all vapers...from beginners just starting out to very experienced vapers.

That's yet another one of the great things about vaping, IMO. The variety of set-ups is so huge...that each person can pick and choose the type, form factor, brands, etc. that work best for him/herself. It doesn't make someone else's choices wrong or worse than mine...just because they aren't or wouldn't be my choices. Just my :2c:.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
This is your opinion but it doesn't reflect reality.
To be fair, he did state it was an opinion.
"for some person that is just trying to stay away from smoking and want something to semi-mimic that those kinds of tanks/wattages are just totally unnecessary and turn many people away from vaping imo"
He's not wrong that cloud chasing doesn't closely mimic smoking like draw activated mtl.
And he's not wrong that cloud chasing, though there's nothing wrong with it if that's what anyone wants to do (whatever works for you!), it turns some people off, at least in the US. Just because a lot of people use them doesn't mean they don't turn some people off. And there's no doubt that massive clouds attract more attention than a tiny Juul puff, so more non vapers would be turned off by it or even afraid of it.

My cloud chasing 23 yr. old son went to pods a couple of years ago. He told me girls he was interested in were calling the devices "douche flutes". That's just one segment of the population turned off by cloud machines.

But this statement is untrue.
If you haven't notice every week more DL tanks/rta's/rda's are produced than MTL ones does.

Juul is mtl, and by itself probably outsells all other devices combined by 10/1. More pods are introduced each month (even by DL device manufacturers) than cloud machines.

So don't take offense, and keep cloud chasing if that's what you like, and what keeps you off of smokes. I'm just glad we still all have a choice (for now, anyway).

PartyMan1

Dec 28, 2018
The big 200W bricks with LEDs and quad clapton coils are absolutely the reason why vaping is associated with douchebaggery. Normal people prefer pods because they're not trying to call attention to their absurd hobby.

That just can't be healthy to be doing long term man, but what is they say I guess. I admit I was one of those douchebags when I first started vaping, it was all pretty neat to me. But then again when I was using DTL and MTL tanks/mods I still stayed in only the 10-14 watt range and produced 10x bigger clouds than any cigar would.. Don't see why anyone trying to "quit smoking" would need any more watts than that. Those SMOK mods/tanks just make me cringe, never buying their products again, not their pod either. After going back and forth to smoking a over the years, I'm feeling pretty confident this time. Really liking pods and also salt juice, like I said I think I get a better throat hit/effect from the salt too so that makes mods even less necessary for me now.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I was all in for the Zero for a while. I won a Vladdin RE and that's now my vape stick. But not far away as I type this are 2 Zeros.

With smoking all you get is burnt tobacco taste to varying degrees. With vaping you can go from root beer, to sour apple to tobbacco, to bubble gum, to breath mint to…… there's seemingly no limit these days. So while I vape a 6 strength berry flavor all day I with the RE I can grab a Zero for a 3 strength sour apple or if I need a jolt another is loaded with a 24 strength tastey sauce.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
The big 200W bricks with LEDs and quad clapton coils are absolutely the reason why vaping is associated with douchebaggery. Normal people prefer pods because they're not trying to call attention to their absurd hobby.
Well, vaping associated douchebaggery is obviously not limited to 200w mod users. Normal people prefer what works for them and what they enjoy.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I live I a limited world but those I know that tried vaping and didn't stick with it , or switch to pods, were because of the PITA factor.
Big mods use lots of battery. Gotta deal with that PITA. Big tanks has lots of juice. Gotta deal with that PITA. Some juices are drop in friendly, some are drop in nightmares. Gotta deal with that PITA. Big mod setups take up lots of pocket/purse/whatever room. Gotta deal with that PITA.
PITA is the words used by everyone I know that no longer uses big mods. Each had their own reason why it was a pain but that truism was the same across the board.
I personally have nothing against the big stuff and personally didn't find nirvana with my Zero either but I'm glad for those that find what works best for them because no matter what the device used, vaping is healthier than smoking tobacco

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The chief complaint of the Zero is lack of throat hit. It's so dang smooth that it seemingly causes the 'bang' against the back of the throat to be missing.
But the suction amount required to mimic a cigarette is spot on with the Zero.
Too smooth? Who'da thunk there could be such a thing?

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019

Normal people? So, I just learned, thanks to a heaven genius, that I’m not “normal people”? Maybe “normal people”, to be entitled to, needs to tell something else what they have to do in order to become “normal people”, too. Just “normal people” in Trump’s, Orban’s, Bolsonaro’s and Johnson’s era. Happy to not be a “normal people” these days... [emoji849]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread