wow noones tried this? My idea: does it suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acv987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Cleveland, ohio
Hey there! Newer ecig lover hear. I currently use a "liberty stix" brand ecig. From what Ive read it seems to be a re branded DSE103. My only real complaint is the size of the cartridge. It lasts a while, but I really only get good hits during the first 4-6 puffs.

I thought about possibly trying to make an extended cartridge by combining two of them, obviously cutting the plastic and reassembling it. Has anyone does this to any type of cart before? Results?

PoopOnHundos

Moved On
Apr 14, 2009
  • Deleted by Terraphon
  • Reason: Alternate account created by supplier

acv987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Cleveland, ohio
Thanks for your info, but I must not have described what I am thinking about.
Inside the plastic tip is the cartridge filled with the poly fill. I pan on removing two of the inner carts, and combining them together into one longer one. Then I would get two empty plastic mouth pieces and fashion them together at the proper length so the poly fill still touches the atomizer but is double in size.

Also I don't believe i am "doing it wrong". I get plenty of vapor, but the throat hit is only there for the fist 4-6 hits. I'm not saying it quits working. It just doesnt give me the power im looking for.

This isnt to say this isnt a great product. So far I am very happy with it. I have actually convince my fiance and my mother to both buy one. I appreciate that its made in America, and can be purchased locally as well.

ACV,
Obviously as the pres of Liberty Stix, I appreciate your business. I know that you have voiced the cartridge life length before. Maybe you have a LESS than optimal operating atomizer. Call our 877-TRY-STIX number and we can get you a replacement. Something is off.... pooponhundos, although goofy, is correct. I don't know who he is, but alot of bars in Ohio and the surrounding states buy my stuff and sell it so it could be anyone. With a name like pooponhundos you GOTTA take him seriously... :).

I agree on the 60-80, but the last maybe 20 get weak, but I don't get crazy because I don't wanna burn out my atomizers when the cartridge begins to dry...

acv987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Cleveland, ohio
ACV,
Obviously as the pres of Liberty Stix, I appreciate your business. I know that you have voiced the cartridge life length before. Maybe you have a LESS than optimal operating atomizer. Call our 877-TRY-STIX number and we can get you a replacement. Something is off.... pooponhundos, although goofy, is correct. I don't know who he is, but alot of bars in Ohio and the surrounding states buy my stuff and sell it so it could be anyone. With a name like pooponhundos you GOTTA take him seriously... :).

I agree on the 60-80, but the last maybe 20 get weak, but I don't get crazy because I don't wanna burn out my atomizers when the cartridge begins to dry...

Sebastian,

My post was no way an attempt to bash your product. I believe it works exactly as it should, and I like it quite a bit. I am a bit of an extremist. I tend to over due things. My carts give me plenty of vapor, and I have zero complaints. Its a mini, and it performs as a mini should from what I have been reading. I love the juice, and would love for it to come in bottled form. I think you could sell quite a bit after it caught on.

That being said, my post was really just for fun. I'm a tinkerer. I enjoy taking things apart, and making them better. Extending the cartridge size world just be something to do, and if it worked then great.

My fiance and my mom love the vapor production and hit of your product, and think im silly for messing with it.

Even if I had the best hitting Ecig ever, I am sure I would think of some type of mod I could do to make it a little bit better.

Its like having a fast car. Why not throw on an air intake and exhaust and make it faster? Its plenty fast for 99% of people but I like to take things to the maximum potential.
Thanks for the offer of the atomizer, but I really don't think I need one. My cig works great and I will continue to recommend it to my friends.

Andy

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
Thanks for your info, but I must not have described what I am thinking about.
Inside the plastic tip is the cartridge filled with the poly fill. I pan on removing two of the inner carts, and combining them together into one longer one. Then I would get two empty plastic mouth pieces and fashion them together at the proper length so the poly fill still touches the atomizer but is double in size.

Also I don't believe i am "doing it wrong". I get plenty of vapor, but the throat hit is only there for the fist 4-6 hits.

I think doubling the size of the cart is unlikely to help with your problem. My guess is that you're getting a strong hit when the atomiser is soaked in fluid from the top of the cart; as soon as the cart settles down to its normal flow of liquid to the atomiser it stays working but doesn't give you the large amount of vapour you get at the start. If I'm right, then doubling the size of the cart won't help you at all - it'll hinder if anything, because you'll be going twice as long between top-ups. There's also a question of whether the longer atomiser will wick properly. The extra length might simply result in a pool of fluid remaining at the bottom of the cart and never getting sucked through to the atomiser.

It sounds like you'll do better either dripping or topping up a small cart more frequently. One other thing I've heard of is people cutting a well in the filler for the atomiser so that more of it is in contact with the batting. That increases the amount of liquid which flows to the atomiser and gives you more vapour.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
I'm thinking that if only the first few puffs are giving a good throat hit, the problem is that the atomiser isn't draining the cart properly. If that's the case, I don't think a bigger cart would solve that particular problem...

edit: ahh Strayling beat me to it.

It's encouraging that at least two of us are thinking the same way.

Andy,
Thanks....and I will work on improving my product! I am working on a new atomizer and battery technology.

We don't bottle our juice because of the large population of 'misdroppers' the misdroppers are the people who were likely introduced to the product by a vapor geek (someone who researches e-cigs and knows ALL the ins and outs about the technology). The misdroppers have the HOW HARD COULD IT BE mindset when dripping liquid (this is the largest percentage of the population I might add). Consequently equipment, namely atomizers, fail when they "MIS DROP liquid and destroy the atomizers....then quality suppliers of product who stand behind their product suffer.

People who hustle their juice with no warnings or regulation are doing the industry an injustice. As we all know, the population as a whole is usually inept when it comes to anything that takes any skill or dexterity. We take that out of the equation by not providing our liquid in any other form but in cartridge.

Ask anyone in the industry how our customer service ranks and I guarantee it's number 1 across the board. However, we likely won't be able to keep it up if the charlatans keep marketing e-juice without any regard to the hardware and, cosequently, the financial ramifications of them selling juice to misdroppers....

FYI I don't know for sure, but I doubt Dura 510 carts will work. We have an atomizer that has a slightly larger circumference than a traditional DSE103....also, those other juices have stuff like ethyl heptanoate, which doesn't bode well with our atomizer life....

Last edited:

acv987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Cleveland, ohio
Thanks for the info. Im convinced you have great customer service, and a great product.
Andy,
Thanks....and I will work on improving my product! I am working on a new atomizer and battery technology.

We don't bottle our juice because of the large population of 'misdroppers' the misdroppers are the people who were likely introduced to the product by a vapor geek (someone who researches e-cigs and knows ALL the ins and outs about the technology). The misdroppers have the HOW HARD COULD IT BE mindset when dripping liquid. Consequently equipment, namely atomizers, fail when they "MIS DROP liquid and destroy the atomizers....then quality suppliers of product who stand behind their product suffer.

People who hustle their juice with no warnings or regulation are doing the industry an injustice. As we all know, the population as a whole is usually inept when it comes to anything that takes any skill or dexterity. We take that out of the equation by not providing our liquid in any other form but in cartridge.

Ask anyone in the industry how our customer service ranks and I guarantee it's number 1 across the board. However, we likely won't be able to keep it up if the charlatans keep marketing e-juice without any regard to the hardware and, cosequently, the financial ramifications of them selling juice to misdroppers....

FYI I don't know for sure, but I doubt Dura 510 carts will work. We have an atomizer that has a slightly larger circumference than a traditional DSE103....also, those other juices have stuff like ethyl heptanoate, which doesn't bode well with our atomizer life....

silentminja

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
First of all....extending the cartridge is not a good idea....the plastic does not contain the liquid. As far as hitting the liberty stick you are doing it wrong because i've been selling these things wholesale like hotcakes and i've gotten no complaints and the after cartridge last about 60-80 drags with the best juice on the market for sure.....american made! Go AMERICA!

Last time I checked we were ranked 15th worldwide in standard of living. Meaning right now on the scale of human development we are underneath Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Japan, Sweden, Netherlands, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Norway, and #1. Iceland. :D

Not to mention that America has been controlled by the corporations since they gained massive power through privatized banks, and the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. Since the whole purpose of a corporation is to make money, regardless of the impact on human beings or the environment, all a corporation really cares about is making a dollar at the expense of the people (I.E. if a corporation makes a product that causes a pollution violation of 150 million dollars, but makes them 400 million dollars, they make 250 million profit. Whereas if they take the steps to decrease or eliminate pollution it will cost 200 million in prevention costs to make 400 million... losing them 50 million dollars compared to the alternative... polluting). Being they have no agenda but making money, just because something is made in America doesn't mean it's the greatest, it could just as easily be a cheap product manufactured under fancy packaging claiming to be the best. The same thing holds true for Japan, or any other industrialized nation involving a business.

Therefore it essentially comes down to the moral conviction and honor-ability of the supplier itself, not the country that supplier resides in. I have had excellent results with Indonesian companies, and terrible results with American companies... and of course, vice-versa.

Ok... well that was my rant, lol.

I really want to see a completely custom cartridge that can hold 2ml.... that would be absolutely fantastic.

Maybe even a cartridge with a liquid reservoir and a push button for dripping while still attached to the atomizer :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread