WOW What a difference in my Reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
I am a newbie and have a Reo Grand. I was using a cisco 306 2.0ohm and thought I was having troubles squonking and learning all of this. Seemed like I was drawing air or flooding my atty's. It was recommend to me to try a 1.5 atty. I just got in the mail today a ikenvape 801 1.5 atty and WOW what a difference. It is like day and night. Glad I ordered 4 of these in 1.5 and 1.8 ohm. I just can not believe the difference. I thought I had vapors tongue. Could not taste my juice. Now I about fall over......LOL Think I will be using these in the future. Can someone show me how to clean these 801's. My old atty's had that plastic piece you pulled off and put on a drip tip. These have the metal tube that the bridge sits down into. It is not open and exposed like my cisco's were. Any help would be appreciated. Please excuse if I am not explaining this properly. Still trying to learn all of this! :confused:

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Everclear man here too--assuming you can get it in your state.
That said, if you're using attys that are black, I've found that the Everclear takes the paint off.
You'll see it in the residue of the container which your soaking them. You don't want to vape that.
After the soak, I like to rinse my attys to get rid of the paint residue. Just a little hot-water shower to remove the flakes.
Doesn't seem to be an issue with the Stainless attys.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I am a newbie and have a Reo Grand. I was using a cisco 306 2.0ohm and thought I was having troubles squonking and learning all of this. Seemed like I was drawing air or flooding my atty's. It was recommend to me to try a 1.5 atty. I just got in the mail today a ikenvape 801 1.5 atty and WOW what a difference. It is like day and night. Glad I ordered 4 of these in 1.5 and 1.8 ohm. I just can not believe the difference. I thought I had vapors tongue. Could not taste my juice. Now I about fall over......LOL Think I will be using these in the future. Can someone show me how to clean these 801's. My old atty's had that plastic piece you pulled off and put on a drip tip. These have the metal tube that the bridge sits down into. It is not open and exposed like my cisco's were. Any help would be appreciated. Please excuse if I am not explaining this properly. Still trying to learn all of this! :confused:

So you are using the 801 with an adapter?

I love the 801's on my Original Wood REO's! They really are good atty's!

The cleaning tips you got were great. You can dry burn them also after cleaning. It will help remove any left over gunk!

You might enjoy the 510 attys. You can get those L.R. also.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
Another cleaning tool is to get one of these cheap ultrasonic cleaners or one similar from a local retailer. They work great on eyeglasses too. Cheap vodka works well in them for attys. Haven't tried the vodka on eyeglasses, LOL.

If you're area is humid and you're worried about residual moisture causing mold to form inside (I shudder at thinking of inhaling mold...), throw them in a mason jar with white rice. Sucks the moisture right outta them.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
Thanks for all the advice. That is what I have my dirty atty soaking in right now is vodka. I also tried the polident. But may consider the ultra sonic cleaner also. And I like the idea with the rice. The thought of mildew does freak me out.
Nerak yes I did also pick up some 510's. I wanted to try a few different ones to see what I liked best. All are the LR. Purchased both 510 and 306's but in the 1.5 and 1.8 ohms. Also got some clear drip tips (recommend by old broad) so I could get a better visual on sqonking. And the stalth adapter from Avid Vaper. Then I bought the IKV 801 LR min in 1.8 and IKV 801 XLR in 1.5. Which is the one I am using now and love it. Seems to be a tighter draw and such a difference. Don't think I will ever switch back! Just such a different looking atty than the Cisco's I was using. With the silver permanent casing vs the cisco with the plastic you remove to add the drip tip on.

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Indonesia
801 atties are great. In my country Everclear are banned so I use 95% medical alcohol to clean my atty. BTW, if you don't mind spending $22 for an atty, you should try HH. 357. It's an excellent match for Reo, IMHO. And personally, I don't use any other atty after using one.

Don't worry, life's too short.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Thanks for all the advice. That is what I have my dirty atty soaking in right now is vodka. I also tried the polident. But may consider the ultra sonic cleaner also. And I like the idea with the rice. The thought of mildew does freak me out.
Nerak yes I did also pick up some 510's. I wanted to try a few different ones to see what I liked best. All are the LR. Purchased both 510 and 306's but in the 1.5 and 1.8 ohms. Also got some clear drip tips (recommend by old broad) so I could get a better visual on sqonking. And the stalth adapter from Avid Vaper. Then I bought the IKV 801 LR min in 1.8 and IKV 801 XLR in 1.5. Which is the one I am using now and love it. Seems to be a tighter draw and such a difference. Don't think I will ever switch back! Just such a different looking atty than the Cisco's I was using. With the silver permanent casing vs the cisco with the plastic you remove to add the drip tip on.

Wait until you discover the world of RBAs. it will be your next step, its inevitable......you'll see, you heard it here first! :vapor:

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
801 attys? I gotta try those someday...

20130222191940.jpg

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
Commie I would love to take you up on that one day soon. I live quite a distance from you. I am near Manistee but would be willing to make the drive for a real life tutor! Would be much better than youtube video's! Maybe once I can actually find and purchase a ERA I will contact you. And have to wait until all of this darn snow quits and melts. We still have so much snow on the ground I am wondering if it won't be until July before we actually see grass. But I would love to do it if you are willing to put up with a newbie!

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
The RBA is my next major step. Waiting to try to get an ERA but they are all sold out from Indyvapor. I guess the Chalice is the Biggie to try to get your hands on but those are also not available. I guess I will continue using what I have for now. Have about 8 new atty's I just purchased so not in immediate need. The 801's for me are just so much better than the 510's or 306's. Right now Ikenvape has the adaptor from the 510 thread to the 801's on sale for like two dollars. It is worth trying to check them out Medflap. I would be curious to see what you think. I am still green behind the ears so your opinion would be much more authentic. Let me know if you do try them. I am just still trying to figure this whole vaping world out yet!

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Commie I would love to take you up on that one day soon. I live quite a distance from you. I am near Manistee but would be willing to make the drive for a real life tutor! Would be much better than youtube video's! Maybe once I can actually find and purchase a ERA I will contact you. And have to wait until all of this darn snow quits and melts. We still have so much snow on the ground I am wondering if it won't be until July before we actually see grass. But I would love to do it if you are willing to put up with a newbie!

Just shoot me a PM if and when you're in the general area :)

As far as ERAs, they're nice, expensive, and hard to find. In a few weeks, hopefully, Rob will be releasing an RBA designed for use with Reos :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
i use A7s - under $20 from Empire mods! Fiddly - and by no means a Chalice but perfectly good enough and in stock! Besides - let me try to explain to mrs T that i spent $120 on ONE atomizer!

T

Magine trying to tell her you spent over $200 on one! My wife doesn't even notice what's on top of my REOs! Thank god.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Magine trying to tell her you spent over $200 on one! My wife doesn't even notice what's on top of my REOs! Thank god.

Ugh, that argument only makes sense if you're a non-smoker wanting to start vaping.

If, OTOH, you're a pack a day smoker in a place where stink sticks cost $5 per pack....

Reo Grand $150, 4 batteries $40, 50 ml of e juice $20 and a freakin' chalice $150. $360 total, OMFG! Holy Mother of God! Except you reach the break even point in 72 days, roughly two and a half months. If this setup lasts ONLY A YEAR, a smoker saves $1,465. And that's buying the highest priced RBA there is. That's not even counting the astronomical costs of smoking related illnesses that inevitably comes from continued analog use.

Funny thing is, I took my blinged out yellowjacket Grand with me into a restaurant last night, and was instantly surrounded by the entire waitstaff wanting to know about it. Oh, the disappointed, crestfallen faces after I told them the Grand costs roughly $150. Used the same analysis to explain that they've got a bullet proof long term solution that starts to pay for itself after a month of use, and half of them still didn't get it!

And everyone wonders why the US (and most of the people in it) are broke and/or in debt.

And if your spouse can't understand that argument, consider divorcing them. You'll probably be better off in the long run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread