The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

WTA juice tastes like oil?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by rbrookv, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rbrookv

rbrookv Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2017
    I just ordered some wta ejuice from umba Vapes and it's the only thing that's keeping me off cigs, but my problem is that I just got it yesterday and have been using it in my Nautilus mini and eleaf I power mod and it's supposed to be tobacco flavor and all I taste is the oil that's in it. On their site it says their juices are 70 vg 30 pg is there anything I can do to help get rid of the oily taste. I definitely don't wanna go back to smoking but then again I don't wanna vape pure oil either cause that's nasty in itself...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    I've never heard of juice tasting like oil. Can you just get something else? Any juice shops in your area? Don't go back to cigs. Find something else to vape.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rbrookv

Feb 2, 2017
    Well I would go to my local vape shop but the problem is they only sell the standard usp nicotine while umba has wta nicotine which is helping me much better than the nicotine that's sold at my local vape shop. I'm not craving a real cig with the WTA juice like I would with the regular juice at 24mg. I'm wondering would there be a way that I could go to my local shop and just get a bottle of tobacco flavored 0mg ejuice and just mix it with what I've got to improve the flavor without compromising the nicotine content in my current juice?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vapemesilly

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    If you mix 0 mg juice with what you have you will lower the nicotine level of that juice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rbrookv

Feb 2, 2017
    Oh well forget that option then lol it looks like I may have to get some get some 24mg juice and mix it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vapemesilly

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    A couple of times I've had some high VG juice that tasted a little funky. I can't say it tasted oily but it was a little funky. I left the cap off the juice bottle and let it sit overnight and that funky taste went away.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Nah stay away from umba. All their juices tastes oily and dirt'ish' to me.....I'm of the opinion their juices are salts with flavouring, not WTA...:confused:
    If you want real proper made WTA, go to Aroma. You won't believe how close to a real cig it tastes..and it scratches the itch to.:thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. crammit442

crammit442 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Out of curiosity, which specific WTA product did you get? I got a bottle of their "True" and couldn't stomach it. I got their "Pure" instead and it's not offensive at all.
    Charles

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah I got both and a few flavoured ones as well. True is just vile. Pure not that bad, but there is no WTA taste to it. The alkaloids in WTA gives it a distinctive taste. I only really realised it when I tried umba and aroma side by side...there really is no comparison for me...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    How many wta suppliers are there now, 4?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I only know of 3..
    MM, Aroma and Umba.

• Like Like x 1
  12. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Wholecig I heard wasn't too bad. Who's MM again? Ah, Mother's Milk...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah...good guy that. Gave me a whole hand full of freebies. I still soooo want to like his stuff :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    @r77r7r
    Interesting avatar you have. Mind to share the meaning of it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. rbrookv

Feb 2, 2017
    I got a bottle of their "True" flavored tobacco ejuice. I ended up throwing that nasty crap away!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    One word: Aroma.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Aroma is the gold standard, and there is little else to say.

I used Umbavapes unflavored WTA and I found it to be not as potent as Aroma, but for the price, decent and useful. I haven't vaped it straight, I usually purchase it in the nic strength that I want, and mix it in to my other (DIY juice) as we are talking perhaps 1/5 of a dropperful. That might be an option.

Ohm's vapes (which I believe is a sister site to Umbavapes) does offer WTA but only unflavored, and you can get 12, 24 or 36 mg strength (my understanding is the percentage of WTA is the same, only the nicotine level is changed. But, that could also be used similarly.

Aroma's WTA (DIY) is fantastic, has a slight nutty taste and aroma that is very nice. To be fair, I used Aroma in the throes of quitting, so it's hard to "compare" side by side, does the best with flavored WTA, in my opinion. It is truly excellent and very potent.

Mother's Milk looked (and tasted) like dirt. I made myself use it, but I did not order from there again.

Best of luck, I have found that using just a small amount of "pure' WTA mixed into regular juices (or even just into my tank) yields the best results (for me). Since I DIY that is the road I went down, but even trying to do that with Mother's milk WTA made things pretty unstomachable. The other two blended in nicely.... I got a hint of "nut" (maybe) with Aroma, and pretty much no taste with Umbavapes.

Best of luck,

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.