X6 battery lights up but wont charge or fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexjustdoit

Mar 28, 2014
Oregon
Hello all, just got my X6 (variable voltage, like an ego, but larger form factor. is this the right forum?) from fasttech. It worked perfectly last night, and I also charged it over night.

Now, when I stick it on the charger nothing happens. Ive tried pressing the button 5 times to turn it on, still nothing. It acts as if it is not connected to the charger at all. Yes I've heard that not all ego style chargers work with the X6, but I got it to work last night. I also took off the plastic housing of the charger and connected it that way so that hopefully it could get deeper into the well, still no dice

Even more concerning, it stopped working for a few minutes, worked again for 20, and now does not work. I can turn it on, and switch through the voltages, but I cannot actually fire either my evod or my aerotank with it, and as stated above it will not charge.

Any ideas? I've tried reseating my tanks various ways, cleaning the contacts with alcohol, if i can find a way to take it apart i might have to do that too

Edit: Tested it with multimeter... nothing. But then why does the button light up? Multimeter works, read my ego battery.

Last edited:

jimbill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
aurora,indiana
Alexhustdoit did you check the voltage coming from the charger you should have 4.2 volts.Also try and pull the 510 center pin up just a little like in this picture and see if that helps.

images.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread