X8 Carto Tank ala Fasttech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
fasttech is calling these tanks X8 electric cigarette atomizer. It's a carto tank with chrome caps & a screw in fiil port. It also has a screw horizontal in the bottom cap. Wondered if anyone has used these yet. I assume the bottom screw holds the carto in place. I read a discussion on this tank at the F.T. site and someone mentioned if the bottom screw is out it will leak down the center post. I wondered what that was about. Another thing is the top fill port hole is tiny. When you remove the screw the hole wont fit in my regular syringe I use which kinda sucks. I don't really want any sharp syringes around the house but want to use the fill port how it was intended. Any tips would be welcomed.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Have half a dozen of them, been using them for over a month. Love 'em! Need a needled bottle to fill them, which I have anyway. haven't really tried to use one with out the screws, although I had lost a screw, just switched it out for the fill screw and stuck a toothpick in it. Standard cartos is correct, non-flanged. Initially, these came with pre-punched, single hole cartos (the homemade style holes) but they are now coming with laser drilled holes.
Looks great on the KTS (GG China Clone), and has a short stainless steel drip tip.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
So will a boge reg carto fit the x8 ? There is a 5 mm difference between the carto that comes with it and a reg boge? Also will this tank stand taller then my agr2...?

Yes. It fits just fine. The carto it comes with isen't half bad. I ended up using one and it's working well.

saberflare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Japan
Been using one for about a month now with boge carto... Doesn't leak but I don't not like the fill hole even though I have the cap with blunt needle... The carto that came with it was DOA.. Read 9.9 on vamo numerous times and wouldn't fire.. Should a checked the resistance before filled the tank up :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Been using one for about a month now with boge carto... Doesn't leak but I don't not like the fill hole even though I have the cap with blunt needle... The carto that came with it was DOA.. Read 9.9 on vamo numerous times and wouldn't fire.. Should a checked the resistance before filled the tank up :banghead:

So how do you get these things to fill? (the initial fill was not a problem) I tried last night with a needle tip bottle. When I squeezed the liquid in it all leaked out the bottom of the carto.

Of course it would .. So how do you effectively fill these?

momzi

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
Nashville

I had the 9.9 issue on my Vamo, too. All you need to do is pull the center pin back up on the Vamo (I used one of those tiny screwdrivers for eyeglasses) and you're good to go. :)

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
On my X8 tank, after I used up the original 35mm non-flanged Boge 2.4 ohm single hole, single coil carto, I switched over to using 45mm long Smoktech dual hole, single coil, 2.5 ohm, FLANGED cartos. They work just fine, plus it raised my driptip 10mm.

I do the same thing and it works fine. I don't even use the "set screw" to hold the carto. You can grab the longer carto to screw it on your PV. Make sure the filler screw is in place though. Mine will flood instantly if you take a draw with the filler screw removed. The new ones only ship with one screw anyway according to Kamry. Mine only came with one screw.

http://www.kamrytech.com/Product/6453714414.html
each atomizer we sell comes with only one screw, as you can put the screw on the 2 place, that means the screw can fit both the hole on the side and on the bottom.

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
FYI linky

$6.23 Authentic X8 2.5ml Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
1336002-7.jpg

Interesting to say the least!

saberflare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Japan
So how do you get these things to fill? (the initial fill was not a problem) I tried last night with a needle tip bottle. When I squeezed the liquid in it all leaked out the bottom of the carto.

Of course it would .. So how do you effectively fill these?

Used a needle tip cap from Mt baker vapor.. Sucky thing is that I haven't found one that will fit a 30 ml bottle only the 15 ml bottles.. I haven't had issues with mine leaking at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread