Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Yep. Plan on 24 hours of down time. We hope to have it all finished long before that, but we have to plan for the unexpected. We're definitely not going to say it's just for a few hours as the actual database import will take several hours to do.

Liking this one under protest!! lol a day or even part of one without ECF, dang I might have to actually get a life!! :laugh:

OH - I KNOW ! ! ! It is going to be an undertaking of great magnatude to say the least. . . AND - That is why I have been posting a link to these threads to let people know that don't know yet . . . ;)

More Importantly -To be prefectly honest, given the forth right way in which this is being handled and done this time (especially given what's happened previously) I am on the same page as "You" are and WISHING THE ECF ADMINISTRATION & MODERATORS THE VERY BEST OF LUCK going foward in this endevor . . . Just Sayin' . . . :thumbs:

totally agree......I've been posting these everywhere too and encouraging people to come look at it. Not that they listen sometimes but hey. And with Uncle.......let me add my total Kudos to the way this is being done!! I know this thread takes more time.......but knowing what to expect before it happens is a huge benefit!! Especially for those of us not so techy proficient!! Took me almost 3 years to learn how to do smileys and 2.5 yrs to learn how to insert a video. :facepalm:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thought of something that I don't think has been addressed.......

I have a lot of posts bookmarked on chrome, will those bookmarks still point to those posts.....

and...... (this may have some bearing on ? 1) what about posts per page, will we have the option to set to 40 ppp, or some amt other than 10?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yep. Plan on 24 hours of down time. We hope to have it all finished long before that, but we have to plan for the unexpected. We're definitely not going to say it's just for a few hours as the actual database import will take several hours to do.

Then we have to go through and make sure all the permissions are good before we turn things back on and turn you guys loose.

So.. When the announcement hits, expect the site to be completely down for 24 hours. We do hope to have it back before then, however.

Tw-tw-tw-tw-twenty f-f-f-f-f-four???

I saw the multiquote demonstration and thought to myself, Katdarling will like this :)

:D How DID you know! ;)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I gots one. Don't think this has been asked about yet:

Will leaving iTrader ratings work any different (better)? Hoping for an easier way for sellers to leave those some times hundred+ ratings they need to do from the coops.

No, there will be no "batch" options to leave feedback.

Thought of something that I don't think has been addressed.......

I have a lot of posts bookmarked on chrome, will those bookmarks still point to those posts.....

and...... (this may have some bearing on ? 1) what about posts per page, will we have the option to set to 40 ppp, or some amt other than 10?

Bookmarks should work, although I'd recommend you replace them with the new URLs once things are back up and running. As for setting page lengths, no, this will not be possible due to the way the software deals with pagination.

Edited to add - The posts per page is 20 with the new software.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
i might have missed the answer to this...uploading images will be better, especially with drag and drop option in chrome, and the option to upload full size images instead of thumbnails...what about hot-linking images?

I usually don't want to have to download/save and then upload images that i post...

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
i might have missed the answer to this...uploading images will be better, especially with drag and drop option in chrome, and the option to upload full size images instead of thumbnails...what about hot-linking images?

I usually don't want to have to download/save and then upload images that i post...

IMG tags will work just as it has in the past. :)

And the drag and drop feature? You can drag an image from another site directly to the text box in XF. How cool is that?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Took me almost 3 years to learn how to do smileys and 2.5 yrs to learn how to insert a video. :facepalm:

No real change for smileys, but check this out.

All you need to do is post the URL for a video and XF will automatically parse it and embed it into your post. You won't need to use the video button on the tool bar to embed it any more.

For example:

This:

Bw454LP.png

Will turn into this:

5adg7xR.png

Slick, huh?!!

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
No real change for smileys, but check this out.

All you need to do is post the URL for a video and XF will automatically parse it and embed it into your post. You won't need to use the video button on the tool bar to embed it any more.

Ah... I only like the video thing if there is also a way to just post a link. On rare occasion I may want to share a video that's NSFW, so I will post the link with a warning instead of embedding. Still possible? If not, I guess I could just break the link.

Reactions: MattB101

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I saw the multiquote demonstration and thought to myself, Katdarling will like this :)

In the first videos on this thread...the fella' demonstrates how to do one quote...

Then (without explaining what he's doing)...he goes somewhere in some settings...and sets up an option for multiquotes.

Would you explain how to set up the "multiquote option" (or will it be ON by default)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread