Xen Foro tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Thanks! I didn't know about that. I can't watch videos anyway, so it would be great, and might make it so I can view pages with lots of videos on them!

edit: Firefox just updated, and all those versions are currently incompatible with the new version. I hope they update it!

you can set adobe flash to 'ask to activate' - this will stop the videos from loading but not the animated gifs

just go to add-ons in ff and set your preference ;)

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I love those little red numbers. I've also been hovering over "Inbox," right next to it, to see if there's anything there. Pretty much my routine every time I come on. :)
haha replying to myself. :laugh:
Forgot to mention that the little red numbers appear over "Inbox" too just like over "Alerts," when something's in there. ;)
I hardly ever get PMs - got one today, and BAM two little red numbers up there! :)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Hi gang!

Is there an easy way to add a thread post to your blog like previously? Nothing is obvious. The new blog window doesn't pick up any multi-quote selections. Are we left with simply copying and pasting? Thanks!

Hi aldenf...everyone must be asleep...:shock:

Maybe...try posting your question here:

Forum issues | Page 50 | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: aldenf

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Hi gang!

Is there an easy way to add a thread post to your blog like previously? Nothing is obvious. The new blog window doesn't pick up any multi-quote selections. Are we left with simply copying and pasting? Thanks!

Ensure you're in the actual blog entry and not the front page that displays all the entries. Click on the title of the actual blog post you wish to add a comment to.

As for the normal forum tools, they're not available in the blogs. The blogs are not a core feature and the developer of the addon didn't update to include the newer quoting tools of the software.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hi gang!

One nearly easy way to do so would be when you see a quote that you want to post in a blog, would be to click Reply on that post, then copy all of the quoted message (including code tags), then delete the reply and click the floppy disk icon and clidk Delete Draft (so the quote doesn't assert itself again later). Go into your blog post, and paste the entire bit. That should post the whole quote, to include the member who posted it, and a little link back to the original post as well.

Let me know if that doesn't work :)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
if alden is working with a mouse he can save some steps ;)
highlight the entire quoted post in the reply box then right click and choose 'cut' - do the 'delete draft' thing and mosey on over to the blog - now right click and choose 'paste' and there it is!
the mouse will safely carry one post ;)

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Ooh, I just got an error box: "You must wait 23 seconds before that action can be executed..."
Cool, is that to avoid those annoying double posts?

But then again, I did see Robino delete 3-4 posts (double post, triple post, french toast :lol: ) on another thread, so maybe not, huh? :laugh:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ooh, I just got an error box: "You must wait 23 seconds before that action can be executed..."
Cool, is that to avoid those annoying double posts?

But then again, I did see Robino delete 3-4 posts (double post, triple post, french toast :lol: ) on another thread, so maybe not, huh? :laugh:
ROFL that was the server hiccup that caused those. If people try to post to soon one right after another, it will give you that error. If the server is having issues, hard telling how many posts are going to duplicate! :facepalm: :lol:

I remember that though!! Too funny!! :laugh:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
How do I post a spreadsheet LINK in the new software without it putting the whole spreadsheet in the forum.....see this post
Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three | Page 539 | E-Cigarette Forum

also, is there a way to make to when you click on the post number to make a link to a specific post, that the entire box will highlight when you click that to copy it? Not a huge deal, but would make it much quicker if it would just highlight like most url boxes do when you click them. Please, and thank you. :)

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
How do I post a spreadsheet LINK in the new software without it putting the whole spreadsheet in the forum.....see this post
Copied from another thread:

to get a link for the sheet without it converting to media, type:

[URL='http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-z_V674p-5HYa9uzMqj1mq67da8-hnOOh2NNB2-ifgI/edit?pli=1#gid=0']The Itty Bitty Mods Spreadsheet[/URL]

and you'll get

The Itty Bitty Mods Spreadsheet

i.e., type
[URL='the url to the spreadsheet here in single quotes']the title of the spreadsheet here[/URL]
and it will post the link instead of the sheet.

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
is there a way to make to when you click on the post number to make a link to a specific post, that the entire box will highlight when you click that to copy it?
Not sure I understand the question, but if you triple click the url field, the whole field is highlighted.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA

also, is there a way to make to when you click on the post number to make a link to a specific post, that the entire box will highlight when you click that to copy it? Not a huge deal, but would make it much quicker if it would just highlight like most url boxes do when you click them. Please, and thank you. :)
I usually just right-click to copy the link. Didn't even know all that stuff came up if you click on the number. :thumb: Don't know if they've fixed it since this post, but link seems to be entirely highlighted now.

Reactions: Debadoo

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

[URL='http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-z_V674p-5HYa9uzMqj1mq67da8-hnOOh2NNB2-ifgI/edit?pli=1#gid=0']The Itty Bitty Mods Spreadsheet[/URL]

and you'll get

while i got you here, turt ;) - i have the opposite problem :?: all those sheets in media won't display at all for me - any ideas?
i had to hit reply to each of deb's posts to see where there might be a ss hiding ........... sigh

Reactions: Debadoo

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

and you'll get

i.e., type
[B][URL='[I][FONT=Book Antiqua]the url to the spreadsheet here in single quotes[/FONT][/I]'][I][FONT=Book Antiqua]the title of the spreadsheet here[/FONT][/I][/URL][/B]
and it will post the link instead of the sheet.

Alternate method...

Type the title you want the link to have, highlight it, click the Link button in the menu above the editor box and insert the URL there.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
while i got you here, turt ;) - i have the opposite problem :?: all those sheets in media won't display at all for me - any ideas?
i had to hit reply to each of deb's posts to see where there might be a ss hiding ........... sigh

tibs,

It' going to be related to the browser and/or computer you are using.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
tibs,

It' going to be related to the browser and/or computer you are using.

plenty of people with ff who see the sheets :( it's been my problem all along and come to think of it i might have traced it to adblock plus weeks ago ..........
is there a way to create an exception?

Reactions: VapingTurtle

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
plenty of people with ff who see the sheets :( it's been my problem all along and come to think of it i might have traced it to adblock plus weeks ago ..........
is there a way to create an exception?

Sorry... can't say... never cared for FF so I don't use it often and because of that... I have no add-ons. The add-on I'm using on Chrome ( uBlock Origin ) has a whitelist option on it... but I'm uncertain if the one you use has one or not... it'd be pretty easy for you to check since you've got it already, or so I'd think

Reactions: tiburonfirst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread