XHale o2 questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLabia

Moved On
Jun 2, 2010
Austin Texas
So, I bought an XHale o2 e-cig (xhaleo2 dot com) about a week ago, and Im trying to figure out why Ive started getting a funny burnt plastic taste that kinda burns my throat when I take a drag. This happens when I put a fresh cartridge on, and it makes me wonder if I burn out the atomizer, and if I did, how so fast?

Ive always made sure not to let it get dry, and Ive always kept a cart on there, even when I havent been using it. This just started yesterday, and this was after about 4/5 days of use.

Im also curious if anyones used these. I know theyre cheap, but they were perfect for trying it out. While I kinda like this way of smoking.

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated. If this is a super crappy model, feel free to suggest a better LOW BUDGET(Im broke as hell. lol) model that will work for a good amount of time, and is possibly refillable.:vapor::vapor:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Interesting; we just had a question about the XHALE O2 (not to be confused with the XHaler mod).

A thread (E-cigs at 7-11) on this model in the General E-Smoking Discussion forum started on 1/19/10 and is still going strong. The most recent posts discuss this very problem of burnt atty taste.

From what I've read, the XHALE O2 does not appear to be "super crappy model." But, if you are able to spend a few dollars more, there is an outstanding model you could switch to: the Joye 510 (35 bucks for a starter kit with two complete e-cigs). [Or, for only $10 (one complete e-cig), you can get a clone of that model: the Q-cig. It's not quite as good, but will satisfy in the short term and give you a sense whether or not to upgrade to the full-fledged version (or to try another).]

Another outstanding model deserving your serious consideration is the Kr8. The comparable starter kit is around $40. My recent review points out the pros and cons of each.

EDIT: I have just learned that the XHALE O2 cartridges are not refillable, at least with any successful results. It appears to be the XHALE O2's Achilles heel. The battery is very good; it generates good vapor and throat hit; and the claim of 100 puffs per cartridge is not as inflated as I thought (it's more like 70).

As it was for Achilles, however, such a flaw is a fatal one for long-term use. I understand that the cartridges don't taste that great and are fairly expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread