Xhaler - 801 Center Post Too Short for BE112's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Hello All,

I just received my Xhaler today, and it's great. I'm having an issue though getting my BE112 801's to work with the 801 tip on the Xhaler. Seems like the brass post is too short to make contact, and I'm not getting anything to the atty. Has anyone else run into this, or is anyone else able to run a BE112 on their Xhaler?

Thanks!

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Wait for drew on this.. might just need to adjust the center pin in the adaptor if possable.. again wait for drew.

That's what I'm thinking, although I don't see any way to adjust the height of the center pin on these adapters. Hopefully there will be a workaround of some sort. I have 50+ BE112's, as they're my 'main' atomizer. ;-)

Thanks!

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I feel your pain!! I buy those BE112's in bulk and have more on order. I'm hopeful that if they don't work the staple mod will do the trick!! I luckily have ONE 901 atty so at least I would be able to try the Xhaler.

Fingers crossed BE112's are a go somehow!!! Love that atty!!!

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Has anyone else run into this, or is anyone else able to run a BE112 on their Xhaler?

I do not have an Xhaler, but have run into this problem with BE112's on other devices. The center condutor on the BE112 is recessed slightly more than an 801. If the center conductors are not meeting, you need to determine if the adapter threads on the Xhaler do not allow the BE112 to screw down far enogh for proper contact, or, if the adapter on the Xhaler hits the collar around the atomizer threads preventing it from fully seating.

If you look at the bottom of the atomizer, you will see that the collar around the atomizer threads sits about 1mm proud of the threads. You might try filing off that little bit of metal from the collar and see if this helps.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
The BE112 'bottoms out' - hits the base of the Xhaler adapter - too quickly. This results in cutting off the airflow completely to the atty while not allowing the center post to touch the BE112's post.

Ugh - I really don't want to have to think about filing down my attys just to get them to work. Hopefully Drew has a way of rigging the adapter to make it work properly.

FYI - I also cannot get my RN4072's to work on the Xhaler 801 adapter. Yikes!

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay I have the same issue... The BE112's won't work for me either.

I had a RN4075 (901 style) and I can't get that to work either with the 901 tip. I'm waiting for a 2nd set of battys to charge to see if that is the problem. I can't get either atomizer to fire but I thought the RN4075 would work. I don't hear any firing of the atty.

I feel stupid, like I'm doing something wrong but... Off to try fiddling with the 4075 again.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
The BE112s work fine for me. Try this, batteries in, adaptor on, then push down while screwing on the atomizer. Screw on all the way, then back off a quarter turn, vape away.

That, unfortunately, doesn't work for me. Bottom line is that the 801 adapter is too short to run the BE112 properly as it stands. If I wiggle and really try, sometimes I can get a connection with the atty screwed all the way onto the adapter. Only problem is that this works intermittently, and completely blocks the airflow.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I cannot get the staple mod to work with this.

Anyone else have any ideas? I only want to use my BE112's with this, and I have over 50 of them. I need to find a way to make them work. ;-)

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
That, unfortunately, doesn't work for me. Bottom line is that the 801 adapter is too short to run the BE112 properly as it stands. If I wiggle and really try, sometimes I can get a connection with the atty screwed all the way onto the adapter. Only problem is that this works intermittently, and completely blocks the airflow.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I cannot get the staple mod to work with this.

Anyone else have any ideas? I only want to use my BE112's with this, and I have over 50 of them. I need to find a way to make them work. ;-)

Bigger, fatter staple?

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
......n this is frustrating. ;-)

The staple mod seems to just be shorting out. I think the outer ring on the 801 adapter is too narrow, and the staple 'ends' hit it no matter how short I snip them. So, no luck there.

And although I appreciate the soldering idea, I dint own a soldering iron and really don't see it as the kind of solution I'm really after. Not a viable long-term strategy. =]

Seems like my batteries wiggle a bit in the tube as well. This supports my hunch that my spring may be squished at the bottom of the tube. Problem is, I can't find a wY to extend it that doesn't seem risky. I'd hate to break this thing in the process.

What a buzz kill.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Syth! I'm having similar troubles. I REALLY thinking my 3.0 batteries are too short to make a connection - they wiggle quite a bit. I tried some 3.7 protected batts and they are a tight fit but will work. I don't want to burn my attys though w/ high volt.

Did you try 3.0 & 3.7's ?? Which wiggle for you?

I had a 901 atty on hand that I did get to work w/ the two 3.7's but not at all w/ 3.0's. I read the post above about connecting the BE112's and I did get it to work for a second but again only w/ two 3.7's. I can't get the 3.0's to work for NOTHING.

I will say that the design seems REALLY unique. The connections, the bottom cap to change voltage. I'm not freaking out that it isn't working yet (well I have my little chuck) but I KNOW that we'll get it sorted out! Others are vaping away happily.

You must share my bad damn luck - SORRY!!

SOoo, for those 801 users who do NOT use BE112's - What 801's do you use? Where do you get them?? I guess I want to know about 901's too? Which do you use, where do you buy?? I use the RN4075 901 that comes with mini screwdriver and the BE112 801's on my screwdriver classic and little chuck.

Anyone else have wiggly batteries??

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also tried the 3.0 Duracell non-rechargeables and they seem way too loose to make a connection to. I'm wondering if we don't have wonky springs...

The BE112 thing I'm still not sure about... I thought they were 'the' 801 preferred atomizer but I don't know. I am hopeful we can get them going since I keep doomsday stock of them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread