xhaler battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

*JC*

Apr 24, 2010
Austin, Texas
I have been trying to find an answer on which batteries would be better to get for the xhaler. I have been reading for about 2hrs and am still not sure which route to go. Is it ok to use RCR123A 3v 900mah protected Li-Ion's or is it better for me to use the RCR123A 3v 750mah LiFePO4's? I would like to use the first option as the mah is higher, but some posts I read say that the LiFePO4's have a safer chemistry and then in other posts say go with the protected non LiFePO4's because the discharge rate is lower on the LiFePO4's. Please help out and let me know which are the best ones to get to run the xhaler at 5/6v. Thanks in advance.

Looks like you pretty much got the research right. The LifePO4 are "safer", and personally the extra 150mAh isn't worth the extra risk or cost. The battery spring in the Xhaler will heat up and collapse to break the circuit in case of a short circuit and the bottom cap is vented to avoid catastrophe, so you can use whichever you prefer but for me the difference in longevity is not worth any additional risk so I went with the LifePO4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread