XHV atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I found that regular 510 atomizers does not work with the Super 6 at 6 volts. I destroyed 8 atomizers within a couple of days. I just received some XHV atomizers and waiting to see if this one will last.

The regular 510 atomizers work fine on the 3.7 volts.

I have only had my Super 6 for a couple of weeks but I love it.

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
I found that regular 510 atomizers does not work with the Super 6 at 6 volts. I destroyed 8 atomizers within a couple of days. I just received some XHV atomizers and waiting to see if this one will last.

The regular 510 atomizers work fine on the 3.7 volts.

I have only had my Super 6 for a couple of weeks but I love it.
Hey martha Don't mean to sound ignorant... But what is XHV?:)

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I think she's referring to Ikenvape's (and Litecig's?) eXtra High Voltage attys. the intent is to use them when vaping at 7.4 V (2 X 3.7) in lieu of 6 volts.

(Two 14250s in the S6)

I think it's nuts to keep raising the voltage AND raising the resistance in the atty. The electrician in me says lower the resistance in the atty and vape at 3.7. Same 9-ish watts as has been mentioned here numerous times.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I've used regular 510's on my S6 at 6 Volts, but they do get hot. Resistance is a little too low for 6 Volts. I think the 901s are 3.2 Ohms or something like that, and they do alright at 6 Volts. I've tried the 4.5 Ohm HV 510s also, they run like the 901 HVs. I like the 11ish watts I get out of the standard 901 though.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Hey Martha, I don't know how long you've been vaping at 6 volts. I know when I started I was going through atomizers left and right. I was lucky to get a day or two out of them. After 6 or 7 weeks of learning I'm now getting more than a week out of them. So there most definitely is a 6 volt learning curve. Glad you like the HV atomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread