xl 900mah manual/clearomizer leaking, why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linbel

Sep 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hello, I am having an issue with my new xl 900mah maual battery and clearomizer. I have tried out two of the four clearomizers. I fill them tilted as instructed without issues of touching the center hole. I fill them below the top black line about the second line from the top. I make sure both ends are tight. The first evening everything was flawless. By the third evening I unscrewed the clearomizer and notices a drop on my battery. Every time I vape now I unscrew to check and I notice a drop or a little moisture on the battery. I am worried about ruining my battery. Is this normal????

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
well the condensation would be the color of the liquid as it is going from vapor back to liquid...

if you are using a manual... it cannot hurt your battery though :p

It is the color of my eliquid, I had thought of that at first. I have never used a manual battery prior to this.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
great :) glad to hear it!!

Thank you so much, I was a little worried. I just love this new battery and clearomizer. I always hated the cartomizers, the taste and refilling. This is just the best ecig, I also noticed if I release the button and continue to inhale a few seconds this does not have the said leak.

cthompson116

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2012
Roswell
This may help: (I do not take credit for this, mentioned in another thread by imagine)

- Take an empty clearo with drip tip removed
- Place clearo upside down on a flat surface (Drip tip screw in part down)
- Put your hand on top of the battery end of the clearo and push down evenly (not to hard, but a decent amount of force)
- You may feel some movement as the top metal ring moves snuggingly on the plastic clearo

Every one of my clearo's has had movement as it sits on the plastic clearo better.

This has helped, but not completely solved leakage problems on the battery. Other things I do to prevent leakage:

- Only fill to 1.2 ml or so. and refill at around .4
- Do not tilt back while inhaling

I still get juice sometimes on the battery, but not to concerned cause you will know by the sounds it produces and a quick clean (tissue) solves the problem.

I'm pretty new to this, so take this advice with a grain of salt.

I have had 5 in rotation for three weeks and all but one are acting as brand new. The one ? is producing a burnt taste. I think its not wicking as it used too.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Linbel

Sep 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Chris, I will do this to my unused clearomizers. I did however experiment a little, if I release the manual buttom just seconds prior to my complete inhale it does not leave a drop. I still love this new setup so much. I am not going to be discouraged by a little leak. All in all I never like cartomizers. I am so glad SI came out with this system prior to me changing eciggies all together. I love it :)

rosepetal

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
My World
same here,,linbel,,,clearo works great when sealed,,,somehow juice is getting the center pipe while filling,,,,i just fill em off the batt,,tired of cleaning the battery!,,ill have to see if it happens w/ a syrnge fill,,,capillary action from bottle feeding,,who knows,,

I fill the clearos with a syringe and I've found that works great for me. Then when I go to add the battery to the clearo, I turn the clearo so the mouth piece in down. I then take the 2X and make sure the end of the battery seats against the clearo and then twist into place. If I don't seat the battery correctly I get leaks.

Zap

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Rhode Island
www.youtube.com
One of the factors I've noticed in getting small leaks down the air tube is battery strength. In addition to capillary action, these wicks seem to be fed by the actual suction of your inhale. When the battery is getting down to the end, the coil doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the amount of juice reaching it. You'll also notice the draw stiffen a bit as this happens. It's also important to keep the threads and center post clean, as they have a tendency to oxidize (as all e-cig connectors do) which cuts down on the amount of current reaching the coil. A bit of alcohol on a paper towel and a fingernail to get down into the threads works well to take care of it.

Also, I get condensation all the time on battery posts no matter what I'm using. I'm a chain vaper, so there's always plenty of vapor to condense. It happens more on autos, as you can't as easily clear the draw tube of vapor as you discovered on your manual. The easiest way to tell the difference between a leak and condensation is the size of the drops. Condensation is usually very tiny droplets spread out over the post. They will come together and form a drop, but it takes a pretty long time for that to happen on a battery post.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
This may help: (I do not take credit for this, mentioned in another thread by imagine)

- Take an empty clearo with drip tip removed
- Place clearo upside down on a flat surface (Drip tip screw in part down)
- Put your hand on top of the battery end of the clearo and push down evenly (not to hard, but a decent amount of force)
- You may feel some movement as the top metal ring moves snuggingly on the plastic clearo

Every one of my clearo's has had movement as it sits on the plastic clearo better.

This has helped, but not completely solved leakage problems on the battery. Other things I do to prevent leakage:

- Only fill to 1.2 ml or so. and refill at around .4
- Do not tilt back while inhaling

I still get juice sometimes on the battery, but not to concerned cause you will know by the sounds it produces and a quick clean (tissue) solves the problem.

I'm pretty new to this, so take this advice with a grain of salt.

I have had 5 in rotation for three weeks and all but one are acting as brand new. The one ? is producing a burnt taste. I think its not wicking as it used too.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Thanks for this hint. I was having a lot of problems with juice on the battery and with a lot coming in my mouth. It was getting so discouraging that I began regretting buying them, I tried this and the silver ring dropped by about a millimeter. Now there is o leaking on either end. I guess the drip tip couldn't seal well because of that gap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread