XL Batteries - Extra Hot Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffice

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
In front of this screen
I have been getting this a lot more with the new premium carts on any size battery and as the OP said it is usually because the wire is crooked.

This is happening to me also, could you explain what wire you are talking about? Do you mean where when I take the cap off to refill the piece under the rubber cap?

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Kinkachoo....I just gotta ask. What kind of animal is that as your avatar?? (Sorry for the interruption, folks....but I just can't figure it out.)

Umm, I believe it's a kinkachoo...;)

Like so...
mysterycreature.jpg

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
The size of the battery only effects it's capacity, not it's voltage output.
The only reason for the xl batteries to run hotter than others is the breather hole size.
The breather holes on the xls are the smaller than most othe batteries. The lesser airflow allows the cart to heat up even more.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
From everyone's favorite..Wikipedia..

The kinkajou (Potos flavus), also known as the honey bear (a name it shares with the sun bear), is a rainforest mammal of the family Procyonidae related to the olingo, ringtail, cacomistle, raccoon, and coati. It is the only member of the genus Potos. Kinkajous may be mistaken for ferrets or monkeys, but are not related. Native to Central America and South America, this arboreal mammal is not an endangered species, though it is seldom seen by people because of its strict nocturnal habits. However, they are hunted for the pet trade, for their fur (to make wallets and horse saddles) and for their meat.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
From everyone's favorite..Wikipedia..

The kinkajou (Potos flavus), also known as the honey bear (a name it shares with the sun bear), is a rainforest mammal of the family Procyonidae related to the olingo, ringtail, cacomistle, raccoon, and coati. It is the only member of the genus Potos. Kinkajous may be mistaken for ferrets or monkeys, but are not related. Native to Central America and South America, this arboreal mammal is not an endangered species, though it is seldom seen by people because of its strict nocturnal habits. However, they are hunted for the pet trade, for their fur (to make wallets and horse saddles) and for their meat.

Yep thats what she is.
I got her about 8 or 9 years ago. My ex wanted her and then left her with me when I told him to go. I recently found her a better home with more attention than I can give and a bigger enclosure. She is now with a local reporter. She will be helping him educate people about the importance of our rain forests.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
She is absolutely ADORABLE Kinkachoo! What's she nom'ing on in the picture there?

Sorry you had to give her up, must have been heartbreaking for both of you..:oops: :cry:

The pic was taken last New Year's Eve. She escaped from her cage. When we got home we found her hanging out in her food storage. Kink's love alcohol because they eat fermented fruit in the wild. She didn't want to go back to her cage so I coaxed her with a little sip of my wine cooler.

It took me a long time to decide that she would be better off in another home. I can't stand people who get animals and throw them away after a while. I use to do small exotic pet rescue so I have heard and seen it all. I felt like a hypocrite giving her away but on the other hand I know that she is in a much better home attention and space wise. I can visit her if I want to. It took me 6 months of interviewing nut jobs to find her the right person. I think I did ok. I do miss her.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
The pic was taken last New Year's Eve. She escaped from her cage. When we got home we found her hanging out in her food storage. Kink's love alcohol because they eat fermented fruit in the wild. She didn't want to go back to her cage so I coaxed her with a little sip of my wine cooler.

It took me a long time to decide that she would be better off in another home. I can't stand people who get animals and throw them away after a while. I use to do small exotic pet rescue so I have heard and seen it all. I felt like a hypocrite giving her away but on the other hand I know that she is in a much better home attention and space wise. I can visit her if I want to. It took me 6 months of interviewing nut jobs to find her the right person. I think I did ok. I do miss her.

Ohh, so sorry AGAIN Kinkachoo! But, it sounds like you did what was best for her...that's the biggest thing ANY pet owner can do and it takes a LOT of strength! I'm sure she's a happy baby!! Glad to hear you can visit her too! Very sweet! :wub:

BIIIG Kinkachoo hug!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread