XL Cartos with "standard" length IBTanked tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I just got a "standard" 19mm IB tank. (I alredy have 2 XL 19mm IB's nd love them). But all I have are XL cartos. I put one in the short tank, filled the tank and primed the carto. I got a few good pulls of the tank, then it started to taste like it was going dry.

I did a few un-powered draws, but to no avail. If I prime it again, I get one or two good hits, then it starts to taste dry again.

These are the XL 2ohm single-coil, two-hole (laser punched) SMOK cartos from IBTanked's website. They work fine in my XL tanks, but this one just doesn't seem to be working in the short tank. It's been sitting for about 4 hours, and no progress.

So, am I missing something? Did I forget something? Is there something about the physics of an XL carto and a "standard" tank that are not compatible?

Help...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's more than likely just a bad carto. (It happens...with nearly all brands of cartomizer) :-x

This guess is assuming that you did everything the same with the carto in question (pre-filled the carto, same juice, same method of assembling the tank, etc). An XL length carto should "work" or vape just fine in a standard size tank, the end of the carto will just stick out the top of the tank farther. Not true the other way around; a standard size carto is not long enough to function in an XL tank.

The juice hole(s) on the carto are inside the tank and not blocked, right? The tank's bottom endcap should be positioned against the flange of the Smoktech carto.

tank lengths.jpg HighDesert3.jpg XL carto in a std length tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread