Xmas VapeMail and my first Genesis xp ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vansslipon

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Finally got my first today... and that is an AGA-T3.

So I came home about 6 hours ago... start building my first coil on my very first genesis style atty. I made SS mesh wick which came out just perfect (I guess :D). When time came to build a coil... OMFG!!! I spent about 2-3m of wire... hotspots, shorts, metallic taste, fired up it for a few times! Finally built one 1.3Ohm coil, seems like no hotspots, but it keep shooting at my tongue time to time with hot liquid and a bit of metallic taste in a vapour :(

I have few RDAs (Chimbus, IGO-W and IGO-W4)... have no problems there. Setting up new coils once a week with no problems.
I must say my XP with AGA-T3 is something new and as far as it is -it's awful :D not the best Genesis atty for sure. My fingers hurt alot at the moment. Once unscrewed it in wrong place so got liquid all over my hands and table :D

I were wondering what to buy AGA-T3 or TD and i guess TD wins :D but damn i got wrong one.

So ... my question is how to eliminate this metallic taste and is it ok that it keeps shooting at me like that.

Hill

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Texas USA
You could try using a cotton wick that will take care of the metallic taste. The shooting thing just happens with gennies not sure if you can do anything about it. I have 2 AGA-T2s that I love. I just take out the extra screw get a length of cotton feed it down 2 of the holes then position it just under the coil poop in a diaper I believe its called. Works very well and no metallic taste and don't have to worry about shorts.

vansslipon

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
here is a pic
photo.jpg

stylezuk

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Congrats :2cool: You'll be glad you got the T3 and not TD the TD stands for Tedious get it right and it pays off but the amount of gap between the wholes and centre post is massive with a lip to work around and you have to get 2 coils to work since the air holes only set up for dual coil, i use mesh when build but did use cotton in the TD for a while and ran sweet but just find mesh is the way to role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread