Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ok. With the tax season here I have expanded my vape gear to the sub ohm world. I have been vaping for years. I have a vast understanding of ohms law. Battery safety, amp draws, coil building ext ext. I decided to buy the smoktech m80 plus. Reason being. Its the best quality watt for your buck variable mmod you can buy.

If anyone has any information on this. Please enlighten me.

Good luck with dat. ~> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rning-smok-m-80-defect-near-horror-story.html

But hey if the price is cheap enough...

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Temp control could really just be done by having the device ask you what gauge coil youre using...
Ohms are read, gauge is input, temperature set by calculating watts to temp through heat flux.

Unfortunately it's nowhere near that easy. That doesn't take into account airflow, coil configuration, or juice. Airflow of the device, and how a person takes a draw have a big effect on the temp of the coil. As does the type of juice being used, and the way the coil itself is wrapped and wicked.

I'm not saying it isn't possible for someone other than Evolv to figure out temp control but it can't be done with just calculation, there needs to be real-time monitoring of the coil.

Meh, I've seen/read about higher priced mods autofiring. Hell, one of the THREE rdna devices I had did it. Note that I don't have a rDNA because ALL three were faulty. I paid more in RMA shipping costs alone, than the price of the m80.

When cheap devices have issues it means it's a horrible product and the company is garbage. When high-end devices have issues it just means we need to be more patient and realize electronics are prone to failure ;)

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
Firmware is up and available. So far so good. Ramp up is fine and getting zero dry hits.How to upgrade your M80 plus

So does it fix the TC delay issue? Were you talking about nickel wire or kanthal wire on "Ramp up is fine and getting zero dry hits" even though I think you are talking about TC but just wanna be sure. Anyway I just ordered one from 121vapes.com with coupon code "121cotton", and it's less than $53 shipped. If it fixed the issue that will be great, but if it doesn't, fook it, it's still cheap for an 80 watt box. I have pre-ordered this long ago but backed off after watching different reviews, now I am back in the game. I can't wait! :)

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Yep. I did find a problem though. It will vape the coil dry, but if you fire it a couple times after that it will override the temp protection and a fire will happen. Worked pretty well with my lemo though. I took like 4 10 second hits in quick order and no dry hits. Far from DNA 40 precision, but decent for what it is. A 50 dollar, 80 watt box.

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
Yep. I did find a problem though. It will vape the coil dry, but if you fire it a couple times after that it will override the temp protection and a fire will happen. Worked pretty well with my lemo though. I took like 4 10 second hits in quick order and no dry hits. Far from DNA 40 precision, but decent for what it is. A 50 dollar, 80 watt box.

Sounds good to me. Thanks! Now vapemail time. :)

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
how the failure rate been so far?

Does it really deliver 80 watts?

Vapingwithtwisted did a side by side test with the ipv 50watt , i stick and the , smok m50.

And he concluded that the smok m50 was undervolting and not delivering the full 50watts.

I've had mine for over 3 weeks and have not had any problems at all. I upgraded to the software pach and the TC is working great.
To me for the price you can't go wrong. It's my everyday beater mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread