Xtar SC2 the very first QC3.0 supported Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
xtar has brought a very interesting charger IMO on the market with the name SC2.
SC2-ShenZhen XTAR Electronics Co., Ltd
For us who don´t know, the QC Quick Charge (Qualcom) 2.0, or 3.0 is a technology, that has been developed mainly for mobile phones and powered at levels above the 5V and 2A, in order to speed up the charging time:
Quick Charge - Wikipedia

This very small sized Charger can deliver charging current like the big chargers without needing a big heavy Power-supplier.

I use this charger with my own QC3.0 5V Power-supplier, which is not part of the packaging and can charge one NCR20700B (around 4200 mAh) in around 90 minutes. 2 of them are fully chargerd after 120 - 130 minutes.

In my opinion Xtar with this charger has shown, that they are coping with new technologies on the market and solve future problems. Our batteries in new sizes of 20700 and 21700 have higher capacities in comparison to 18650 batteries, and so far we didn´t have any compact size charger, that is able to charge so fast.

I have only one critical point and one recommendation. First I wish the SC2 would be a bit more fancy (in terms of LC-Display and not LED), further it would be nice to see a 4-slot charger working on the same QC in the future

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
Micro-USB with QC 2 or 3 is so three years ago.

USB-C with the USB PD 2 standard is what a newly released product should be using. :)

QC 4 is ostensibly compatible with USB PD.

You are right...but beside of Xtar all brands are still using the old Micro-USB, and why? because maybe there are no really lots of manufacturer of chargers?! and all are rebranding the same chargers coming from one, or two different manufacturer?!
Xtar is according to my information one of the very fewest "manufacturer"

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You are right...but beside of Xtar all brands are still using the old Micro-USB, and why? because maybe there are no really lots of manufacturer of chargers?! and all are rebranding the same chargers coming from one, or two different manufacturer?!
Xtar is according to my information one of the very fewest "manufacturer"
Vape stuff always seems to be a bit behind the times. About five years ago, there were still new vape devices being released with mini USB sockets. Hello? The USB standards group had deprecated mini USB more that five years before then!

I have to say, I really do like my XTAR chargers and flashlights.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread