XTAR VTC4 - physical comparison to other cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I received my four xtar VTC4 flat tops on Friday. They are definitely taller than their Sony branded counterparts. The xtar cells have four leg positive connectors rather than the three legs on the OEM Sonys. xtar is doing more than just throwing their wrapper on pre-built Sony cells.

Pics show the XTAR VTC4, Sony VTC5, and Samsung 25R. You can clearly see how much taller the XTAR cell is. Not only is the body of the cell taller, the positive connector is raised rather than flush like the VTC5.

They do fit in my IPV2 thanks to the spring loaded negative post. It's a tight fit but it goes in there just fine. They do *not* fit in my Hana clone - not even close. I haven't tried them in my Super-T Workhorse but if they even have a chance of fitting I'll need to do some work on the switch... which I probably won't bother with since I have several VTC5s I use for it. So, I guess the four XTARs I purchased will be dedicated to the IPV2. If the IPV3 uses the same battery terminals as the IPV2, they should work fine in that box as well.

Taller than than the VTC5 and 25R:

9xLqan.jpg

Domed positive connector:

9OqTAR.jpg

Four leg positive:

qydYZF.jpg

Installed in the IPV2:

4LMQso.jpg

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
The XTAR flat tops do fit in a Sigelei 100, as shown below. They must be inserted straight down and with a bit of muscle. Very tight fit. If the ribbon ever broke I'm not sure they'd come out without having to pry them out with a tool. So, be advised that they fit but are very, very snug.

HporZ2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread