Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Thanks for the link. I bought one and it's a nice charger. It charges slower than the Pila, but the batteries come off the xtar cooler than they do off the Pila. For some reason, batts that only charge to 4.12-4.15 on the Pila, will charge to 4.19-4.21 on the xtar. For around $20.00, I just may get another one.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Good all round charger.
Not of the level of the Pila but it does its job well.
And why is it "Not of the level of the Pila"? It does what it's supposed to do and seems more versatile and easier to use than the Pila.

Thanks for the link. I bought one and it's a nice charger. It charges slower than the Pila, but the batteries come off the Xtar cooler than they do off the Pila. For some reason, batts that only charge to 4.12-4.15 on the Pila, will charge to 4.19-4.21 on the Xtar. For around $20.00, I just may get another one.
That's interesting, I see that as a plus.

Although a bit long Xtar's 2600s (18650 Sanyo) cells are also solid performers besting the AW2900/Panasonics on voltage and vapetimes.

XTAR 18700 3.7v 2600mAh Sanyo Protected Batteries x 2 | eBay

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
RTD Vapor.

anyone know where to get extra spacers for this charger? I just got mine in the mail today. I ordered 2 spacers and found that you need 2 of them to charge 1 18350 and I like to charge 2 at a time and didn't realize you needed 2 of the spacers to charge one 18350. But !! it does indeed charge fast!

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I loved this charger when I got it, but I started having issues with it after 2 months. The led light on the left channel lags the right channel during testing (takes an extra second to go through its sequence) and the light completely shuts off when I put a battery in it. I have not tested it to see if it's putting current through the channel. I think I'm just going to bit the bullet and go for the Pila. With all the dead chargers I have, it will be cheaper in the long run.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I loved this charger when I got it, but I started having issues with it after 2 months. The led light on the left channel lags the right channel during testing (takes an extra second to go through its sequence) and the light completely shuts off when I put a battery in it. I have not tested it to see if it's putting current through the channel. I think I'm just going to bit the bullet and go for the Pila. With all the dead chargers I have, it will be cheaper in the long run.
Get a hold of Xtar as they come with a 2 year warranty, providing you did register it.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Get a hold of Xtar as they come with a 2 year warranty, providing you did register it.

Did not register it (you shouldn't have to as long as you have the receipt). Not sure where I'd have to send it to, and if it happened to be over seas shipping costs would not have been worth the effort.

Turns out the red led on the right channel is out but it's still charging fine. Not particularly thrilled with the quality of the unit but at least it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread