XTAR WP2II battery charger / Spacer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I was going to purchase one of these, but had a few questions about a specific type of spacer that the vendor recommended. They (Lighthound) recommended a 15mm aluminum spacer (15mm Charging Spacer Aluminum). Had a few questions regarding these.
1) Has anyone had any experience with these type of spacers (What are the advantages / disadvantages of this spacer over the basic type) ?
2) How many spacers would I need to charge the following batteries in sets (AW IMR 18350, 14500, 18490) ?

Any suggestions / feedback would be appreciated. I would like to get some outside opinions so I can compare notes before I make a purchase.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Take a peek at SuperT

Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

XTARWP2.jpg.w300h200.jpg

xtar WP2 II Dual Channel Charger: $19.69

It comes comes with 2 spacers.

* 16340 or 18350 batteries require 2 spacers (sold separately) per battery.

Get two more for a buck and you are good to go.

XTAR WP6 Extra Spacers Each: $.49

And in event of a problem you will have much better luck with a long time trusted vendor who posts here over Lighthound.

Last edited:

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
On the xtar wp series chargers its best to go with the xtar spacers, they are cheap and screw into each other so you don't have to fiddle with a loose spacer I have a wp6 (has springs instead of the sliders) and once I have the spacers set for the batteries they stay put and wont come off unless I remove them.
as stated super t has them, as well as rtd vapor and numerous other venders.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Sweet charger, good price, I just ordered a second (310 vaper has good pricing right now). With no spacers, switch set to "2", the 1 amp max current charges even big 18650s in just a couple hours. With two pairs of spacers, switch set to "1" (500 mA max), you're good to go on shorter xx340 or 350 batteries.

I also just use the XTAR spacers, they're simple, cheap, do what they are supposed to.

Xtar bundles in a car cig lighter adapter, so you can power the charger off a car battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread