Status
Not open for further replies.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
15091986060731906151307.jpg
I bought an xxx 18650 yesterday. On the battery it says 20 amp continuous 3000 mah and 40 amp. Cost me ten quid from a local b&m . So far it seems ok. For two it would of cost me 17.99 but I only wanted one. Anyway what it says on the battery seems about right. Rather have a xxx than an efest.

Last edited:

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
View attachment 696651 I bought an xxx 18650 yesterday. On the battery it says 20 amp continuous 3000 mah and 40 amp. Cost me ten quid from a local b&m . So far it seems ok. For two it would of cost me 17.99 but I only wanted one. Anyway what it says on the battery seems about right. Rather have a xxx than an efest.
mines been working great

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Just so y'all understand that the following are true:
  • It's a rewrap of an LG or Samsung
  • You don't know what's really under the wrap
  • It's not a first quality cell that LG or Samsung was willing to sell under their name

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If people are happy using rewraps and batteries from goodness knows where, I don't think you are going to convince them, Coastal Cowboy, but maybe the above will be helpful to someone else.

Dang, batteries (even buying AW for my provaris, which were ridiculously overpriced) are pretty cheap! In fact quite often, the NON-rewraps are cheaper than the rewraps, but you can't convince some people. I'd rather buy authentic, be patient until they arrive, and be sane about my battery choices.

But, (Idiocracy). Sometimes during political seasons, I feel that movie should be played over and over prior to elections, on ALL channels. Maybe the same should be done in vape shops and elsewhere where people sell (and buy!) rewraps.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I'd probably place battery safety over EVERYTHING else. Apart from ejuice and coils, maybe buy ONE less mod than you can afford, and spend the rest on decent batteries.

I guess batteries aren't "sexy". Neither is having a wooden arm with a hook attached.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I got a radius with a battery in it from a vendor, and I promptly gave it to my husband to recycle. I have absolutely no idea how long that battery was in there (it was one of the brown LGs I think) but I have absolutely NO way of knowing how that vendor treated that battery, how old it was.... No thanks. I trust hardware because I can clean it and check out its workings (tanks as well) but batteries, absolutely not. I replaced it with a very high quality Sony battery that I bought from an approved vendor.

I look at it this way: I paid premium for a mod that is now hard to obtain (though I did get a great price, actually), but I'm not going to waste that on a battery I know nothing about, triple XXX or not.

Granted, I tend to be cautious, but I'd be very upset if I toasted my mod for want of an $8 battery... I think I know where to splurge, and where to save money, and batteries are Not It. If I had a brand new mod from a vendor with a battery in it, I'd probably chuck that as well, if it was a rewrap, even one tested by Mooch, as there's absolutely no way of knowing if rewraps are consistent across the board. Why not use one of your authentic batteries instead?

Anna

Reactions: pfaber11

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I got a radius with a battery in it from a vendor, and I promptly gave it to my husband to recycle. I have absolutely no idea how long that battery was in there (it was one of the brown LGs I think) but I have absolutely NO way of knowing how that vendor treated that battery, how old it was.... No thanks. I trust hardware because I can clean it and check out its workings (tanks as well) but batteries, absolutely not. I replaced it with a very high quality Sony battery that I bought from an approved vendor.

I look at it this way: I paid premium for a mod that is now hard to obtain (though I did get a great price, actually), but I'm not going to waste that on a battery I know nothing about, triple XXX or not.

Granted, I tend to be cautious, but I'd be very upset if I toasted my mod for want of an $8 battery... I think I know where to splurge, and where to save money, and batteries are Not It. If I had a brand new mod from a vendor with a battery in it, I'd probably chuck that as well, if it was a rewrap, even one tested by Mooch, as there's absolutely no way of knowing if rewraps are consistent across the board. Why not use one of your authentic batteries instead?

Anna
I am using the hg2s.
I just ask about the xxx !

Reactions: stols001

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for sharing that list. I hadn't heard of RTD or Orbtronics before.
I've been buying my batteries from RTD for nearly 5 years. Great selection, great prices, fast service, authentic brand names. THE go-to source for batteries for many ECF vapers.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
You know Anna I do agree with you even though I bought a xxx battery. The one I got seems ok though. Wouldn't recommend rewraps bought mine on a whim as I was in the shop and that's what they had.

Sorry to pick you out but I see posts of this kind quite a lot. Just because it hasn’t gone bang yet, it doesn’t make it “ok”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread