• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Yank has UK battery-charging question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
I'm leaving for the UK on Sunday and it just struck me that I have no way to charge my KR808 batteries. I used to live over there and still get there a couple times a year, so I have an assortment of plug adapters but am assuming that I need some kind of transformer..... I didn't think of this in January when I quit analogs. Any suggestions?

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
If you can get a US mains electricity plug with a USB adapter in it (the thing that should be used for a PT), then that can be used in the UK with a travel plug (multi-adapter type), which you can buy in the US or UK. There may physically be an issue with a chain of plugs that might need supporting, of course :)

However if you look at the specification plate on the bottom of your KR8 charger, you will almost certainly find that it accepts 100v to 240v AC, 50-60Hz. This means you can plug it in a US, UK, or EU socket (basically anywhere). Whatever you put into it, you get 4.2v DC out.

All you need then is a travel adapter plug. The US and EU use a two-pin system, in the UK there is a much more robust 3-pin system. An adapter available anywhere fixes that. Adapters can vary, so just check that the two flat pins of the KR8 charger cable fit in the back of the travel adapter, and that it has a UK 3 square pin option on the front.

Sorted.

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Awesome only too glad to help... Good call on the usb adapter Rolygate.

Lisa what part of the UK are you visiting ?

Richmond (Upon Thames), then Kent for a wedding at Hever Castle (I'm excited about that - Anne Boleyn's childhood home and all!), then Marlowe. Used to live in St. Albans for six months, bought a house in Dunstable, lived there for a few years and moved to Chicago in 2000. I miss it over there and return two or three times per year. I miss my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread