Yay!!! First DIY flavor order!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    First DIY flavor order!!!

I could not have done this without the help of existing and knowledgeable ECF members and the database they have created. Many thanks to all who have come, gone, and are here today!

Ordered from Bull City Vapor

Banana-FW (Size: 10ml)
    Lemonade-FW (Size: 10ml)
    Orange Dream Bar-FW (Size: 10ml)
    Lemon-TFA (Size: 10ml)
    Ripe Banana-TFA (Size: 10ml)
    Sweetener-TFA (Size: 10ml)
    Sweet Tangerine-Cap (Size: 13ml Original Bottle)
    Raspberry V2-Cap (Size: 13ml Original Bottle)

Going to try and make several different simple e-liquids: lemonade and yellow taffy(banana).

Very excited. Have been buying and adding nic to some of my store bought juices, and have decided to quit buying all premixed liquids.

Still buying equipment for the vapocalypse. Will have a scale and 6L of NN Armor v2 by the end of July.

vape on!

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Congrats on taking the diy plunge,you'll be glad you did.

Be careful with that ripe banana if you use plastic tanks.It will eat them haha.I use it in my glass tanks,and it's fine,but plastic doesn't survive long at all with it.

Be careful with ripe banana period. That stuff will blow your head off!

No bases? Creams, custards, VBIC etc ?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Going to try and make several different simple e-liquids: lemonade and yellow taffy(banana).
    Suggest you try each (I usually make 3 ml. size) as a single flavor to get a handle on strength and unadorned taste. Make notes so you can remember your impressions, then, go for mixes. Most fruits are a short steep (24 hrs to a week).

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    That's exciting! I have bought my flavors from Bull City (great site) and plan on getting more. I don't seem to do well if I make something up myself, but can follow a recipe with great results.

That is what I am counting on too!

Reactions: Bonskibon

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Be careful with ripe banana period. That stuff will blow your head off!

No bases? Creams, custards, VBIC etc ?

Just trying to make some very simple e-liquids out of the gate. Will probably not do too much until I have a scale. Buying that btw now and end of July.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Suggest you try each (I usually make 3 ml. size) as a single flavor to get a handle on strength and unadorned taste. Make notes so you can remember your impressions, then, go for mixes. Most fruits are a short steep (24 hrs to a week).

Yes, have to learn to work with very small 3ml batches at first. Will be tough.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Just trying to make some very simple e-liquids out of the gate. Will probably not do too much until I have a scale. Buying that btw now and end of July.

I understand the KISS philosophy but some bases will give you a ton of flexibility like a simple Bannana and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. VBIC and any fruit really. Orange dream Bar (ok on it's own BTW) is better with say a Vanilla custard to smooth and sweeten it some. Just simple mixes like that with a primary and a base.

I did a tutorial a while back on weight based mixing that you may or may not have seen. You might find it helpful: Mixing By Weight: Basics 101

Edit:
    Yes, have to learn to work with very small 3ml batches at first. Will be tough.

I've never made a 3ml batch in my life. Just to small and the margin for error is to great. I always make at least 10ml. These supplies are not expensive, give yourself a better chance and mix a bigger batch. If it isn't any good, dump it. You probably have less than a dollars worth of ingredients there.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I understand the KISS philosophy but some bases will give you a ton of flexibility like a simple Bannana and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. VBIC and any fruit really. Orange dream Bar (ok on it's own BTW) is better with say a Vanilla custard to smooth and sweeten it some. Just simple mixes like that with a primary and a base.

I did a tutorial a while back on weight based mixing that you may or may not have seen. You might find it helpful: Mixing By Weight: Basics 101

I'll watch the vid!!! I'll order the flavors!!! Thanks!

I need all the help that I can get. :thumb:

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Even though it is said to be citric acids that damage plastic tanks I would be concerned with what leaches out of the plastic because of the e-Liquids. I can safely say that I would never buy a plastic tank because of that but anyone ever have an affect on say a Drip Tip from an acidic e-Liquid?

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Even though it is said to be citric acids that damage plastic tanks I would be concerned with what leaches out of the plastic because of the e-Liquids. I can safely say that I would never buy a plastic tank because of that but anyone ever have an affect on say a Drip Tip from an acidic e-Liquid?
    I can't remember what flavor it was,but my son had a plastic drip tip pretty much turn to goo on him.He put his mouth on it,and the lite pressure made it start sinking into his tank,it had melted the part where the o-rings are,and just let it slide through.I'm not positive but i think it may have been banana,that is his favorite flavor,so he almost always uses it.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I can't remember what flavor it was,but my son had a plastic drip tip pretty much turn to goo on him.He put his mouth on it,and the lite pressure made it start sinking into his tank,it had melted the part where the o-rings are,and just let it slide through.I'm not positive but i think it may have been banana,that is his favorite flavor,so he almost always uses it.

Interesting

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I've had that happen many times. There's a HUGE list of flavors that don't play nice with plastics/acrylics and that seems to include their vapor. All my dt's now have a ss base. All my tanks are glass. I like tank killing flavors.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran

Doh!

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I've had that happen many times. There's a HUGE list of flavors that don't play nice with plastics/acrylics and that seems to include their vapor. All my dt's now have a ss base. All my tanks are glass. I like tank killing flavors.

Me too.Cinnamon is a flavor i use a lot,and it will kill a plastic tank in just a few hours.The banana cream my son uses,will also eat plastic,but it is slow to show it.He was going through a plastic bell cap a month,they would slowly start to get those small cracks,then start leaking shortly after.

Reactions: aikanae1

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran

Rcvd my first order. I appreciate all the comments on this.

I did not know of the damaging effects some of these flavors had. It was not emphasized in the threads I was reading regarding lemonade e-liquids, the primary focus.

It's not that I'm nuts abt lemonade, I do like it, but the reason why I chose it was b/c it goes up great against an RY4. The RY4 really shines when it is placed directly against a sweet and sour flavor note.

Making a great RY4 is to be my next target.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread