Yay got my pre PACT order today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club42

May 21, 2010
Moscow Idaho
I just got into snus, snuff, and dissolvables about two months ago so most of my order was a blind buy (why couldn't I have found out about this sooner). If anyone has any suggestions for a small last order let me know. I have currently only tried general mini mint, general original, thunder minis, stonewall, and gawith apricot.

20 Thunder Extra Stark, Mini Portion
20 Thunder Frosted Extra Stark, Mini Portion
1 SnusX Bucket, PORTION
5 Granit Mini, Portion
18 General Dry Mint, White Mini Portion
1 SnusX Aroma - Coffee, 8 ml
1 SnusX Aroma - Menthol, 8 ml
5 Nick & Johnny, Black Portion
5 Skruf Original, Portion
5 Tre Ankare, White Mini Portion
6 Mocca Licorice, White Mini Portion
6 Göteborgs Rape, White Mini Portion
5 Fellinni Lakrito, White Mini
Ettan, White Portion
4 100 count boxes of stonewall

I am really starting to regret getting anything mint as my taste buds are definitely changing. In the last month I've gone from 2.5 packs a day to one or two cigs a day and now those 2 can go to hell. Currently I'm using about two mini and three regular portions a day aside from a stonewall if I want to mix things up a bit. Even better I've stopped having to use my asthma inhaler!

Club42

May 21, 2010
Moscow Idaho
Thanks Skrymr. Hittman, I'm actually looking for more of a tobacco flavor. For something that I'm actually going to use on a day to day basis I don't think I want flavored. As for the portions the thunder minis seem to work good at 8 mg but I might get a few cans of some strong portion snus to fill the void of those last couple of cigs.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
I really like the lab01 for a straight tobacco snus. There's also lab02 that is stronger.

Thumbs up on the Lab01 from me, too. (Haven't tried the 02)

It's funny how tastes change over time. Initially, I couldn't tolerate anything more than a mini mint (sometimes 2 at once). But I quickly gravitated to Thunder minis because of their stronger nic kick. Initially, when I was trying out different brands, the regular portions were too 'wet' for me. The thought of swallowing all that t-juice made me gag and I had to spit out a few streams (sorry--maybe a gross image for some:p ?) before I could settle down and let the pouch work its magic in my cheek.

Over time and with more use, I find I'm liking the tobacco flavors (like Lab01) more. I seem to have adapted to the 'wetness' issue, too. Regular portions and brown mini's don't give me fits like they used to. On the other hand, I also think my nicotine intake has increased and I'm feeling the need to snus more often--not just at work but also at home.

I still vape quite a bit (seems to satisfy a different need) but I'm vaping a much lower nicotine content now. Snus definitely 'hits' more quickly than vaping does and if I'm not careful, I can overdo it. [One case of the mad hiccups---on a plane no less--when I mistakenly popped in two thunder minis instead of 2 mini mints, taught me the dangers of overkill. The woman sitting next to me kept shooting me WTF looks.

Anyway . . . your snus stash looks great. It's a nice mix of stuff that should keep you happy while we all adapt to life in the post-Pact era.

I have zero room in my freezer now so I can't put in an 11th hour order. Does the snusX bucket have to go in the fridge? I've heard mixed responses.

Cheers,
AT

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I believe Vaporer contacted them and they said it doesn't have to be refrigerated since it is dry. Also, skrymr is right as usual. The grov black is really good and is a strong portion but not extra stark at 12mg. It is a nice filler for me that I use every day after lunch to get that full stomach nic craving fix.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Skrymr, I have a can of that in my desk drawer. It is a decent regular tobacco flavor but I really don't like it that much. I have used a few portions out of it.

I'm just bringing it up because Club42 has them on his list of recent acquisitions. :D I am extremely happy with Grov Black, with the occasional OR CV thrown in.

AllCoExPat

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2010
    Elkton, MD
    Looks like a darn good order you've put together, Club42. Lots of variety to pick from when tastes change. General Mint and General Wintergreen are my staples, but I do kick in Grovsnus, Ettan, and Tre Ankare OP when I'm looking for a more traditional tobacco flavor. Lab 01 and 02 are also solid flavors. I have a few cans of each, but they aren't regular rotation members.

Club42

May 21, 2010
    Moscow Idaho
    Thanks guys,

I added a roll of Grovsnus Black and Lab01 to my cart. Also thanks for letting me know that the N&J Black is a strong portion. The thunder minis give me a decent kick but they don't hit the button the way they originally did when I'm really going nuts for a cig. I tried the Ettan last night and like the flavor but was surprised that the salt seemed so overpowering. I assumed since I had adjusted to General regular portions that I wouldn't get that. Anyway I'm sure I'll adjust to that with more practice as well. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Thanks guys,

I added a roll of Grovsnus Black and Lab01 to my cart. Also thanks for letting me know that the N&J Black is a strong portion. The thunder minis give me a decent kick but they don't hit the button the way they originally did when I'm really going nuts for a cig. I tried the Ettan last night and like the flavor but was surprised that the salt seemed so overpowering. I assumed since I had adjusted to General regular portions that I wouldn't get that. Anyway I'm sure I'll adjust to that with more practice as well. Thanks again for the suggestions!

:thumb:

:D

jamesam1243

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2010
    Midland Michigan
    what good is it if i can't get it?
    i have one box of java and one box of natural and have 6 boxes of each on order but what then?

my first time experience with Stonewall was not only no desire for a cigarette but no desire for my ecig as well, could this be the reason i over vape, seeking those alkaloids? or maybe i just vape instead of eating cookies, potato chips or crackers? anyway i normally use 0mg ejuice to just mindlessly vape any more

James

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I would say that it is most likely. Most if us were vaping high mg liquids nonstop before using smokeless products.

what good is it if i can't get it?
    i have one box of java and one box of natural and have 6 boxes of each on order but what then?

my first time experience with Stonewall was not only no desire for a cigarette but no desire for my ecig as well, could this be the reason i over vape, seeking those alkaloids? or maybe i just vape instead of eating cookies, potato chips or crackers? anyway i normally use 0mg ejuice to just mindlessly vape any more

James

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Club42

May 21, 2010
    Moscow Idaho
    That was the case with me as well James. I would have had to constantly vape all day to stay off cigs. I'm taking the wait and see approach with the Stonewalls. I saw that they list Rite Aid as a vendor but I have yet to find one that carries them. I'm also going to talk to the guy at my local tobacco shop and see if it would be possible for him to stock them.

On a side note the guys at Northerner fully expect to be able to ship via UPS from their U.S. warehouse so I don't see why that wouldn't be an option for Stonewall vendors.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I think that it has to do with being able to track and pay taxes to each state that they are shipped to. Most of the small vendors will find it most likely not worth the hassle. I thought I read something also about them having to pay some kind of fee to the states or something.

Club42

May 21, 2010
    Moscow Idaho
    That makes since Hittman. I'm sure small vendors would not bother considering they already make a ton off of cigarettes and chew. I'm to the point where I just want to fast forward a month and see how things have panned out. I just read a post on Snuson where some poor ....... in NY just realized he couldn't purchase any snus online. I'm definitely hoping no other states go that route.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread