YAY I can finally post here! Ordering a Provari Mini in a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapp_badbloodz

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Browns Mills
New to the forum still and new to vaping... however; I enjoy it so much that I am jumping to a Provari to enhance my vaping experience. I have read nothing but good things and with all sorts of stuff out there this device offers everything I could ever want and need :) I am so stoked to be getting one.

I already ordered a IBTank'd 22mm Carto tank setup and plan to get a Lil Mama from Big Daddy Vapor and maybe one more of each. I am going on a deployment soon so having a backup will be a priority.

I know there are some seasoned veterans in here... what are the DO's and DONT's with Provari. Specifically I am getting the Mini 2.5 LE version since I am a cop and a fan of "ninja" or "blacked out" setups. It looks really clean and the added color, size, and tint will definitely come in handy while on patrols.

Does anybody know if the diameter if the diameter of the mini is equal or smaller (do I dare say larger?) than the regular version? Also, how rugged is this thing? It will be banged around and beat up while its in my pocket and definitely put to the test.

One last thing (sorry)... what are some absolute "must haves" with the provari? I know this question is kind of depends on preference but there must be a general consensus...

Thanks for the help and cant wait to join the crowd after my trip home :)

Corey

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
New to the forum still and new to vaping... however; I enjoy it so much that I am jumping to a Provari to enhance my vaping experience. I have read nothing but good things and with all sorts of stuff out there this device offers everything I could ever want and need :) I am so stoked to be getting one.

I already ordered a IBTank'd 22mm Carto tank setup and plan to get a Lil Mama from Big Daddy Vapor and maybe one more of each. I am going on a deployment soon so having a backup will be a priority.

I know there are some seasoned veterans in here... what are the DO's and DONT's with Provari. Specifically I am getting the Mini 2.5 LE version since I am a cop and a fan of "ninja" or "blacked out" setups. It looks really clean and the added color, size, and tint will definitely come in handy while on patrols.

Does anybody know if the diameter if the diameter of the mini is equal or smaller (do I dare say larger?) than the regular version? Also, how rugged is this thing? It will be banged around and beat up while its in my pocket and definitely put to the test.

One last thing (sorry)... what are some absolute "must haves" with the provari? I know this question is kind of depends on preference but there must be a general consensus...

Thanks for the help and cant wait to join the crowd after my trip home :)

Corey

As Scandel posted the dimensions of the full size and mini are the same. The minis specs:

3.48" L x 0.90" D (stock 18350 battery version) (without atomizer)

3.98"L x 0.90" D (with 18490 extension cap) (without atomizer)

As far as durable, think of it as a small Maglite.

I'm sure others will chimes in with their favorite "must haves," but I like my devices small and simple. My only must haves are: AW IMR batteries (why put cheap batteries in a quality device?); a good charger (Pila is reportedly very good, but a bit pricy fro me, so I have an Xtar and a Nitecore); IBTanks (I like 19mm for using with my charms. I only recently got a Loki ring and got a couple of 22mm tanks); and a Serenity Sleeve.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I would only use AW of Efest IMR batteries... Efest is kind of a new kid on the block, but I have found that their batteries are very good, hold a charge as well as AW's and are about 10% cheaper. We all love a good bargain right? :) You MUST use button tops with the ProVari. This is a physical reverse polarity safeguard of the device. It will not work with flat top batteries (without cheating and adding a rare earth magnet, which will void the warranty of the device). I also have an Xtar charger, and they are very good as well. I would get the extension cap right off the bat, so you can get a bit more life out of your device if you plan to be gone all day. When I go to work, I use an 18650 on my ProVari Standard. At home andjust out and about, I use the standard end cap. I actually prefer the look with the standard end cap, Pips on the top and the bottom :)

As for what to put on top... I personally like the Kanger ProTank 2's and just about any Carto tank. I like to stick with pyrex tanks from IBTanked (Quartz Glass). There are some strong juices out there that will break down acrylic tanks and crack them, you won't have that issue with Pyrex.

Welcome to the family! I'm sure you'll love the ProVari.

Oh, and yes, these things are absolute tanks... I think you'll be surprised by 1) how compact it is, and 2) how friggin heavy it is for its size! They are built armadillo tough. I saw a photo of one on Reddit that survived a house fire! If your pocket can break it, you wear some amazing pants...

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Congrats on your investment on a ProVari!! With your type of work (awesome BTW!!) I believe you couldn't have picked a better, durable mod!

And I ditto everything mentioned above ^^^^regarding quality batts/charger. This is extremely important and def not an area to skimp on quality for price. Not sure what color you picked (sounds like black) but there are some cool leather sleeves for them too.

Also, not sure if you've tried carto tanks before but they are awesome. The only thing I'd recommend, IMO, is maybe another or at least a glass bcc or top coil tank. I switch out flavors a lot so I have at any given time 7-10 tanks loaded. If you only vape one flavor, then that one tank is cool. But if you like to vape more flavors/day, one tank won't cut it.

kapp_badbloodz

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Browns Mills
Thanks for all the input guys. I am definitely excited to get started right away when it gets to my house :) The confidence and support from the consumers is amazing! I am glad to be heading in the right direction.

The ruggedness was my only concern because if I get in a fight trying to arrest someone, have to hit the deck and roll around with it in my pocket, or it gets caught on something/closed in something/etc while in my pocket... all could mean disaster. But now I feel comfortable running the provari with a good tank setup and feel safe with it tucked away.

Thanks again. I'll post pictures when I get everything in :)

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Thanks for all the input guys. I am definitely excited to get started right away when it gets to my house :) The confidence and support from the consumers is amazing! I am glad to be heading in the right direction.

The ruggedness was my only concern because if I get in a fight trying to arrest someone, have to hit the deck and roll around with it in my pocket, or it gets caught on something/closed in something/etc while in my pocket... all could mean disaster. But now I feel comfortable running the provari with a good tank setup and feel safe with it tucked away.

Dude, you could USE THE Provari to arrest someone. It's as rugged as a baton!

I can't add much to what people have already said here. As for carto tanks, I think the IBTanked 19mm fits better, looks better than the 22mm, but thats a subjective call.

You are gonna love it!

Congrats

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I don't know, if You have tried the pro-tank or not, some like it, some don't, but if you do. I would recommend a Tatroe tank, from Cig Techs, it is a all stainless tank that can take a beating, I am in construction, so I need something durable for work, that wont come apart, if I grab the top of it to take it out of my pocket.

robo74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Harvard, IL

I just received mine today, I am very impressed with the quality.
Now I haven't seen all mods available, but I must say, this would be hard to beat!
I would recommend this to any LEO, I am part of a LEO M/C, and I have been trying to convince a couple members that gaping is the way to go and get off the analogs. If I am ever successful, the provari is what I am going to suggest. Well worth it!

The only issue I see is the topper, whatever you choose, your going to have to worry about that breaking before the prover...thats a hard fact.

Rob

Mark_Henson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Jacksonville, FL, United States

Mine arrived this afternoon as well. Let me tell you, it's built like a tank! And it would make a great club! You'll love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread