YAY, I can taste again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fool

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis
I have wondered the same thing myself. Why does this seem to happen to most/many people. The thing that I can share with you, is that for me anyway, it stopped happening at about 6 months. Now, is this because I don't vape as much now as I did in my first few months? Maybe it's just that my taste-bud have healed from their 40 years of abuse and are doing a happy dance.

wondering the same, been about 3 weeks I guess and at this point I dont taste anything when I vape, just like air, I have cleaned my attys tried dripping, dipping.... I am using an m4 and ultrapure from innovapor, Have I killed my taste buds? I find I vape pretty heavy. I am waiting on an order of ry4 from madvapes to see if a different liquid will help. but I am really getting disapointed..

Jeseryn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2010
New England
Wow I just posted this same thing on the new members forum. After collecting a bunch of flavors I can taste NOTHING for like 2-3 days now. All I taste is a slightly sour taste which might be remnants of peach on my attys but mostly nothing. I hope it comes back soon. It;s making me crave analogs.

I'm almost a month into vaping now.

The Fool

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis
wondering the same, been about 3 weeks I guess and at this point I dont taste anything when I vape, just like air, I have cleaned my attys tried dripping, dipping.... I am using an m4 and ultrapure from innovapor, Have I killed my taste buds? I find I vape pretty heavy. I am waiting on an order of ry4 from madvapes to see if a different liquid will help. but I am really getting disapointed..

Wow I just posted this same thing on the new members forum. After collecting a bunch of flavors I can taste NOTHING for like 2-3 days now. All I taste is a slightly sour taste which might be remnants of peach on my attys but mostly nothing. I hope it comes back soon. It;s making me crave analogs.

You are both right on schedule for this to be happening. Trust that it will pass and then will probably happen again later. Seems to be the nature of this vaping beast. Even if you did smoke a cigarette right now it would not taste very good. I have heard that one flavor that seems to get through these periods is cinnamon.

DoomsDay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Charlotte NC
Funny thing, I have had this happen to me a couple times also in the last 4 weeks! Part of the problem I found was that sometimes I was getting some ejuice in my mouth and that was causing it. I have atomic cinnacide and it is a great cinnamon flavor but during those times, even it is weak, but at least I do taste something hehe.

The Fool

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis
Yeah, I could still taste food too. The first time it happened to me was before I had found the forum. I didn't even know anyone else who vaped, so no one to ask. I was pretty freaked out, thought it was the 'this is too good to be true' other shoe dropping. Took a good couple of days to pass.

I have no idea if this helped or not, but I use to keep Commit lozenges in my e-cigarette case. I think I may have used them to help me over the hump. When I couldn't taste anything, I wasn't sure if I was getting any nicotiene or not, so I supplemented with the lozenges just in case. It really is a weird phenomenon.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
This is the second time my buds have completely died and couldn't taste juice at all. I've read about this here and there on the forum but does anyone know why this happens? My buds were gone for almost 4days this time!

Weird. I've never experienced this myself. My taste sense came back pretty strong after quitting analogues and has been working well ever since. Having my taste back has been one of the best things about vaping.

croman67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2010
Oregon
I have been vaping for just a little over 7 weeks now (no analogs - Yay me!!).
I've read about people losing their taste but it hadn't happened to me until today.
This sucks!
But it's not ALL the flavors, just my favorite! lol You know, the one juice I have about
300 ml of. haha
It tastes just awful. :(
I have recently started playing with other flavors, so maybe I've messed myself up...
I hope it comes back as fast as it went.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Hmmm...I haven't tried the many many juices I put in the back because I wasn't crazy about them. I wonder if I tried one of them if it would have taste...but when this happens I so miss my waffle, butterscotch almond and hopscotch.

When my taste was wacky last time I tried a 5v box mod for the first time and wow! That I could taste! Waffle was amazing on it. Unfortunately, one of my batteries died and have more coming from madvapes on thurs..going to be a very long couple days

Kimbernewbie

Oct 13, 2010
usa

My buds were gone too, until I read a little trick to try on another thread. Aim your vape to the roof of your mouth instead of your tongue and within a few hours all will return. At least that's my experience. It was the best hint, because I thought I had fried my tastebuds.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Ooooo, Oooooo, from where?

From VB. I tried it at their vape party on a 5v mod (only way I had it) and wow, sooo good! Like I said, no idea what it's like at 3.7, but at 5 it feel like it's just dripping down your throat...yum! Be careful though, will take over your atty completely. I have a different cinnamon no where near as strong and never got the taste out of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread