Year of the Dragon approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
We're entering the Year of the Water Dragon in the Chinese Zodiac.

Always been interested in old mythology and tales personally. It was the Greek mythos when I was a kid, but Chinese mythology is a lot more accessible than it was back then.

Reading through some of the old stories and "tall tales", we share a lot more than I realized... I suppose the stories are all just ways of teaching, and there would be no reason to think they would be THAT different across cultures.

What Chinese sign were you born under? Does it fit you or is it total bunk?

Here's mine....and it fits pretty nicely. Does it make my .... look big?

Born in the year of the Metal Dog.

The Dog is a giving, compassionate personality. He offers kind words, support and advice to friends and family. He is a listener, always available to lend an ear or a shoulder to a friend in need. Often Dogs know more about their friends than their friends know about them or even themselves! Dogs are incredibly attentive. Sometimes though, Dogs should pay more attention to their own needs. In private, many Dog people worry a lot.

THE METAL DOG 1910 AND 1970

Metal Dogs have extremely high standards and expect a lot of themselves and of others. They are loyal and hold a strong outlook about the direction they want their life to take. They choose their friends and causes with care, as they do not plan to ever not support these people and things again. Once they have committed themselves, there is little to no turning back. They are bold, unafraid to disagree out loud about anything they feel is unjust or unfair. Metal Dogs are easily stressed if a plan does not go accordingly. They find it difficult to relax when there are things to be done.

So....um....what's your sign? ;)

(.....and the answer to your questions are both "yes"....)
1. I am opening the last beer of a 6 pack, why do you ask?
2. I will stop drinking before numerology makes sense.

Lady J

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Ohio
I was born in the Year of the Fire Dragon. [insert ominous music here]

The Dragon is a creature of myth and legend. A symbol of good fortune and sign of intense power, the Oriental Dragon is regarded as a divine beast - the reverse of the malicious monster that Westerners felt necessary to find and slay. In Eastern philosophy, the Dragon is said to be a deliverer of good fortune and a master of authority. Therefore, those people born in Dragon years are to be honored and respected.

THE FIRE DRAGON 1916 AND 1976

The Fire Dragon is a powerful force to be reckoned with. This is a Dragon doubled! The Fire Dragon can move from calm and collected to combustible in a matter of seconds. In some ways the Fire Dragon is his or her own worst enemy. These Dragons cannot help feeling they are valuable and all-knowing. When they are right their vehemence and vigor is an asset to the cause, and though they value objectivity, they do not always employ the best decision-making measures, and sometimes jump to the wrong conclusion. They also suffer from recklessness and quick tempers. Yet, when they do keep their temper, emotions, and rivaling spirit under control, they emanate a commanding influence on other people.

It's kind of weird. I am my own worst enemy. I also have a quick temper.

The boyfriend is a Water Pig, and the descriptions are mostly wrong. Though, Pig/Dragon is said to be a warm and loving relationship. That's accurate for us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread