Yes... Another New Guy Story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup y'all...

In an effort to keep this as short as possible, I'll try to spare details...

I'm a 34 year old guy from New Hampshire. I've been a pretty heavy smoker for my entire adult life. Like a bunch of other people... I've been down the "corner store" disposable route a few times... Mostly to combat a strict non smoking work environment at my last job. They never stuck. I've always loved smoking... I'm not gonna lie. Even as my blood pressure has continued to rise, and I wake up every morning to a severely dry mouth and throat and hack my brains out every morning for 20 minutes.... Something about it... I dunno... We've all been there. Anyway... More to the point.about a week ago, I saw something... Or watched something... If I remember correctly, I think I was listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast and they were making fun of the Stephen Dorff Blu commercial... which led me down the rabbit hole a little. I had my GF pick up ANY ecig they carried at her work (Rite Aid) and she came home with this "21st Century" ..... $27 for 1 battery, a charger and 3 carts.. I had to start somewhere and it served a purpose... I wanted variety in flavors, cuz the tobacco flavor was like licking battery acid off of a dogs balls... Sooo...

I ended up here by Googling if any other brands carts would fit this thing... And Lo and Behold... WOW. I had no idea how deep the rabbit hole went. So, I'm totally down with this... I've read all of the starter recommendations, I've been sitting here for 3 days, going through a bunch of things, (GrimmGreen, TWWOV, Vape-Vixen) and while it may seem overwhelming to a new guy, I'm pretty solid about what I'm going to start with and worry about upgrades at a later date.

However, in order to do this properly, and be successful.. Long term... I need the right equipment. It'll be a couple of weeks before my tax refund comes in, and THAT is when I'm going to order all of my fabulous "Vape-Goodies"... In the meantime, I'm stuck with going between store bought disposables and analogs... I'll be honest.... I'm a pack and a half to 2 pack a day smoker, and I've smoked a pack of analogs in 3 days while trying disposables. So, they help...... but they quality and battery life are atrocious.as they die, I "cheat"... I don't want to... And I'm confident that once my Vape-Rig arrives, I'll be cool... My options are as follows...

21st century 3 pack o' carts $10(Reg and Menthol)
iLogic i cart and battery $10 (reg and menth)
njoy $9 (reg/menth/vanilla)
Blu $9 (reg and menth)

I'd just like the best vape for my buck til my proper vaping apparatus shows up...
Recommendations?

**EDIT** I guess what I'm trying to say is.. Out of the puppies listed above... What's my best bet...?? For now... Till I order my eGo Twist, Vivo and juices...

Last edited:

bl42

Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
McAllen TX
Sup y'all...

In an effort to keep this as short as possible, I'll try to spare details...

I'm a 34 year old guy from New Hampshire. I've been a pretty heavy smoker for my entire adult life. Like a bunch of other people... I've been down the "corner store" disposable route a few times... Mostly to combat a strict non smoking work environment at my last job. They never stuck. I've always loved smoking... I'm not gonna lie. Even as my blood pressure has continued to rise, and I wake up every morning to a severely dry mouth and throat and hack my brains out every morning for 20 minutes.... Something about it... I dunno... We've all been there. Anyway... More to the point.about a week ago, I saw something... Or watched something... If I remember correctly, I think I was listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast and they were making fun of the Stephen Dorff Blu commercial... which led me down the rabbit hole a little. I had my GF pick up ANY ecig they carried at her work (Rite Aid) and she came home with this "21st Century" ..... $27 for 1 battery, a charger and 3 carts.. I had to start somewhere and it served a purpose... I wanted variety in flavors, cuz the Tobacco flavor was like licking battery acid off of a dogs balls... Sooo...

I ended up here by Googling if any other brands carts would fit this thing... And Lo and Behold... WOW. I had no idea how deep the rabbit hole went. So, I'm totally down with this... I've read all of the starter recommendations, I've been sitting here for 3 days, going through a bunch of things, (GrimmGreen, TWWOV, Vape-Vixen) and while it may seem overwhelming to a new guy, I'm pretty solid about what I'm going to start with and worry about upgrades at a later date.

However, in order to do this properly, and be successful.. Long term... I need the right equipment. It'll be a couple of weeks before my tax refund comes in, and THAT is when I'm going to order all of my fabulous "Vape-Goodies"... In the meantime, I'm stuck with going between store bought disposables and analogs... I'll be honest.... I'm a pack and a half to 2 pack a day smoker, and I've smoked a pack of analogs in 3 days while trying disposables. So, they help...... but they quality and battery life are atrocious.as they die, I "cheat"... I don't want to... And I'm confident that once my Vape-Rig arrives, I'll be cool... My options are as follows...

21st century 3 pack o' carts $10(Reg and Menthol)
iLogic i cart and battery $10 (reg and menth)
nJoy $9 (reg/menth/vanilla)
Blu $9 (reg and menth)

I'd just like the best vape for my buck til my proper vaping apparatus shows up...
Recommendations?

A PBusardo Video - Beginners Guide to E-Cigs and E-Cig Tech - YouTube

Best 31 mins i have spent
After that make more informed decision -> i ended up with the eVic + Vivi nova tank ... Happy so far

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
Also, you will read a ton of stories from people "cutting down" their cigs by vaping, and most of them are talking about how it doesn't work. (Not all, but the majority.) OTOH the people who commit and just decide not to smoke anymore tend to dedicate more energy to getting it right.. (That is the same advice for just about any major change. Immersion training works better for languages, learning Mac or Linux doesn't work if you keep going back to Windows all the time, etc etc..)

Now, thats not to say I'd have put cigs down in favor of the gas station variety (although I tried.. oh god was it awful..) but when you get a decent kit, try just using it exclusively..

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Welcome to ECF. I don't want to know how you equated the taste to licking battery acid off your dogs balls but you about had me falling out of my chair....

Everyone is different. A device that works great for 1 might not be the device for you.

What kind of budget are you looking at for your setup? Are you comfortable going with noncig-a-like mods?

Welcome to ECF. I don't want to know how you equated the taste to licking battery acid off your dogs balls but you about had me falling out of my chair....

Everyone is different. A device that works great for 1 might not be the device for you.

What kind of budget are you looking at for your setup? Are you comfortable going with noncig-a-like mods?

I'm more than likely gonna go with an ego twist (or 2) vivo clearomizers... a decent drip tip and a bunch of flavors.. I imagine that once the funds are available, I'll look around for the best deal on a twist starter kit and purchase the other things separately... I'm infatuated with all things vaping, ATM. I'm excited to get started...

I've been rocking disposables all weekend... Blu disposables aren't horrendous.. but at 10 bucks a pop... Ugh. I just need to find the best locally available disposables for the next couple of weeks, because I've gotten to a point, in only a few days, where I REALLY think this can work.... I'm disgusted by the taste of analogs, But the addiction.... sigh. I kinda ran out of em, so I've been resorting to analogs most of the day... And I'm disgusted with myself... Ha. :/

Ken62

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Weatherford, Texas
Welcome to ECF Furbish, you have found the best place to get your questions answered about vaping.

Your idea for a first kit is spot on as far as I'm concerned; a Twist or 2 and some clearos... You might want to add a few cartos too, some like them better.

Don't forget the juice! I would get a sampler pack for your first order, just to see what you actually like!

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Welcome Furbush- Welcome, Welcome
I'm a NH Vapor too. (Eastern part of the state)

I started with an eGo-C Starter kit- 4weeks now. You get 2 complete vapping units with batteries (mine came with 650mah's- I then got 2 1000mah's and a 1100mah twist battery), cartrages (the mouthpieces that you fill with ejuice) and a charger. The 650s will last 4-5 hours of heavy vapping- haven't been able to vape the 1000s to empty. The eGo's are easy to fill, easy to carry day to day- so you always have your vape ! The eGo batteries connector threads is so common- you can add tanks, clearomizers etc... but being able to have the carts filled and at the ready is just great.

I believe any heavy smoker would be 'satisfied' (impressed) with the vapor, and flavor of eGo's...I did ! (I quit the day I got it- and that's from a 40+ yr, 2 PAD 'burro' man !)

I found that 'bacco' flavors that I tried (5 or six of them) do not taste good. Ejuice vape just does not taste like burring ciggys.
I like 'Coffee' in the AM, then fruit flavors latter, maybe some Butterscotch or Maple Pecan. Getting my taste back, It's Great !

Can't tell ya which e-cig a like is better- only tried a BLU- no flavor, little vapor- and lasted about two hours with me.

We all welcome you, and wish you the Best !

Best book I've ever watched.

My brain started to melt about 15 minutes in... A LOT of math.... lol.

I'll get the gear and get started.... If I'd like to fine tune my experience, afterwards... I'll start asking questions... That was nutty and confusing at this stage of the game.... haha.

Welcome Furbush- Welcome, Welcome
I'm a NH Vapor too. (Eastern part of the state)

I started with an eGo-C Starter kit- 4weeks now. You get 2 complete vapping units with batteries (mine came with 650mah's- I then got 2 1000mah's and a 1100mah twist battery), cartrages (the mouthpieces that you fill with ejuice) and a charger. The 650s will last 4-5 hours of heavy vapping- haven't been able to vape the 1000s to empty. The eGo's are easy to fill, easy to carry day to day- so you always have your vape ! The eGo batteries connector threads is so common- you can add tanks, clearomizers etc... but being able to have the carts filled and at the ready is just great.

I believe any heavy smoker would be 'satisfied' (impressed) with the vapor, and flavor of eGo's...I did ! (I quit the day I got it- and that's from a 40+ yr, 2 PAD 'burro' man !)

I found that 'bacco' flavors that I tried (5 or six of them) do not taste good. Ejuice vape just does not taste like burring ciggys.
I like 'Coffee' in the AM, then fruit flavors latter, maybe some Butterscotch or Maple Pecan. Getting my taste back, It's Great !

Can't tell ya which e-cig a like is better- only tried a BLU- no flavor, little vapor- and lasted about two hours with me.

We all welcome you, and wish you the Best !

Thanks!

I'm kicking around the mean streets of Dirrrty Franklin. :p

I was originally eyeballing the apollo eGo Twist kit I saw someone recommended while I was lurking a couple of days ago... However, I'm not married to it yet.

i'll spent as much as it takes to get a decent starting setup that will not fail me. $75-100... And not on some of the stuff that, after doing some digging around the internets, I now realize are scams, essentially.

Until 3 days ago, I never was even aware that there was anything more than cig-a-likes around.
Now that I'm at least a teensy bit educated on the subject... The aesthetics of the device are of no concern to me. I want functionality... long battery life... and, basically... The best possible vaping experience to once and for all rid myself of the analog habit.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Ahh, Franklin- bet you don't see many Vapers there ?
Just saw my first 'Vaper in the Wild' this weekend at a gig I was a DJ at.
Went over to talk with him for a few- showed me his cig-a-like, his eyes popped out when he saw the cloud of vapor from my eGo.
I do believe he is going to convert up this week !

PM me with your address and I will send ya a couple of bottles of eJuice I'm not using anymore, I'm doing DYI now- no menthol though.

Ahh, Franklin- bet you don't see many Vapers there ?
Just saw my first 'Vaper in the Wild' this weekend at a gig I was a DJ at.
Went over to talk with him for a few- showed me his cig-a-like, his eyes popped out when he saw the cloud of vapor from my eGo.
I do believe he is going to convert up this week !

PM me with your address and I will send ya a couple of bottles of eJuice I'm not using anymore, I'm doing DYI now- no menthol though.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to PM in this joint... Ha.

Little help?

SnIpEsYMcGeE

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Tennessee
welcome, i would probably recommend a ego twist kit. i work at a vape shop and that is what we recommend to everybody. very easy to get started and the biggest problem when starting is filling your ecig. an ego twist with a clearo (stardust, etc.) would be a very good start. very easy to fill, they have decent flavor and throat hit and with the twist kit you could dial it in.

Last edited:

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I've posted similar to this before, but figured after the chuckle your "battery acid off a dogs balls" comment gave me, I owed you some of my wisdom....

I won't advise you on gear... you'll get what you get and learn something in the process.

I will suggest that you do your absolute best to realize Vaping is not smoking.

Don't think of it as "I'm doing this so I don't smoke"...

Think of it as "I'm doing this BECAUSE I don't smoke"

I struggled a bit with cig-a-like junk... but when I finally got a real PV (I refuse to associate vaping with smoking by calling them ecigs)... life was easy... I didn't have to try to quit smoking.... I just did because I was no longer a smoker.

I'm happy being a Vaper.

Its cheaper
Its healthier
It tastes better
I don't smell like hot garbage

Keep Calm
And
Vape On

Sent from the ether using the power of my mind... and the Tapatalk app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread